Ask a veteran ARKS!

@Sylus said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@MachineQueen said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Sylus said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION!!

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

You have to know these things when you're an ARKs, after all.

What do you mean, an African or a European swallow?

Huh? I... I don't know that!

Fake bird fan

Thanks! it must have just been a buggy name! just thought it was neat it was red and their name was Devil. I do have another question. I noticed names are not unique? I ran into another Aura... Which makes me curious about the mail system, does that use our Xbox tag do you know?

@SpookyOh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Thanks! it must have just been a buggy name! just thought it was neat it was red and their name was Devil. I do have another question. I noticed names are not unique? I ran into another Aura... Which makes me curious about the mail system, does that use our Xbox tag do you know?

Any person can have any username, as they're bound to accounts. So you, me, and every other player can have a character named AAAAA -- usernames, on the other hand, must be unique. Its similar to the way systems like Discord use Username#0000, Username#0001, Username#0002 etc

So yes, unless your character name is extremely unique, there's a chance you may run into another person with that character name! But also, everyone can have a character named Red if they like 🙂

Edit -- I messed up my wording there. Any user can have any character name, as they're bound to accounts. Account names must be unique though. SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION IM BAD AT TALK

You are fine! and that is awesome! I honestly don't mind if people can have the same name, this does mean I killed myself shifting my sleep around for no reason to get a name lol now I know for alts I don't have to worry about reserving a name. Thanks tons!

You are fine! and that is awesome! I honestly don't mind if people can have the same name, this does mean I killed myself shifting my sleep around for no reason to get a name lol now I know for alts I don't have to worry about reserving a name. Thanks tons!

I highly recommend getting an account username you like ASAP as those ARE unique! I got a FANTASTIC one.

Oh I did! well someone took Aura, so I made mine the character I name I main and the alliance I am running. Thank goodness we can have spaces in them.

How do I set an account username? Is that why i would receive whispers from someone named 236876542305? because that person had not set their account name?

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR I set mine on the character selection screen. I went to Support Menu and Change ID was there "Change Player ID Name"

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR I set mine on the character selection screen. I went to Support Menu and Change ID was there "Change Player ID Name"

Okay, sounds like I will have to wait for the next beta then to change my name from the default name. Thanks!

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR IIRC over at the JP server I think you can only change the ID once. I'm sure it'll be the same on the NA server. But its been years so I'm not sure about it.

@ChainLis said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@JuLeS-SeLLaDoR IIRC over at the JP server I think you can only change the ID once. I'm sure it'll be the same on the NA server. But its been years so I'm not sure about it.

When you change it the first time, it tells you that you only get one free name change, so to make it a good one. You can get more of them, but you have to pay AC.

@MachineQueen said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Princesse-Jen said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Anyway, to give a fun question, what's feature are you most looking forward to the North American version hitting? And how do you feel about some of the adjustments made? (As a side note, I recently was comparing my video during the original tutorial when I played the Japanese server yeeears ago and how it started in this and I didn't realize they updated it in Japan so that was really interesting to me.)

A more complicated question, as it's something that wasn't really there when I played, any recommendations for the best ring(s) to make and best food to cook?

I also always found myself going back and forth on Armor. Weapons were pretty easy for me-- after all, there's only so many I can use and there's numbers for stats and things, but I never figured out what the best way to do armor was. I usually went with whatever I had highest for each slot (sometimes trying to balance one to each "type" (IE: Melee/Strike, Range, and Tech)), but is there a better way to go about them to get the most out of them?

Thank you for taking the time to answer people and help out 😄 I've been having a lot of fun reading your advice, even as someone who's played before.

@Princesse-Jen

Okay so this is totally silly but the feature I'm actually already appreciating more than anything else was VOIP. Being able to talk to your party members easily is SO MUCH MORE CONVENIENT THAN DROPPING OUT OF BATTLE TO TYPE FOR THIRTY SECONDS.

As for some of the adjustments, I think 'Alliances' is a little strange versus Teams, but otherwise everything is pretty good. Many of the voices REALLY capture the characters, and while I really hope there's an option to change back to Japanese audio for things like music, I can always just get the discs and go listen to them in my room so that's no big deal LOL.

There's not really any "best rings" because they all have completely different functions, its more like what you need your ring to do. But to make those and also food [also with different functions] just always make sure to harvest! Every day 😸 Also recently in PSO2JP they made some major changes to the ring system that I'm not super familiar with, and I suspect those changes will be implemented to PSO2NA upon launch, so feel free to get back to me on this!

Armor is a...HUGE discussion. Its not just about what has bigger numbers, its also about what type of armor you want, what affixes you want, what works best for you and, yeah, what has bigger numbers. It also becomes about time, money, and meseta. How much of each do you have to put into getting the end-game-iest levels of gear, and do you even need them? My wife has much higher level end game gear than I do, and has spent a lot of time studying and focusing on affixes, because she takes it more seriously than I do. That's not to say I don't do damage -- I focus heavily on buffing and support, but even among end game players, with lower end level gear, I'm still hard to KO. If you want to chase end game gear, do some research. If you just want to have fun, enjoy what drops, and dont worry too hard about it! You'll be plenty strong either way! 🙂

AAAAA THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!! THAT MEANS A LOT TO ME!!! PSO has been a huge part of my life since I was a kid and so its so nice to be able to get to talk about all this stuff and also help other new players! 😸 Please, feel free to keep asking questions! ^o^ THANK YOU FOR ENJOYING MY THREAD!!!

That's not silly at all!! It definitely sounds helpful-- I ended up not managing to say a single thing during Beta because I couldn't figure out how to open chat with a controller so I set up auto-chat which took me like 40 minutes to re-type everything from how I had it set up on the Japanese server and it made me so sad T~T I generally type pretty fast so I usually can manage in PSO2, but I can definitely understand the convenience. Especially after playing with a controller.

I will admit I found some changes a bit odd, but I guess it kind of works @-@ I think the ones that threw me off the most were "Melee" over Strike (I was so stressed out about messing up my Mag and that didn't help) and Auxiliaries because I got so used to just using "Support Partners". I know they said you could switch to Japanese voices so I would assume that would include some of the songs? Or maybe we will have both versions.

The ring effects overwhelmed me so badly when I looked initially, but I'll definitely try to take a more detailed look into them when we don't have limited time to play.

If you want to chase end game gear, do some research. If you just want to have fun, enjoy what drops, and dont worry too hard about it! You'll be plenty strong either way! 🙂

That makes me feel so much better XD I can't remember what Rod I used, but I know I had a really good upgraded Rosa Crane because it was my favorite tailis (though, I still generally prefer rods but I'd switch between the two occasionally or use the Crane for certain quests). The only thing I managed to do so far gear-wise was ruin my rod's attributes entirely by mistake (I forgot that it places current things-- not just adds onto or possibly upgrades). I'm sure (or hope) I'll get a better one eventually though. My current goal, since my favorite Rod was just a weapon camo, is going to be working towards getting enough badges to trade in for one of the four in the badge shop if I don't find anything better before then 😛

BUT YES YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!! 😄 My husband and one of our friends loves PSO so much (I am a newer PSO person overall-- I only played PSO Zero before PSO2, but this was easily one of my favorite "MMOs" so to speak) and I was re-looking at their reactions over Discord and remembering just how excited both my husband and I were when we saw it show up at E3 and like, we missed it so much so we're happy it's coming back even as we're stuck waiting now 😛 (or well, I can steal my husband's PC to play the Japanese version a bit again, but I just felt so thrown off with how many changes there were). I think the biggest thing for me is the fact that I'm so ready to play it again despite doing a lot of these quests and seeing a lot of the dialogue before (even if not an official translation). I don't usually rewatch or replay anything (I could count on one hand the number of things I have) nor do I usually make new characters on MMOs for any reason other than Storage (I used pretty much all character storage for furniture and cute outfits so uh...) so to be able to play an MMO again from the start is a huge deal for me and I genuinely can't wait until it's back to play some more (though... hopefully with PC, but if Xbox is it for the moment, it won't stop us from switching off-- I just don't know how we'll set-up progressing around the same time).

Maybe we'll even try to join a real team/alliance this time rather than just having a silly hang out place XD Anyway, back off to thread lurking and reading until I have more silly questions~

@Princesse-Jen Advice about how to level together! You can change class LITERALLY anytime you're in the lobby, as long as you're not queued up for a quest!

So if you want to progress together even on one machine, you can have your class that you play EXCLUSIVELY to match up how far each other has progressed, and your other class which is used to continue playing to your heart's content! And fun fact, you need to have multiple classes leveled, as the advanced classes [when they're introduced in PSO2NA] actually require at least 1 ranged, 1 melee, and 1 magic class to be level 75!

Please feel free to keep asking any questions you like ^^

Have another one for ya, that I cannot find answers for on google. I made my Support Partner thing.. but I didn't know it would be mega tiny lol. Are we able to delete and redo them? or pay AC to fully redo them (race/class/looks) ?