Devs please address the resolution issues in Xbox

The game runs on what appears to be 480p most of the time on Xbox One. I'm not sure if it's 60 FPS during missions, but it gets so bad that I actually rather have a locked 720-900p at 30 FPS than what we have right now. No joke, sometimes I can't even make out the player characters. It's as bad as BF1s launch resolution drops down to like 144p at times.

I was seeing this too. I imagine that there's still some tuning that needs to be done before launch.

Thankfully I use an Xbox One X and later this year an Xbox Series X. It helps to state what console you are using. Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X. You can't just say console because for one the X has special graphics and such. The original Xbox One is a trash system that just doesn't cut it. The Xbox One S is a very slight step up.

@PhantasyStar369

That's fair. I should have mentioned specifically the console. I'm talking about Xbox One S. I also have an Xbox One X, but I have my Xbox One S in my family home where I am right now. My Xbox One X is in my studio, about a hundred miles away from where I'm at right now. Playing on the Xbox One S is usually not a big deal because the games still run, okay (games like Warframe will run at 720p-860p sometimes, but that's fine). I hope That Sega can better optimize this game. I don't mind it if my games Have to run at 720p, but there's no reason why they should run any lower than that, Especially when some of the textures on this particular game look like they could be from last generation, and the areas where the game takes place are pretty closed off and small / liner.

The reason I gave the S a pass, when it came out, is that everything I read said it wasn't true 4k, just up-scaled HD. It may not matter in many games, but I've been seeing a bunch of posts about pixely Xbox S experience.

I had zero trouble with graphics on the XboneX, fwiw

This IS a beta, and they may have done all their optimization for the ‘Enhanced for One X’ label.

It looked very nice, so they nailed that, at least.

@Seedenator said in Devs please address the resolution issues in Xbox:

The reason I gave the S a pass, when it came out, is that everything I read said it wasn't true 4k, just up-scaled HD. It may not matter in many games, but I've been seeing a bunch of posts about pixely Xbox S experience.

I had zero trouble with graphics on the XboneX, fwiw

This IS a beta, and they may have done all their optimization for the ‘Enhanced for One X’ label.

It looked very nice, so they nailed that, at least.

For me, the issue was my chugging framerate at the sight of more than 40 people, this was especially bad during the Quna concert.

Even with the B to zoom into the concert? I noticed it got a bit choppy with all the bouncing pebkac in the audience, but the zoom/change camera function smoothed it out.

Even with the B to zoom into the concert? I noticed it got a bit choppy with all the bouncing pebkac in the audience, but the zoom/change camera function smoothed it out.

Yeah, so all I saw for half of Our Fighting was Quna skipping around after a couple seconds of a frozen screen. Xbox One S maybe be cut out for the gameplay experience, but not really for the lobby too well.

@Robsynclair64 said in Devs please address the resolution issues in Xbox:

Yeah, so all I saw for half of Our Fighting was Quna skipping around after a couple seconds of a frozen screen. Xbox One S maybe be cut out for the gameplay experience, but not really for the lobby too well.

That's really more an issue of the CPU when all of those PCs are on-screen, unfortunately. The Xbox One X gets bogged down. I guess the resolution stays OK, but it starts to become a slideshow. Can't wait for the Series X to resolve this issue.

@Duchess-May said in Devs please address the resolution issues in Xbox:

That's really more an issue of the CPU when all of those PCs are on-screen, unfortunately. The Xbox One X gets bogged down. I guess the resolution stays OK, but it starts to become a slideshow. Can't wait for the Series X to resolve this issue.

Slight off-topic derail: I'm getting one of those. Xbox controllers have always been the second comfiest thing in my hands next to the Gamecube controller.

I have a PS4, but, screw the PS5. It won't have what I want this generation. Unless Sony somehow touts being B-C with their disks or digital purchases on PS4, they're not getting my money this time.

+==+

So it's really the processor that's the issue, which means that it wouldn't matter which version of console you get, a crowded lobby is going to be a crappy experience for all of what little time spent there, huh?

I played on ship 2, never got a slideshow, got a few hitches, and a slowdown during the concert, but I looked for a smaller block, of whatever they are called.

@Duchess-May said in Devs please address the resolution issues in Xbox:

Slight off-topic derail: I'm getting one of those. Xbox controllers have always been the second comfiest thing in my hands next to the Gamecube controller.

I have a PS4, but, screw the PS5. It won't have what I want this generation. Unless Sony somehow touts being B-C with their disks or digital purchases on PS4, they're not getting my money this time.

+==+

So it's really the processor that's the issue, which means that it wouldn't matter which version of console you get, a crowded lobby is going to be a crappy experience for all of what little time spent there, huh?

I mean, if you're just there to chat, I think it's not a big deal...but if you want to get stuff done, best to move to another block. Most MMOs run pretty meh in crowded player areas, especially PSO2 with 50 or so on-screen (there were far, far more people there, just hidden for graphics, but the CPU knew they were there).

But yeah, true meme peeps go to Block 1. B)

@Duchess-May Surrendereth thine mysteries to yon Zoidberg, brother. Also thy oats.

There are some settings to help with the pixelation, make sure to turn down the amount of people rendered at once. It reallly helps.