Is my Launcher supposed to be in Japanese???? O_o

I can play the game find and dandy and all in the NA servers...but after my last PC update my Launcher became Nipponized!!!! 🇯🇵 🎌 🇯🇵

1a747bf2-fa72-4029-ae40-71142281483a-image.png

That's not supposed to happen right...? 😧

Its not game-breaking or anything but its hard to change my settings if I can't read the text.

Is there any other solution other than losing my remaining years on Japanese Language courses? 😲

(I already tried changing my region to EU then back to NA, didn't work)

Once the download finished was in-game in English or Japanese?

Fixed it!! (At least for me).

Go to your Documents, Sega, Remove everything here. Relaunch the launcher, enjoy the English!

I think this happened because I tried the install method that didn't need Microsoft Store >.> (Download the Jap Launcher seperatly and try to trick it to do NA)

na does not work for me... -_-

There is a file in your Program Files\ModifiableWindows Apps/pso2_bin folder called edition.txt. Change the value in there to NA and it will redownload the patcher in english.

Thx, problem solved.

@Ragnawind said in Is my Launcher supposed to be in Japanese???? O_o:

There is a file in your Program Files\ModifiableWindows Apps/pso2_bin folder called edition.txt. Change the value in there to NA and it will redownload the patcher in english.

I tried to do this but the file won't let me save after editing the text in the .txt file.

@HazenXIII said in Is my Launcher supposed to be in Japanese???? O_o:

I tried to do this but the file won't let me save after editing the text in the .txt file.

You need to take ownership of the file, then.

@Ragnawind Did that, but then nothing happened at all when I tried to start the game, so I restarted my computer, and when I logged back in, the game deleted itself. 10/10 best launch.

@HazenXIII said in Is my Launcher supposed to be in Japanese???? O_o:

You need to take ownership of the file, then.

I tried that, but only "TrustedInstaller" has full control access to the files, and I can't change my own permissions. Is there some way to brute force it that won't cause issues?

Same problem here , but the edition.txt is already in na.

Sin título.png

Ah. You need to reset the permissions on pso2updater.exe it can't read it.