I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it

I tried to open PSO2, but couldn't I then tried to ask the discord, but got muted (https://gyazo.com/fc1c235b15f9427f3f60250b650e9e1c) Whenever I open PSO2, it just doesn't do anything. I tried to uninstall it in so many ways. Right-clicking the app and pressing uninstall, downloading some uninstaller, and I went to the control panel, I didn't see it there. I don't see the files either. Not one named "SEGA" or "PSO2" (or anything by the lines of PSO2) I had to go through the "downloading" thing 3 times, I pressed "Start Game" but nothing happened. I'm afraid that since I tried to uninstall it it might do something to the game, like say "These files, ___, disappeared." Please send help! Or if I can get an unmute in the discord too, if possible my tag is Kanashi#8888. Thank you, and have a nice day.

It's under C:/Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApp

@KoalaDevourer I didn't find it there. I was just looking around, and I found it under Documents?

@KoalaDevourer you can't even delete it from there. I tried. I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried everything.

I deleted the file named SEGA and it still says I have it on the Microsoft Store, and I still cant open it.

@A_Kanashi said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

I tried to open PSO2, but couldn't I then tried to ask the discord, but got muted (https://gyazo.com/fc1c235b15f9427f3f60250b650e9e1c) Whenever I open PSO2, it just doesn't do anything. I tried to uninstall it in so many ways. Right-clicking the app and pressing uninstall, downloading some uninstaller, and I went to the control panel, I didn't see it there. I don't see the files either. Not one named "SEGA" or "PSO2" (or anything by the lines of PSO2) I had to go through the "downloading" thing 3 times, I pressed "Start Game" but nothing happened. I'm afraid that since I tried to uninstall it it might do something to the game, like say "These files, ___, disappeared." Please send help! Or if I can get an unmute in the discord too, if possible my tag is Kanashi#8888. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Sorry you got muted, but seems like you were spamming the channel. Try messaging one of the DM's here to see if they will consider reversing the ban.

@KoalaDevourer I looked there. I found several folders with gobbledegook names, but no exe to actually start the game and/or launcher. Is it supposed to be missing?

@Ssj782 It is because it is a Win10 app and not a standard executable. You will only find gobbledygook unfortunately.

The folder you're looking for is in the hidden "Windowsapps" folder in "Program files". I didn't copy out the whole thing but you're looking for the one(s) that says Oxyna on it. In order to get into and actually modify those folders you're going to need to know how to change administration settings, ownership of folders and that sort of thing; And i'm not really willing or able to write it all out here (with a little research anyone can do it). However the path you're looking for is : C : , Program Files , Windowsapps -> Oxyna. Delete the full Oxyna folder once you have the permission/ownership and it will remove the entirety off your computer. There might be multiple Oxyna folders, but most if not all should be in your WindowsApps folder.

Do beware though, I deleted 200gb+ of PSO2 duplicate files off my computer that were installed invisibly. The only reason I noticed was because my laptop warned me I was low on space. Little did I know I had like 5 copies of illegitimate PSO2 client files on my PC.

It is likely downloading full game clients onto your system in those folders though, and possibly multiple times. Keep going at your own risk. OR head to Microsoft Store and give them a nice review for what they are doing to all of our computers right now while making no response or effort to acknowledge that there is even an issue.

@OddCrown said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

The folder you're looking for is in the hidden "Windowsapps" folder in "Program files". I didn't copy out the whole thing but you're looking for the one(s) that says Oxyna on it. In order to get into and actually modify those folders you're going to need to know how to change administration settings, ownership of folders and that sort of thing; And i'm not really willing or able to write it all out here (with a little research anyone can do it). However the path you're looking for is : C : , Program Files , Windowsapps -> Oxyna. Delete the full Oxyna folder once you have the permission/ownership and it will remove the entirety off your computer. There might be multiple Oxyna folders, but most if not all should be in your WindowsApps folder.

Do beware though, I deleted 200gb+ of PSO2 duplicate files off my computer that were installed invisibly. The only reason I noticed was because my laptop warned me I was low on space. Little did I know I had like 5 copies of illegitimate PSO2 client files on my PC.

It is likely downloading full game clients onto your system in those folders though, and possibly multiple times. Keep going at your own risk. OR head to Microsoft Store and give them a nice review for what they are doing to all of our computers right now while making no response or effort to acknowledge that there is even an issue.

This thing is literally sucking space with orphan files?

Good grief.

Who thought this was a good idea? I mean seriously.

@Pairamedic said in I can't uninstall PSO2, or even open it:

Who thought this was a good idea? I mean seriously.

Lord only knows... alt text

I manually deleted the folder with the game files in it. It is now gone, yet I only regained 4 of the gigs back. So now my already small SSD is missing 50 gigs of space.

C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j

Those are the pathways for 3 folders that has the game, one of them can be accessed by you(First one), but the two others are locked by window store's premissions, but that can be changed back to you by using right click on them then properties. You can then change the owner under security tab and advanced, you add your name in the writing box and find name, yours will pop up, you select it then you apply the changes. Once that is done, you can now delete those files. The reason of this is because window store made everything unmodificable, so they are the one that will do update to the game which is the case for most games in window store and such hence why all permissions are usually under "TrustedInstaller", although, Saga made the game with a personal launcher and patcher, hence the patcher see himself in 3 different folders, he will add every file to every folder he sees. In short, that is a poor concept from both Microsoft and Saga. In short, the fix for Saga that they would do is that their dedicated updater would only apply all changes to one folder, the first one in the list above while microsoft moves their main pathway to that first one while deleting the two others off the user's computer.

@Mikisiw201 Good point that I missed. You might also have files in "Mutable" in your windowsapps, and It might even have a MutableDuplicate folder with even more Oxyna in it.