Ask a veteran ARKS!

@zaffy2005 Hmm, dunno then. x-x

@Ezodagrom What "Storage" is it even referring to? Where are these items supposed to be going?

@zaffy2005 Usually it would either be the basic storage or the temporary storage, I guess?

@zaffy2005 @Ezodagrom If happens a lot with CO reporting, maybe grinders?

Also, if there's some storage which already stores the particular item, then that storage will likely to be chosen as the destination.

when is the new contents? on pc release?

@Xiongzzle26 New content came out today, a new urgent quest.

If I'm looking for rock for upgrading ring (Navarius Rock, Lilipan Rock, Wopal rock, etc.) which food booster am I looking for to make that easier? Mineral rate, jewel rate, or unique rate? And do the size rate buffs have anything to do with this or are those strictly about fishing?

I mean, if I had to take a wild stab at it, using Naverius as the standard: Mineral Rate = Naverius Rock (and other rocks like Lillipan, Wopol, etc.) Jewel Rate = Forest Emerald (and other "Jewels" like Ruins Amethyst and Volcanic Caves Garnet) Unique = Navershroom (and other "rare" items that Yerkes wants us to find for him)

Am I on the right track?

@zaffy2005 You are right on everything except the "Unique" items part.

Yerkes' CO items are counted as "Other," with the exception of Navershroom which is a Vegetable; the NA version doesn't have the food that boosts "Other" yet as they require ingredients from Episode 4 Expeditions. "Unique" items are ones that you can fish up that don't exactl fit in to other categories, like the Naverius Turtle or Little Meduna.

The item description of each gathered item should tell you both the type and size (though obviously this only helps when you have the item already), for example, you'll see that a Forest Emerald is a Medium-sized Jewel, so any food that boosts Medium items or Jewels will increase your chance to get one.

hmm i guess what i was trying to ask is when is next episode?

@Xiongzzle26 No one, except the devs, has that info currently.

@Xiongzzle26 Probably not until all the Episode 3 content is out, still missing a few major urgent quests (major boss ones) and 2 new types of quests.

Sooo.... i have not started playing yet and watched family play for a few weeks while i wait for the pc release... honestly after watching the forum discussions for some time and seeing how much of a money sink this game is with no changes in the few months of release i had 1 or 2 questions because it feels like they are trying to rob you or literally push you away from the game with these prices.

#1 Why did the JP version vets come over to NA when it is as bad as people claim? this is one thing i am very curious about,as if maybe NA has something or does something better than the JP version other than the English text.

#2 honestly i have never heard of PSO until a few months ago and now im actually excited to try it but seeing the reaction some are having that are hard to argue with for valid points leaves me asking, is it hard to get set up to play the JP version if the NA version is lacking compared to it?

I don't really wanna bleed myself (or my wallet) dry over a game that offers a fraction of what the original does at the moment and from what i see,you can go 100% f2p on JP ver and enjoy it as if you were paying almost 100-200$ a month on NA. So instead of waiting for the confirmation of NA's sink or swim,i figured it would be good to ask the Vets of JP how it is and how hard it is to play on the JP version. thinking about it now though,it feels like the NA version is like an advertisement of the JP version haha.

The main reason im asking is due to playing Tera(yeah Tera,i know right? i like active gameplay but love cosmetics) for a few years on PC,then going to console tera when my pc died and god..it was a disappointment beyond anything you can think of after playing the original so now im just trying to avoid that while getting into a new game,any help is appreciated.

@xshadowburnx said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Sooo.... i have not started playing yet and watched family play for a few weeks while i wait for the pc release... honestly after watching the forum discussions for some time and seeing how much of a money sink this game is with no changes in the few months of release i had 1 or 2 questions because it feels like they are trying to rob you or literally push you away from the game with these prices. #1 Why did the JP version vets come over to NA when it is as bad as people claim? this is one thing im very curious of,as if maybe NA has something or does something better than the JP version other than the English text. #2 honestly i have never heard of PSO until a few months ago and now im actually excited to try it but seeing the reaction some are having that are hard to argue with for valid points leaves me asking, is it hard to get set up to play the JP version? I don't really wanna bleed myself (or my wallet) dry over a game that offers a fraction of what the original does at the moment and from what i see,you can go 100% f2p on JP ver and enjoy it as if you were paying almost 100-200$ a month on NA. So instead of waiting for the confirmation of NA's sink or swim,i figured it would be good to ask the Vets of JP how it is and how hard it is to play on the JP version. Thinking about it now though,it feels like the NA version is like an advertisement of the JP version haha. The main reason im asking is due to playing Tera(yeah Tera,i know right? i like active gameplay but love cosmetics) for a few years on PC,then going to console tera when my pc died and god..it was a disappointment beyond anything you can think of after playing the original so now im just trying to avoid that while getting into a new game,any help is appreciated.

Please format yout text in any way... use new lines.

It's unreadable right now (I mean it is, but it's a pain).

Full disclosure I am somewhere between the Credit Card Warrior and Whale category of players. And I never played it since PSO on DreamCast i.e. never played on JP Servers.

The game is beautiful and fun. It checks nearly all my boxes for the kind of game I like to play. If you're a Min Maxer kind of player. You might chew it up in a few weeks to a month or so. But if you play to enjoy and experience. Its absolutely well worth playing. And from everything I've read there is more than enough helpful guides, how tos, etc. on this forum to help you along the way.

Also keep in mind a lot of the salty sweatyness on these forums is all but maybe half a dozen to a dozen people. Some have points and simply don't interact well with others. Others its neither. But there are good people. And again. The game is a beautful and magical experience. At least for me. While I do try and enjoy a certain efficiency of play. I do primarily play to experienc and enjoy. And enjoy experiencingI am!

Any kind of delays/slownesses is in large part to the general circumstances of the world. The Chinese Coronavirus is kicking "All the Things!" in the can pretty hard. We all want this game to suceed. Give it a few sessions at least!

o/ =^.^=

@Chiryuu2609 ive had many people complain about that in emails and mail saying it was a block of black text that they couldnt read,my bad 😰 sadly i probly wont fix the problem before i die 🙇