FPS drops even on min graphics with a decent computer. Help?

I'm getting horrible FPS drops in the main lobby to the point of the game being unplayable. I've tried dropping the graphics to min and still so laggy that I can't even navigate around the ship without constant stutters.

This is the computer I'm playing on: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/alienware-m17-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2070-max-q-512gb-solid-state-drive-lunar-light/6358915.p?skuId=6358915

I know the servers are populated right now but I would think it would be able to run a game from 2012 even with the extra character models especially on min graphics. Is anyone else having similar issues or is this something to do with my computer? I've seen people streaming the game without issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this?

This is a widespread issue unrelated to PC specs. The streamers might be on Xbox. Issue does not affect consoles.

@Tachaerus Thank you. It's relieving to here it's not due to my PC, that's the information I was looking for.