I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it

@BoltonSquad said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

@Rzarcasm said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

@BoltonSquad said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

@SeschatVatarre said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

Also look in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup

I had 259GB in there, still trying to remove it now 😞

I tried to delete the whole folder for the game, it backfired and broke it in the Windows Store. I had to reset my PC to get the game working again.

That's exactly what I'm doing, I have another HDD in my PC so will install on there if all else fails, definitely not going to format.

BEST of luck to you!

Hello everyone. I apologize for the issues you've been experiencing since the PC release. I am humbly asking for your patience to give us more time as we do our best to fix these issues.

This game has taken up over 200gb of space from my SSD after several re-installs...I did not notice this until I got an alert that I was out of space on my SSD....

@GM-Bleed How were these obviously common issues not caught on the beta... Oh, wait.

@Talamis1 said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

This game has taken up over 200gb of space from my SSD after several re-installs...I did not notice this until I got an alert that I was out of space on my SSD....

Hmm, that seems like a lot, but be aware that there are 2 installations. There is the Win10 "shell" which launches the PSO2 client app proper. The actual game app then needs to download additional files. Remember this is more MMO than static game so space it takes will increase over time as it expands w/ the content from the JPN version.

That said, 200 seems like an aweful lot. I will recheck how much it is taking on mine, but thought it should only be around 80GB

Guys be careful this really fucked me today had no problem till today with launcher I left tit then tried loads of things nothing worked it just made things worse so I just reset my pc. Its Sunday so we wont hear much but I'm sure they will do something this is mad

@Daigoji-Gai said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

@Talamis1 said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

Hmm, that seems like a lot, but be aware that there are 2 installations. There is the Win10 "shell" which launches the PSO2 client app proper. The actual game app then needs to download additional files. Remember this is more MMO than static game so space it takes will increase over time as it expands w/ the content from the JPN version.

That said, 200 seems like an aweful lot. I will recheck how much it is taking on mine, but thought it should only be around 80GB

It took 259GB on mine, took me hours to finally get rid of it all and re-install.

Same here, been through almost every problem on these boards after having no problem at all playing for 5 days! Now attempting to clean the files off my ssd. I have no confidence in this release at the moment, which is a shame as it played great for those first days.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot... Is it possible that the issue would be circumvented by verifying my pc through Microsoft? Because I just went through hell after buying Minecraft Dungeons just now, and the store system either told me I had nothing connected to install. Or just outright disconnected on reset. Which if I remember correctly, is what causes the store to delete the launcher files.

BUT ONLY delete the >Content of the: "Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable" Folder or you will never be able to reinstall.

the empty folder must exist.

The only solution i found to fixing this problem is reformatting your SSD or HDD. Yes this is a shitty option but it works. I wouldn't install it again until these issues are fixed by developers whatever year that might be.

Yep, just had to deal with a bunch of permissions issues with the installation folders to be able to delete everything. Uninstall through add/remove programs didn't work, deleting game folders in file explorer and in elevated cmd didn't work until I went one by one through the folder system giving security permissions to my user level (which is already admin but for some reason I can't delete my own folders). Thanks Microsoft. I guess I'm not playing the game until someone figures out how to properly update this game. Microsoft store is trash.

@GM-Bleed Same issues as everyone else here and no fix... something would be nice... sooner then later

I have the same error (nr.104) but i know my problem. In the windows store i changed the install path to my game drive (D) because thats the place with the most free space (my SSD is too small for that game). Now the update trys to put all files on my C drive but there is no space. I cant make space for that because the SSD has just 50GB left and all on it needs to be there. How can i change that now? Its a stupid update system btw. if you change the install patch in the store.

@MrBaracu said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

I have the same error (nr.104) but i know my problem. In the windows store i changed the install path to my game drive (D) because thats the place with the most free space (my SSD is too small for that game). Now the update trys to put all files on my C drive but there is no space. I cant make space for that because the SSD has just 50GB left and all on it needs to be there. How can i change that now? Its a stupid update system btw. if you change the install patch in the store.

Ok whatever. The windows store version is dumb and i use other tools to get the game.