How viable are hybrids? I want to make a spellsword or battlemage type of character if possible.

Topic saids it all, it is my favorite playstyle thank you.

Bouncer for spellsword (soaring blades). Techter for battlemage (wands).

@Tachaerus A bouncer is more tech based then magic based right? So what sub blass with techter? Thanks.

@Zorian7 A Bouncer is more melee based, but combines spells (techs) with PAs. Your Jet Boots, for instance, can change elements on the fly by charging up a tech and hitting a monster with it. This lets you shift your elemental damage to the enemy's weakness without having to bring a whole palette of weapons.

A Techter is a support class with melee capabilities. Similar to Bouncer, you can charge up an element and fling it at an enemy to apply elemental damage to your wand. (Suggest getting the Wand E. Charge or Alternate Wand E. Charge ring for this.)

Currently, subbing Hunter is most effective for both of these classes. I can get around 3400 melee power on my Te/Hu at 75 with Alliance buff, Shifta, and Shifta drink, and I have no special affixes or anything.

I suggest sticking with a meta build. If not you'll be a leech when higher content releases

@redPG So these class combos are tested in end game content and proven to not be viable? The reviews said the diveristy is far wider here then other mmos.

@Tachaerus Thank you, I was looking at the skills and there seems to be hardly any magic looking abilities, so I am thinking I will go for thecter.

@Zorian7 said in How viable are hybrids? I want to make a spellsword or battlemage type of character if possible.:

@redPG So these class combos are tested in end game content and proven to not be viable? The reviews said the diveristy is far wider here then other mmos.

The way things are currently you can play whatever but once XH/UH releases if you are playing a bad subclass you'll do low damage and get one shotted.

@redPG Ok? That does not mean the class combos suggested here are not just as viable?

@Zorian7 said in How viable are hybrids? I want to make a spellsword or battlemage type of character if possible.:

@redPG Ok? That does not mean the class combos suggested here are not just as viable?

Tell me what combo you wanted to try and I'll give you a proper answer didn't read through the thread.

@Zorian7 No they still are. I actually really like playing Hunter/Bouncer. It is actually very fun and is what you are looking for. As for the phantom, a lot of the pre reqs, require level 75 and phantom is not coming for some time.

@redPG Read through the thread. Will take you all of sixty seconds.

Te/Hu is very much viable. The alternative requires Phantom, which we don't even have yet.

@redPG They suggested bouncer/hunter or thechter/hunter

@ERICK001BC So hunter as a primary?

@Tachaerus said in How viable are hybrids? I want to make a spellsword or battlemage type of character if possible.:

@redPG Read through the thread. Will take you all of sixty seconds.

Te/Hu is very much viable. The alternative requires Phantom, which we don't even have yet.

Te/Hu isn't a hybrid so there's nothing wrong with that that's a standard combo obviously