Ask a veteran ARKS!

@RainGnyu said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

How long is maintenance?

Says about 6 hours

Is Fixa Termina broken or bugged?

Is Fixa Termina broken or bugged?

And what does this maintenance involve?

@RainGnyu Fixa Termina, the "Critical Damage" boost skill, is broken. Instead of boosting critical damage it incorrectly boosts potency.

@VanillaLucia said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@RainGnyu Fixa Termina, the "Critical Damage" boost skill, is broken. Instead of boosting critical damage it incorrectly boosts potency.

Because it was broken did people have an advantage or disadvantage?

Which is better?

@RainGnyu You typically want the Potency boosts or the Critical Rate boosts.

Base Critical Rate is about 5% if I recall correctly and only few weapons/potentials can boost that outside of the Fixa abilities. Potency boosts both your potency floor and your damage ceiling (you have a damage variance of 75-100%) which means you do more damage. Potency Floor, however, will raise your lowest damage so you get a better average (though critical hits will always hit at 100% with an additional 20% before it factors in critical damage bonuses).

Because it is currently broken, Fixa Termina is very powerful and overpowered if you have a high value. However, you can anticipate this will be fixed and corrected at some point if not in this current maintenance.

@VanillaLucia said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@RainGnyu You typically want the Potency boosts or the Critical Rate boosts.

Base Critical Rate is about 5% if I recall correctly and only few weapons/potentials can boost that outside of the Fixa abilities. Potency boosts both your potency floor and your damage ceiling (you have a damage variance of 75-100%) which means you do more damage. Potency Floor, however, will raise your lowest damage so you get a better average (though critical hits will always hit at 100% with an additional 20% before it factors in critical damage bonuses).

Because it is currently broken, Fixa Termina is very powerful and overpowered if you have a high value. However, you can anticipate this will be fixed and corrected at some point if not in this current maintenance.

Thank you! Now I see why Mastery III is so difficult to obtain and why these Geant units have glass canons spects.

What is the difference between setwear and basewear?

Setwear cannot be paired with outerwear for whenever they decide to release any NGS outerwear.

Base PSO2 story/wiki question:

1. Is there any way to access previous story dialogues(in the hub) that all relevant characters such as Zeno/Echo may have had at previous progression points? Such as say, story dialogue on the ship after [spoiler]the first time fighting Dark Falz Elder(arms) and their get together on the platform or even after fighting Zeshiraider and talking to Maria the first time[/spoiler] or any other such events. Would a replay of the relevant mission cause these dialogues to show up again?

2. Alternatively, is there some place where all these hub story dialogues are written up? I tried chechking phantasystar.fandom but they only seem to have in-quest write-ups, and that's unneeded(for me) since I am replaying the entire thing properly for the first time anyways.

@eclipsezeromh To address some of your points:

1. When you go to view a story quest you can select the drop-down bar at the top to see even quests you have already cleared so you can revisit substories, cutscenes, and quests where you fight enemies in.

2. Unfortunately, I do not know if anyone has ever fully recorded a translated version of the story scenes you are mentioning. There is a great deal of exposition between Episodes 1-3 that were added over time as Matterboard/Divergence Matrix updates that required the player time-traveling (such as Afin mentioning he can't remember his "first day" well due to the fact that the player was there at at least three separate adventures time-traveling). After Episode 4, this story was significantly crunched-down on and many characters were cut from the story (all those NPC's you see standing around were involved at some point in the story) and Episode 5 later completely condensed this story into a retconned and streamlined version that you can simply plow through. If you were present during any point on the Japanese version before this retcon happened, most of those scenes (but not all of them) were put into a clean timeline in your "My Room" (Personal Quarters) as part of the Event Chronicle. I was considering at some point potentially going through and playing the Japanese version again just to record these scenes to put them up considering how very few people have actually put up these scenes online or how they aren't very well-documented (and that on top of it it is a huge amount of world-building that is lost).

@eclipsezeromh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Base PSO2 story/wiki question:

1. Is there any way to access previous story dialogues(in the hub) that all relevant characters such as Zeno/Echo may have had at previous progression points? Such as say, story dialogue on the ship after [spoiler]the first time fighting Dark Falz Elder(arms) and their get together on the platform or even after fighting Zeshiraider and talking to Maria the first time[/spoiler] or any other such events. Would a replay of the relevant mission cause these dialogues to show up again?

2. Alternatively, is there some place where all these hub story dialogues are written up? I tried chechking phantasystar.fandom but they only seem to have in-quest write-ups, and that's unneeded(for me) since I am replaying the entire thing properly for the first time anyways.

To add on to what VanillaLucia said, it does require completing all stories in that episode, which unfortunately for Episode IV includes that optional supertough boss fight.

Do Mag Color Change Passes work on NGS Mags?

Right now we are stuck with the default NGS Mag, and it takes on the main color of your outfits/CAST parts.

They do plan to allow us to have our Mag forms again, so maybe even the color pass might work then.

@LazerRay said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

Right now we are stuck with the default NGS Mag, and it takes on the main color of your outfits/CAST parts.

They do plan to allow us to have our Mag forms again, so maybe even the color pass might work then.

Really not cool.........eaa85cc0-0ce3-4b90-a264-5dfcc163c771-image.jpeg https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQABNhfUDYHEUAl3pwJ-VF-3WiNvQJCrTHdJA&usqp=CAU