Ask a veteran ARKS!

@MasterDarkwingz Depending on your class and your equipment this fight can be made much less painful. I do not recall this particular fight being too tricky for me but it was definitely one where you can perform full phase-skips on if you were in the right position and had the right attacks prepared. The quickest thing I would suggest would be to look up Japanese versions of the fight on YouTube because we're beyond the need for Union Boosters now and watching a video of how other players handle the fight can hopefully give you ideas of what to do on your end or what to implement.

@MasterDarkwingz The only source of union boosters is the solo Profound Darkness UQ (Barren Blossom, Butcher of Light). So you have to do it if you want the boosters. Still as VanillaLucia said, I don't think we particularly need Union weapons/units given the EP6 gears available now. The only use I can think of is to use them as weapon transmutation hosts, maybe?

Anyway, if you really do want to challenge the solo UQ, there are a couple of threads about that UQ with detailed discussions, I remember. A good deal of difficulties found in the quest can be coped with if you know how, making it less painful. After all, a low-skilled ARKS like I could s-rank the quest with preparations and practice 😄

I kind of need it upgraded because it's all I have to work with, and the PP drain is equally painful as attempting not to die to the red waves and clown bumper cars.

what's the best way to farm advance capsules for photon booster farming? I spent 50 Adv A caps on a very hard quest and got like, 10-12 B's in turn. Do Adv D-E-F drop at higher rates due to higher difficulty?

EDIT: While I am at it, what's the best use for extreme quests? What can one farm or do with them, or is it just something to do for titles?

@eclipsezeromh The Ruins & Oceanids Extreme can be used to farm meseta, other than that a couple of them are required to qualify for Expert Matching if we get it.

@eclipsezeromh I do not recommend farming Advance Quests alone because the enemy spawns scale with the number of players (so you want four players for maximum carnage and the highest chance to drop Photon Boosters) as well as to sustain PSE Bursts to continue spawns. By having a +50 Threat Level and a full party of players (AI Partners do not count as full allies) you will be able to rake in more capsules for the next area (A capsule missions drop B capsules, so you want to cycle maps) as long as you can sustain a PSE Burst and optimally kill quickly and stay with your party. Splitting up is a very bad idea in these quests because the enemy spawns are limited so if you head in one direction and your party heads in the other the spawns can get split or even completely skipped which means less enemies and therefore less rewards.

D, E, and F capsules to my knowledge drop at the exact same rates as A, B, and C capsules but are generally "harder" because the cost of entry is more expensive and because the enemies are slightly tankier. One of the fastest ways you can collect these capsules is to exchange your Alliance Points for them or to use your Buster Medals to exchange for Advance Capsules.

Most Extreme Quests were meant to be "challenges" but has since been trivialized by our powercreep. I run some (such as Ruins & Oceanids 35-40) for Meseta as it is very fast and also grants me about 150,000-250,000 Meseta per run. You can also use these to clear Daily Client Orders for fighting a variety of enemies as these tend to be predictable (such as finding Bar Lodos on Ruins & Oceanids 11-15). Some of the later ones give you access to creating the "Valor Emblem" rings which provide a 10% critical chance, 1% damage boost, and a 3% damage reduction which is nice for a Fighter as they cannot use the Critical Strike (R) ring (due to it being a skill in their skill tree). In the Japanese version there is a new Extreme Quest that scales upwards with your performance (and can be done in a team) where you are given very good rewards, augments, and potentially Buster Medals as well as rewards. This is definitely one you do not want to pass up on for jumping into the end-game for gearing up.

How does one earn Costumes?

@KOSMOSFAN22497 What kind, are you asking about Outfits and Layering Wear?

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 What kind, are you asking about Outfits and Layering Wear?

Yes.

@KOSMOSFAN22497 There is a shop that sells various versions of the starter Outfits in the Shopping Plaza, some can be acqired through Mission Pass with a Gold ticket purchased with SG and some in the Mission Badge Swap Shop. Other Outfits and all Layering Wear come from AC Scratches, you either play the Scratch or buy them from Player Shops.

@VanillaLucia Thank you, this is really helpful. Gonna try and gather parties from now on then. Also thank you for the EQ heads up, gonna keep an eye out for it.

on earning 150k/200k - is that with meseta drop rates up only or can we get 100K+ regardless after certain stages? I did upto stage 10 and got some meseta but nowhere near what you mentioned AFAIK. If so, where would I get meseta drop rate up items?

@Kodiakmax-101 thank you for the heads up on the expert matching and for plugging ruins/oceanids as well.

@eclipsezeromh said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@VanillaLucia Thank you, this is really helpful. Gonna try and gather parties from now on then. Also thank you for the EQ heads up, gonna keep an eye out for it.

on earning 150k/200k - is that with meseta drop rates up only or can we get 100K+ regardless after certain stages? I did upto stage 10 and got some meseta but nowhere near what you mentioned AFAIK. If so, where would I get meseta drop rate up items?

1. I find the best stage is stage 46. I nearly always get a stage order that's kill 99 enemies in 99 seconds. That one drops a ton of meseta.

2. You can get a lot of meseta from the Ruins and Oceanids extreme quest with the right stage but your looking more at 50k - 90k which really isn't worth it.

3. You can easily get meseta boosters via triboosts. Just playing the game and doing your dailies should give you a plethora of them. When I say playing the game I mean check your title rewards and do those newbie "main missions" I recommend always having one active. Even a 50% triboost with the right stage can net you 100k or close to it.

4. If you are a member of an alliance your alliance tree buff for increased meseta drops is nice to have as well. If you are not a member of an alliance I recommend joining one. Also if you do the extreme quest in a party of four you'll get the same effect as a 40% triboost.

@Kodiakmax-101 said in Ask a veteran ARKS!:

@KOSMOSFAN22497 There is a shop that sells various versions of the starter Outfits in the Shopping Plaza, some can be acqired through Mission Pass with a Gold ticket purchased with SG and some in the Mission Badge Swap Shop. Other Outfits and all Layering Wear come from AC Scratches, you either play the Scratch or buy them from Player Shops.

Thanks For that I'll be sure to check out the shops and save SG.

@eclipsezeromh Vanilla and Vexation gave some great advice and I'll try to piggyback on that.

• Echoing others, the higher stages of Ruins and Oceanids (starting at floors 36-40) is where you'll get the most efficient meseta farming. In addition to the floors already suggested, I've also seen 56-60 recommended in the past. However, don't ever do 66-70 as the floors only go up to 70 and once you hit that the EQ will reset and you'll have to start at floor 1 again.

• I believe the 150+k estimates are from running all available boosters and selling all the grinders, synthesizers, etc. you earn from the item vault to an NPC.

• You can receive 50% meseta boosters from FUN scratch tickets

• You can re-roll the highest non-Premium Guts drink until you get a meseta boosting effect (it's the drink that costs alil over 1k meseta)

• While Triboosts will help, from my understanding of the way drops are rolled, you do NOT want to run a 250% RDR booster as higher RDR results in more item drops as opposed to meseta.

• Using a weapon affixed with Meseta Fever 1, 2, or 3 grants a 5%, 10%, or 15% meseta droprate boost respectively. I also feel like I've seen another augment that increased meseta, but can't find it via Google atm. It might've been tied to a specific weapon similar to how I've only ever seen the Temptation augment on an Umbra Cane, but it also might be a figment of my imagination, haha.

Thanks for the elaboration! ❤ this helped immensely. Doing better meseta wise now!