Ask a veteran ARKS!

@SpookyOh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Have another one for ya, that I cannot find answers for on google. I made my Support Partner thing.. but I didn't know it would be mega tiny lol. Are we able to delete and redo them? or pay AC to fully redo them (race/class/looks) ?

According to my wife @Emorofl changes to your support partner can be done at the beauty salon. But being able to make from the ground up, I actually don't know. I've sort of always loved my tiny children and never tried to delete them XD

So if you figure this one out @SpookyOh please hit us back with an answer! 😸

Is AnNA recruiting?

I browsed the current selection of advertised alliances but I wasn't impressed/drawn to any. Reading through this thread I imagine your friends operate on similar wave lengths. If so, I'm hella interested. I usually end up soloing and helping people out. But with the depth of this game I'd really prefer to jump in with group of knowledgeable players who are more than happy to help bring people up to scratch. We can DM if you need to talk more or something. But I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling a pull so I figured I'd ask this part at least. 🙂

Appreciate your time. Thanks

Okay I have a legit question this time.

Where do I get all of the support techs for Techter? e.g. Shifta, Deband, Zondeel, etc.

I was able to get Resta and Anti during CBT but this site says you can get Shifta and Deband from Apo Dorios which I have not seen (apparently it's in a higher level EQ/UQ?) and Zondeel from Tranmizer which I did happen to find but didn't drop Zondeel. And the Disk Shop didn't have then either. But I saw people during CBT that had them.

Overall, I still need Shifta, Deband, Zondeel, and Zanverse. Thanks!

@Sylus Apos is a while later, yeah. For now, you can at least find Shifta and Deband in red boxes (like, the boxes you find in the free fields that are usually green or yellow/orange-ish, sometimes you'll find a red one). I wound up running around floating continent for a while to find Shifta, and stumbled into Deband during an AQ.

I didn't wind up having the time to hunt for Zanverse or Zondeel, but both SHOULD drop from rare enemies that you'll need to be playing in VH+ to encounter (but others, please feel to correct me if I'm wrong on anything below)

Zondeel should drop from a rare version of a Tranmizer

Zanverse should drop from a falspawn that the fan translation called Bal Blundarl, which you can find in the coast. Should also be able to find them in the quarry (fan translation name, I think the official NA name is something like mining facility? sorry, my head was too buried in the forest lol)

On the JP version, they have an excube exchange that lets you trade 20 excubes for any max level technicue or photon art, but I'm not sure how long it'll be before we get that.

@Karma Thank you very much! I will have to remember to come back to this post once OBT starts. I feel kinda useless as a level 33 Techter without support skills. It felt like I was missing half of my job.

@OhDooley2058 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Is AnNA recruiting?

I browsed the current selection of advertised alliances but I wasn't impressed/drawn to any. Reading through this thread I imagine your friends operate on similar wave lengths. If so, I'm hella interested. I usually end up soloing and helping people out. But with the depth of this game I'd really prefer to jump in with group of knowledgeable players who are more than happy to help bring people up to scratch. We can DM if you need to talk more or something. But I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling a pull so I figured I'd ask this part at least. 🙂

Appreciate your time. Thanks

@OhDooley2058

AnNA Systems is always looking for players! I'll message you 🙂

@Sylus said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Okay I have a legit question this time.

Where do I get all of the support techs for Techter? e.g. Shifta, Deband, Zondeel, etc.

I was able to get Resta and Anti during CBT but this site says you can get Shifta and Deband from Apo Dorios which I have not seen (apparently it's in a higher level EQ/UQ?) and Zondeel from Tranmizer which I did happen to find but didn't drop Zondeel. And the Disk Shop didn't have then either. But I saw people during CBT that had them.

Overall, I still need Shifta, Deband, Zondeel, and Zanverse. Thanks!

@Sylus

You can get most of them from drops. Shifta and Deband are just a little more uncommon. But they're all drops.

and yes as @Karma said, you can also buy some for Excubes in the shops. Excubes become really easy to get later in game, because you can trade 10 star weapons for one excube each.

[Also, a techer without support is not useless. Techer as a sword user [wand] does some serious damage. Its actually fairly common to see techers built specifically for DPS]

@ everyone reading -- IF YOU WANNA JOIN AnNA Systems, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, WE'RE ALWAYS RECRUITING!

@MachineQueen Okay maybe "useless" was a strong word, which I didn't mean to that extent. I really meant more of "half-baked", if that makes sense. I am building my Techter with a Hunter subclass, and I am already wand smacking to some crazy numbers. I have already been out-dpsing many other random parties I have been joining. I guess what I really meant though is that I am only half doing my job, because I am supposed to support as well but I can't find any disks for my support skills lol.

Actually yeah, do you think we'll be getting pso2es/idola over here in the west as well? Those two products do have functionality with PSO2, much more so with ES than Idola. I'd definitely be down for Idola coming to the west.

@Zexerous said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Actually yeah, do you think we'll be getting pso2es/idola over here in the west as well? Those two products do have functionality with PSO2, much more so with ES than Idola. I'd definitely be down for Idola coming to the west.

Hard to say about this, some items that were only obtainable in the mobile version are available in the main game... but who's to say what's coming? Only the PSO2 Team can do that!

@MachineQueen Please dont call Force or Techter (Techer Jp server) as magic class. There is a difference. The Character you play uses Photon not Magic. Its best to call them as Tech class.

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Magic

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Photon

@Sylus said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@MachineQueen Okay maybe "useless" was a strong word, which I didn't mean to that extent. I really meant more of "half-baked", if that makes sense. I am building my Techter with a Hunter subclass, and I am already wand smacking to some crazy numbers. I have already been out-dpsing many other random parties I have been joining. I guess what I really meant though is that I am only half doing my job, because I am supposed to support as well but I can't find any disks for my support skills lol.

@Sylus I'm a Techer/Hunter main. Even though I do INSIDIOUS damage, I also have the best buffs in the game! But yea, buffing is only half of that! Techer's real damage comes from smacking stuff with your sword, and matching element! Make sure to use element change!

@Zexerous said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Zexerous

I really hope we will. I've been playing both of those for a while, but Idola while not necessary, would just be good to have. I really want more available Phantasy Star content, since there's so many games that were just never brought to NA.

@ChainLis said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@MachineQueen Please dont call Force or Techter (Techer Jp server) as magic class. There is a difference. The Character you play uses Photon not Magic. Its best to call them as Tech class.

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Magic

https://phantasystar.fandom.com/wiki/Photon

@ChainLis I'm fully aware they're different. But from a player standpoint, its basically the same, so there's no real harm in swapping the terms, especially in jest as a sign of love. But thank you for your input 😼

Also the term space magic is super fun.

Another question! I have been watching tech videos and saw one called Ilgrants. I googled it and it says "SH Advance Quest: Skyscape" ? Is this the only way to get it? Guessing that is Super Hard Advance Quest and it very high level?

@SpookyOh To play a Super Hard Advance Quest your main Class needs to be Level 55 or higher.

There are several ways to obtain Illgrants (Irugrants).

• SH Advance Quest: Skyscape, indeed drops LV.17 Illgrants Tech Disks.
  • Excube Shop, you can trade in 20 Excubes for a Lv.17 Illgrants Tech Disk at the Excube Shop in the Shop Area.
  • Player Shops, if other players have it and are willing to sell it. (Al tough, it took years before players were able to buy/sell Disks above Lv.11 on PSO2JP. I am going to assume that the NA version allows it from day 1.)

And there is one more option, but it's rather temporarily unless you going to stick to this option forever. Some weapons have integrated TECHs or PAs on them. They allow you to use those TECHs or PAs as long as you have the weapon wielded. A Gunslash (Gunblade) named Queen Viera and a Rod named Fleuve Lyra have integrated Illgrants. (I sadly can't remember at which level integrated TECHs/PAs remain, but they aren't Lv.17 unless they got updated somewhere in time. If someone knows the exact level feel free to add it. Probably could search it up but meh.)

Queen Viera Queen Viera

Fleuve Lyra alt text

@Plazza7020 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

1. What is the most strong boss in PSO2?

In the JP version, there's a quest where players have to fight a certain "Episode 5" boss solo. That quest has levels, each time the player beats the boss, it unlocks the next level, starting from 1 all the way up to 999. In the 999th level, every hit of that boss does absurd amounts of damage (it pretty much can one hit KO with any hit, so the player must be perfect at dodging/guarding).