Can't join or invite my husband to party?

We just started playing together, We can't seem to invite each other to parties but can invite other people???? Am I not doing something? Or missing some sort of pre-requisite?

I have the same problem, me and my girlfriend play with 2 pc next to eachother, we are on the same ship and same block, we can invite eachother, but we dont have the invite appear for eachother, we can invite other friends that are not on the same network, please help us play together

So, as someone playing with my husband, I've actually had no problem inviting him... So I can at least promise it's possible.

Are you sure you're on the same block when you're both playing? I'd also try possibly moving nearby/in the same area if you haven't yet.

yeah we are in the same block, and we can see eachother, but we dont see eachother invites or whispers

I'm having the same issue with inviting my wife. We are on the same block and it says that she is blacklisted and can't invite.

On XBOX Live, you need to make sure neither of you have the other muted or they are automatically blacklisted. It is the same on XBOX One and PC.

@Ragnawind Mute as in chat mute? on Xbox? or do you mean the block?

@Ragnawind how can i check this mute thing from PC? we literally downloaded the games yesterday and never did anything on xbox, like my girlfriend is actually not getting invites and whisp aswell from other ppl

My friend and I had this issue as well (Pc player & Xbox player) and found a workaround.

The one who wants to be party lead start a mission and either make it password protected to join or be in the same alliance and have it alliance only or be friends and friends only, go to the gateway ship, wait for them to do a party search from quest counter and join the party. As long as you don’t click end party or go to an area where parties are not allowed (personal quarters and alliance hq) you stay in a party together.

I’m pretty sure it’s a bad glitch in the party system but this does work. We ran for hours together. Alliance helps because you can port to each other’s blocks from the alliance members list so that makes it easier if you can not add them as friends.

Just as a follow-up, are you adding through the nearby menu or the friends list? I've always done so through the latter.

I'm also having this issue with friends. My xboxlive account is six months old and i don't own an xbox but we double-checked that we weren't muted and blocked and still can't whisper or invite each other. We were on same block, standing in front of each other and friends in game but still couldn't group.

@TechnoSpiceOG do the truck I put above. We were having that same issue. My friend never saw the invites but it was just waiting a bit before cancelling them.

@Princesse-Jen we tried everything. Adding to friends list, adding to party from alliance. Them inviting me and me inviting them. The system just isn’t popping invites across platforms correctly, but you can join a crossplatform party via the gate ship mission party creation option.

@ArrivingPoppy63 said in Can't join or invite my husband to party?:

My friend and I had this issue as well (Pc player & Xbox player) and found a workaround.

The one who wants to be party lead start a mission and either make it password protected to join or be in the same alliance and have it alliance only or be friends and friends only, go to the gateway ship, wait for them to do a party search from quest counter and join the party. As long as you don’t click end party or go to an area where parties are not allowed (personal quarters and alliance hq) you stay in a party together.

I’m pretty sure it’s a bad glitch in the party system but this does work. We ran for hours together. Alliance helps because you can port to each other’s blocks from the alliance members list so that makes it easier if you can not add them as friends.

^this worked, thanks! I can play with my wife now. I hope they fix this glitch soon though

@Lord-Preyben glad it helped. We spent a good 2 hours doing everything to find this one fix.