Ask a veteran ARKS!

Phew, so I've been seeing this thread continuing to gain traction and was pretty sure it was simple questions and answers related to gameplay. I was wrong. Pure gold in these comments that can be mined for feedback. Thanks guys!

@GM-Deynger Oh yea, there's feedback to be found just about everywhere.

Ok, this one's more forum-based than a game question but I'm not sure where else to ask: how does one acquire "reputation?" I've been working on a multi-weapon camo preview thread (since there isn't an option to preview these camos on other weapons in-game) and I'm trying to chug along as quickly as possible in uploading screenshots but I keep getting stopped with an alert saying new members must wait 45 seconds between posts until they have a reputation score of 3. Granted by the time I'm done with this current batch I'll have already finished uploading screenshots of every weapon type covered by every camo currently available in the Photon Booster shop but I'm sure more are coming at some point and I'd rather not have to spend hours posting the previews after already spending exponentially more time going through the whole process of swapping around weapons and camos, taking screen shots (and having to retake several of them because I forgot to turn the UI off again, uploading them to LIVE, finding them online, downloading them to my computer, and then finally coming here to post them one weapon at a time (since there seems to be a limit on how many images can be in a single post it's not possible to include the entire line-up of a single camo in one post). Having to wait 45 seconds between posts when uploading batches of dozens of shots slows the whole process to a crawl. I get it's there to stop trolls from creating new accounts just to spam the crap out of the forums, I'm not complaining about that. Just wondering how I establish myself as a forum member to get around that limitation. Or is that something only administrators/GMs are able to do?

Okay, I thought to post this here instead of making a new post for a silly question.

Does the skill tree pass (not reset) add 1 skill tree for 1 class? or does it add 1 for all classes? and if so how much AC does it cost?

I am waiting for PC, but I have a plan... if it gives one for each class instead of having to buy each one separately... to at least have 2 skill trees per class...

@KuroSona 1 Skill Tee to a class of your choice for 500AC per Tree.

Question about the incoming event. Does the event come with special missions, or is it all concerts/AC tickets? Trying to gauge if I should be excited or not.

@DezDarkly It is just Concerts and the AC Scratch, unless they create some kind of NA-exclusive Volcaloid-related Quest, which I find doubtful.

@AndrlCh thank you. I suppose I'll check out a concert.

@zaffy2005 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Ok, this one's more forum-based than a game question but I'm not sure where else to ask: how does one acquire "reputation?" I've been working on a multi-weapon camo preview thread (since there isn't an option to preview these camos on other weapons in-game) and I'm trying to chug along as quickly as possible in uploading screenshots but I keep getting stopped with an alert saying new members must wait 45 seconds between posts until they have a reputation score of 3. Granted by the time I'm done with this current batch I'll have already finished uploading screenshots of every weapon type covered by every camo currently available in the Photon Booster shop but I'm sure more are coming at some point and I'd rather not have to spend hours posting the previews after already spending exponentially more time going through the whole process of swapping around weapons and camos, taking screen shots (and having to retake several of them because I forgot to turn the UI off again, uploading them to LIVE, finding them online, downloading them to my computer, and then finally coming here to post them one weapon at a time (since there seems to be a limit on how many images can be in a single post it's not possible to include the entire line-up of a single camo in one post). Having to wait 45 seconds between posts when uploading batches of dozens of shots slows the whole process to a crawl. I get it's there to stop trolls from creating new accounts just to spam the crap out of the forums, I'm not complaining about that. Just wondering how I establish myself as a forum member to get around that limitation. Or is that something only administrators/GMs are able to do?

That would be for if we had the reputation system enabled (i.e. downvote/upvote) but we don't. Curious that it still gives that limitation though.

@GM-Deynger said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

That would be for if we had the reputation system enabled (i.e. downvote/upvote) but we don't. Curious that it still gives that limitation though.

Well it's probably better to hold it, it prevents spam from going out of hands... or maybe not? I'm not sure :D.

New player, tentative BO to Phantom question: Heard BO/TE is dead now, so wanted to prepare for Phantom. Heard that BO/BR is eh, should I still go BO/BR for the level 75 dex bonuses, or would it be best to go something more meta like BO/SUorHU for the durability bonuses?

@Nersius Bo/Br is really just not a good combo. Bo/Hu is the best choice for that mix of unconditional damage multipliers and survivability, while Bo/Su requires a bit more upkeep since you need to be applying Summoner's Mark to get the most damage out of it; I am personally a fan of Bo/Fi and Fi/Bo at the level we are at since you can easily proc the Chaser Skills with Jet Boots and get a very high Critical Rate, but it is squishier.

Though you do want to get all your classes to lv75 for the full Class Bonus bases stats (60HP, 10PP, 120 All-Pwr, 60 DEX, 90 All-Def), using a combo like Bo/Br in end-game UQ content is just not going to be an enjoyable experience.

@zaffy2005 I'm not sure on forum rep but you might want to look at this. There isn't a NA version yet but you might colab with them. Visiphone camo page

@AndrlCh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@Nersius Bo/Br is really just not a good combo. Bo/Hu is the best choice for that mix of unconditional damage multipliers and survivability, while Bo/Su requires a bit more upkeep since you need to be applying Summoner's Mark to get the most damage out of it; I am personally a fan of Bo/Fi and Fi/Bo at the level we are at since you can easily proc the Chaser Skills with Jet Boots and get a very high Critical Rate, but it is squishier.

Though you do want to get all your classes to lv75 for the full Class Bonus bases stats (60HP, 10PP, 120 All-Pwr, 60 DEX, 90 All-Def), using a combo like Bo/Br in end-game UQ content is just not going to be an enjoyable experience.

Just want to add TE/BO is big as the zondeel nerf isn't a thing yet.

@GM-Deynger Probably a default spam-guard with the option to enable a method of bypassing it for "established members."