Opinion about PC Launch

I know we are on a middle of a pandemic and that PSO2 team should be even home officing but today´s PC launch was a mess, the game download should had be done on a direct download like Halo and Forza Horizon 3/4 are done, not a download to another download to another download to another download that may or not may give you installation errors

I and lot of other users had problems to download the game, many lost 12 hours or more to do download the game but still have the same problems over and over

SEGA should had waited to launch it on PC, not surrender to pressure and run to launch on PC sooner than necessary, but now that the demage is done at leeast i hope they do such fixes ASP so people can enjoy and have fun with the game they wanted for so long, specially a IPv6 fix

My opinion is that it should have never been MS Store exclusive. Combining the MS Store with PSO2's launcher and gameguard was like asking for a storm to happen. :x

@Ezodagrom said in Opinion about PC Launch:

My opinion is that it should have never been MS Store exclusive. Combining the MS Store with PSO2's launcher and gameguard was like asking for a storm to happen. :x

it isnt much what they could do, MS is the one helping SEGA with launch, but most of problems are associateed with PSO2 launcher than MS Store itself

MS store is the one screwing up file permissions.

@meganinja202 MS is releasing their own games on Steam (Halo MCC, Sea of Thieves), so I wonder about that.

Also the issues with the PSO2 launcher would have been far easier to workaround without the MS store's restrictions, since it's the same launcher as the JP version.

@Ezodagrom said in Opinion about PC Launch:

@meganinja202 MS is releasing their own games on Steam (Halo MCC, Sea of Thieves), so I wonder about that.

Also the issues with the PSO2 launcher would have been far easier to workaround without the MS store's restrictions, since it's the same launcher as the JP version.

Yea, there is it also but i think it would have any differnce

Considering how many MMOs and other online games have become P2W, quality has dropped and as a result had shut down, I somehow feel that this being under Microsoft may actually keep it afloat, keep P2W away and also bad decisions that will cause people to leave.

Here I'm cautiously optimistic.

I did find the launcher within a launcher a bit stupid, also the nProtect "anticheat", but whatever, free is free, I'm not even from NA, but I'm glad I can play this.

@Allwynd01 said in Opinion about PC Launch:

Considering how many MMOs and other online games have become P2W, quality has dropped and as a result had shut down, I somehow feel that this being under Microsoft may actually keep it afloat, keep P2W away and also bad decisions that will cause people to leave.

I did find the launcher within a launcher a bit stupid, also the nProtect "anticheat", but whatever, free is free, I'm not even from NA, but I'm glad I can play this.

nProtect is in Japanes Veresion too also in terms of payment they are following JP formula that is sucesstheere

@meganinja202 said in Opinion about PC Launch:

@Allwynd01 said in Opinion about PC Launch:

nProtect is in Japanes Veresion too also in terms of payment they are following JP formula that is sucesstheere

What's successful in Asia isn't always successful in the west, only time will show what will happen.

I must be one of the lucky ones that didn't have any problems at all, since I went from no issues with downloading from MS Store as soon as it went live. No issues with the patcher updating itself. No issues with the patch even downloading from the patcher. No issue logging in with my Microsoft Account before servers opened. Having no issues logging in at around noon EDT today. The only issue is the slow lobby due to the servers all being full now. That can be solved with server tweaking or opening a new ship.

@Ragnawind said in Opinion about PC Launch:

I must be one of the lucky ones that didn't have any problems at all, since I went from no issues with downloading from MS Store as soon as it went live. No issues with the patcher updating itself. No issues with the patch even downloading from the patcher. No issue logging in with my Microsoft Account before servers opened. Having no issues logging in at around noon EDT today. The only issue is the slow lobby due to the servers all being full now. That can be solved with server tweaking or opening a new ship.

they should had put 10 severs like in JP

PC Launch??? What PC launch? All I see here is a console game made accessible to PC players 🙂 Don't notice any optimization done for porting to PC lol Menus are 100% controller based. Don't see any changes made to make the game PC friendly.

They literally had a 6 hr graveyard shift pre-load window that kind of defeats the purpose of a pre-load, so everyone ended up rushing the servers at once.

Edit: double post, apologies

Managed to play for a good 12 hours today with mostly no issues, save for the unbelievable amount of lag and stuttering in the lobby (which is to be expected due to the lack of opening new servers).

Just wish I was able to purchase the collabs/ARK cash from MS Store outside of NA...there are no gift cards available anywhere.