Ask a veteran ARKS!

@Taconight1977 If you want to do the side-cartwheel, you'll have to hold left or right while hitting the weapon action button.

There's also a ring that lets you do a forward stylish roll

@GM-Deynger said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Love this thread! Pinned it. Not sure what to do about the other pinned thread that had this same intention. >< Kry erytyme

The roll really has no real use besides looking neat. Though it can help with an enemy with fast close range attacks but usually rolling servers better overall

What is the best way to level 50-75? I'm assuming we won't have episode 5-6 off the bat so in turn we won't have that point gathering activity with rotating maps for EZ exp.

Tri boost and big mob events like mining base. Or any big EQ every few weeks

Do MAGs affect your damage output, reduction, and healing, or do they really just help you equip better armors and weapons? I've been cramming every 7+ star item I can find down my MAG's throat and I'm not seeing a huge difference in my healing yet.

@Gynaenaecology said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Do MAGs affect your damage output, reduction, and healing, or do they really just help you equip better armors and weapons? I've been cramming every 7+ star item I can find down my MAG's throat and I'm not seeing a huge difference in my healing yet.

The MAG affects damage output by increasing your characters stats by that amount. As for damage reduction you will need to feed Units or Furnitures to see any actual changes. TECH will increase your healing with PA's. If you just put every item into your mag then you won't see any notable changes. If you want notable changes choose one or two things to incrase on the mag and you will see the difference before long. If you try to put every stat increase on it. By the time it hits level 200 you will have stats all over the place and not even notice a change because of how you raised it.

@The-Question Yeah, I figured that much at least. I've focused on only giving it S-ATK and T-ATK since I play Phantom. I'm thinking about only focusing on T-ATK now however because the Leotina Certificate weapons do so much damage on their own at such a low stat equip requirement that it's probably not worth feeding it two kinds of items for anymore.

@Gynaenaecology If you play Phantom then why not do a DEX mag? Get an increase on MEL, RNG, and TECH.

What does DEX even do? I've never bothered with it lol

oh wait I can't read it would seem. Well, I'm too deep into it already so I'll just dump T-ATK in and hope for the best!

@Taconight1977 As @Lynn-F said, we're basically using the same client as far as that goes, on par with JP. Patches and all that appear to be the most recent. That said, the CBT was only roughly Year 3-4 material, if I understand correctly.

Everything else Lynn mentioned is absolutely spot on! Thanks a ton, Lynn!

@GamerKillance said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

What is the best way to level 50-75? I'm assuming we won't have episode 5-6 off the bat so in turn we won't have that point gathering activity with rotating maps for EZ exp.

Events, boosts, boost days, and keys. Even at level 90+, a key plus all the boosts can get you an entire level. Boost days are special days where all the exp is like 300%, and they're fairly frequent in PSO2JP. Also, keep your boosts up, and use your keys on PSO2 Day! PSO2 Day is the first of every month in JP, I hope that continues in the NA release!

Everyone has beaten me to every other question so far with GREAT answers. Veterans ARKS, yall doin a bang up job!!!

💯 💯 💯 😹

Can i use a stance in my main class and sub class same time? What is best with hunter for sub class fighter or etoile? Might have spelled it wrong.

@RETNEC-EKALB said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Can i use a stance in my main class and sub class same time? What is best with hunter for sub class fighter or etoile? Might have spelled it wrong.

For Hunter I would go with Etoile. Fighter isn't really the best sub class for most mains. Fighter itself is better off as a main for its limit break skill. As for stances a main class stance and a sub class stance can be active at the same time. It's one of the things that make something like taking double stance classes in combination so good.

That isn't to say don't subclass fighter. Just giving an objection opinion about it. I myself already have a Braver build for a future character that one of the sub classes will be fighter.

What is good sublclass with techer? I was thinking force but figure it could be to squishy.