Game CRASH RANDOMLY every now and then

As the title says, the game crash every now and then.

• no error
  • no sound
  • no pop up
  • no weird glitch

it literally close, as if I pressed Alt F4. It occurs every 20-30mins or so.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's happening on my PC and my Laptop, on 2 different account.

yeah I've been getting dc'd a lot.

@ZefBoi said in Game CRASH RANDOMLY every now and then:

yeah I've been getting dc'd a lot.

It's extremely frustrating... you crash mid expedition and you have to keep restarting it.

@ruruicu oh you're lucky. I crashed during character creation at least 6 times having to start over each time. Then 5 more times trying to run the tutorial. Was met with unplayable FPS drops in the main lobby. I had to log off. The game is unplayable for me until these issues get resolved.

I haven't gotten to do an expedition yet.

I have this same issue, I'm thinking it's related to Game Guard, but nothing I do will work. I barely have anything running on my PC and GG doesn't say anything on crash. It does, sometimes, ask me to send a bug report on restarting the game. The games just gets sucked into the abyss with no explanation, nothing in event viewer either. This has happened to me across 2 computers, both with RTX hardware.

@Fresco4802

Hmm I also ended up blaming Game Guard.. it seems like people who played in Japan experienced a similar issue with it. I also have a common ground with you, both computer I tried also have RTX: 2060 and 2060SUPER.

@ruruicu I noticed that in my crash log there's an nVidia Control Panel crash right before the PSO crash every time. I'm going to test with a GTX machine now.

Edit: Tried it on a GTX laptop and it still did the same thing, the issue this time was RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 on pso2.exe.

This machine doesn't have AVAST on it and wasn't used for months until today. I did all updates. Maybe there's a problematic update here, idk. Either way, I tried uninstalling nVidia Control Panel, and toggling settings (SLI, GSync, etc.) and using both my desktop and laptops to troubleshoot. 3 diff machines ,same issue, while my brother is on an older DDR3 mobo with no issues.

@Fresco4802 This is absolutely frustrating.... also thank you for the beautiful insight and attempt, it's kinda demoralizing that it ended up not working still... my other friend who does not have a RTX have no issue as well.

Yeah I also have this issue even the patcher will randomly crash for me when it tries to update

Seems this is a issue that transcends hardware configurations because both my AMD Desktop and my Intel/Nvidia Laptop crash every 20-30 minutes or so. (And the Laptop has a fresh install of Windows 10 on it.)

Specs of the Desktop : Ryzen 7 2700X , ASRock B450 Steel Legend , 16GB of 3200MHz DDR4 , Radeon RX 5700 , 250GB SSD (For OS) , 1TB SSD (For games played often) , 2TB HDD (For games played but not as often) ,

Laptop Specs : MSI GP60 2PE Leopard , Intel i7- 4710HQ , 12GB of 1600MHz DDR3 , Nvidia 840M , 64GB SSD (for OS) , 1TB HDD (For games)

Both configurations crash at about the same time , though the Laptop goes a bit longer before doing so.

OK, so I fixed it! You have to make exceptions in your antivirus for multiple folder related to the application and multiple exes. I'm sure the folder would do it, but I just had to take the extra measures.

You need "X:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps" and "X:\WindowsApps". Make file level exceptions for every PSO2.exe you can find between those folders, I use a separate drive for games, so it wasn't much there for me. I'm not sure how it looks for people who only have one drive.

I've done this in Avast on one machine and Windows Defender on another. Fixed on both machines.

Let me add my voice to this post.

I have random crashes. 2-3 times happened when I was lat-tabbed, but at least 2 happened in game.

I got this error:

Faulting application name: pso2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ecbe8f6
Faulting module name: pso2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ecbe8f6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000002a34126
Faulting process id: 0x21e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6351bebdbfa5c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2.exe
Report Id: 4e9d16cf-cf9d-4be5-943c-2314c28e6a1a
Faulting package full name: 100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j
Faulting package-relative application ID: Game

@Fresco4802 said in Game CRASH RANDOMLY every now and then:

OK, so I fixed it! You have to make exceptions in your antivirus for multiple folder related to the application and multiple exes. I'm sure the folder would do it, but I just had to take the extra measures.

You need "X:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps" and "X:\WindowsApps". Make file level exceptions for every PSO2.exe you can find between those folders, I use a separate drive for games, so it wasn't much there for me. I'm not sure how it looks for people who only have one drive.

I've done this in Avast on one machine and Windows Defender on another. Fixed on both machines.

Hmm I will have to look into this.

@Fresco4802 I already have PSO and all its client on Allowed Exception on Windows Defender / Firewall

I re downloaded the game and its still crashing religiously every 20-30 minutes.