Ask a veteran ARKS!

@VanillaLucia First, thank you for your detailed answer(and agreed on the tough boss fight sonic, altho its also fun AF :p), I learned about something that I wasn't even aware existed. There is a but coming, but its genuinely not meant to invalidate what I wrote right before this, this was very cool to learn. That said, bit of a misunderstanding here, mayhaps I didn't communicate it well enough.

I am talking about dialogue accessed via the interact button on the various NPC's in the hub area, non-cutscene dialogue. Say Echo next to the class counter, or Zeno next to the item lab, or Tia and Pati in the center of the shopping plaza. AFAIK they have some unique dialogue after specific story missions, and I was wondering if there was a transcript of those dialogues/blurbs ^^; because I tried completing a random story mission in Episode 1 for example but unfortunately they only say the end-of-episode 1 lines now, and not anything in between.

Its not a big loss if they are inaccessible/unrecorded, just would be a cool thing to access. Thankfully this ain't Trails in the Sky I s'pose!

@eclipsezeromh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@VanillaLucia First, thank you for your detailed answer(and agreed on the tough boss fight sonic, altho its also fun AF :p), I learned about something that I wasn't even aware existed. There is a but coming, but its genuinely not meant to invalidate what I wrote right before this, this was very cool to learn. That said, bit of a misunderstanding here, mayhaps I didn't communicate it well enough.

I am talking about dialogue accessed via the interact button on the various NPC's in the hub area, non-cutscene dialogue. Say Echo next to the class counter, or Zeno next to the item lab, or Tia and Pati in the center of the shopping plaza. AFAIK they have some unique dialogue after specific story missions, and I was wondering if there was a transcript of those dialogues/blurbs ^^; because I tried completing a random story mission in Episode 1 for example but unfortunately they only say the end-of-episode 1 lines now, and not anything in between.

Its not a big loss if they are inaccessible/unrecorded, just would be a cool thing to access. Thankfully this ain't Trails in the Sky I s'pose!

I'm pretty sure it has to be one of those specific story missions. Or at least one that changes the state of the lobby.

@eclipsezeromh You can change the lobby "by episode," and that will not only change who is in the lobby but also their dialogue based on that episode (this is the only way to get certain NPCs, like Theodore, to appear in the lobby so you can collect affinity gifts for taking them along on missions) but you won't get the individual mission-by-mission interim dialogue, unfortunately.

RIP, thanks for clearing that up! Been unable to track down a transcript of those as well. Will try searching again at some point, maybe I missed something, welp.

Since Eternal Encore (X'mas Ver.) Is the only Quna song we have available for Personal/Alliance Quarters, is it supposed to change if we play the gane with japanese or english voices?

I have mostly played with japanese voices so I've always heard the japanese version of the song, but recently going through to my jukebox list I noticed that it played the english version instead. Changing language and voice settings still plays the eng ver. Idk if it's a bug or if my memory is failing and it has always played that version.

If the game is in English it plays in English.

The disk might have two tracks, have it playing, then check the jukebox menus to see if it has a tune function for that music.

You can't change the tune for Eternal Encore sadly, that would probably be better than having to change your voice settings. I changed everything to japanese, text, voices, language, and it just doesn't work. It's still the English version of the song.

The song changed with NGS launch, I play with JP voice and had Encore playing. When I went back after NGS launch it ha changed to EN only. This, the control changes and the Lookkbook changes are why I'm mostly ignoring OG PSO2.

I sent a ticket regarding the non-compliance of the language setting for the X-Mas Eternal Encore playback during the first week of NGS. Also posted about it in one of the sub forums here but it understandably got buried under the disconnection issues that were plaguing it at the time. If anyone experiencing this problem would you please submit a ticket as well if you haven't. I doubt it will receive much importance, but the more voices heard the better the chance they'll acknowledge it is a problem.

I don't have too many other dual audio discs to check, but I can confirm that Burning Rangers does honor my language settings. So it's not a baked-in language track like the PSO2COMI videos we had earlier.

What exactly is the specialization of the Carina Mag?

@sonic65101 Carina is an evolution obtained by getting a TEC Mag at Level 30 to get Lepus and then changing it to MEL damage later (by adding MEL support) so you evolve at Level 100 to get Carina.

Carina grants you both Lepus' "PP Recovery J" Trigger Action and the "Ability Up H" Trigger Action.

From the following descriptions I can find:

• PP Recovery J: Aids PP recovery for a brief duration at short, regular intervals.
  • Ability Up H: Gives a moderate chance to boost stats during Emergency Trials, with a moderate cooldown.

I don't know of the exact numbers but these are the two Trigger skills you will get that cannot be learned anywhere other than correctly raising your Mag as intended.

lol ok veretan arks yea sure

@Blaine-Blaster Are you lolling at the veteran Arks that played JP for 8 years or the Global vets that have played for 1+ year and NGS since launch? This is the PSO2 forums, not the NGS forum.

Quick question, has the Premium grace period been removed from Salon passes? I know it works for the color change passes, but I ended up spending 2 passes to edit and then re-edit my character after I spotted a mistake. The time between salon visits was barely less than a minute and my premium set is still active.

I should mention this was done in base PSO2. I have not spent any of my N-Salon passes yet to see if this is the same.

I rarely use my passes, but after discovering that I can have multiple unique body physiques on a single character after desyncing the oldtype-NGS-type and cast bodies (up to 8 I think?), I thought I'd give it a shot.

I do have plenty of passes so it's not a big deal, but it does worry me that a premium benefit is potentially not working.