FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART

@Daigoji-Gai I keep getting a 503 error for the forums because so many people are complaining about this crap.

@Caid02 Did you get it to work? I turned off AVG to download and added as an exception after but when I tried to start it this morning it quarantined the exe. After restoring the exe the game won't launch. I had to leave for work so I haven't been able to try the repair fix yet but I really hope I don't have to reinstall this shitshow.

Installed, played, worked fine, restarted a few times no problem, then suddenly it wouldn't start up. Tried everything, repair didn't work, reset finally got the launcher to start but it just redownloaded the entire game without getting rid of the old files and now my hard drive is bloated with files in places I can't even find or access. Now after the download finished I get another error (WinHTTP: 12002 [no.103]) when I click start and it won't run the game. Closing the launcher now only gives the same error when I try to start up the launcher. Afraid to restart computer. Send help. Please sega, microsoft, I know you are small indie dev companies but can we just get a working release...pso2 error.png

My app settings won't even load, screen just stays blank so I can't even try repairing it.

Edit: of course as soon as I post this it pops up

@XDark-MaliceX That is the app corruption issue. To confirm, did you shut down your laptop? There are reports that something happens at shutdown that causes the app to become corrupted.

The thing with restore/repair is that it takes forever and there is no indication sometimes when it is completed and/or still working.

Last night I had the same issue. Tried repair, then restore, and then after 30 minutes tried uninstall but nothing was happening....

Then, suddenly, the client (real PSO2 launcher) popped up, started downloading, got to the end, stopped and Win10 decided THEN to initiate my uninstall order AFTER it apparently did manage to repair the app. If I had waited, and also not spammed uninstall, I wouldn't have had to reinstall for the third time last night since launch.

I'm not shutting down my PC again for a bit until this is fixed.

Does that make sense? No. The implementation of this app was really darn sloppy.

@DaigoParry said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

Installed, played, worked fine, restarted a few times no problem, then suddenly it wouldn't start up. Tried everything, repair didn't work, reset finally got the launcher to start but it just redownloaded the entire game without getting rid of the old files and now my hard drive is bloated with files in places I can't even find or access. Now after the download finished I get another error (WinHTTP: 12002 [no.103]) when I click start and it won't run the game. Closing the launcher now only gives the same error when I try to start up the launcher. Afraid to restart computer. Send help. Please sega, microsoft, I know you are small indie dev companies but can we just get a working release...pso2 error.png

It isn't just you.

@Glorindal13 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Daigoji-Gai I keep getting a 503 error for the forums because so many people are complaining about this crap.

Everyone is. For a minute I freaked out and was worried I did it. Reddit and Japanese forums/services are also blowing up over this. It isn't just us here in the US.

@skinwalker00556 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Caid02 Did you get it to work? I turned off AVG to download and added as an exception after but when I tried to start it this morning it quarantined the exe. After restoring the exe the game won't launch. I had to leave for work so I haven't been able to try the repair fix yet but I really hope I don't have to reinstall this shitshow.

Kind of, it seemed to help initially but after restarting the computer, the launcher started a fresh download, so not really. I made a long post but the forum went down half way through so ... The launcher seems to be working properly now, or at least it does if you run it as administrator. And the game has been working since that download finished. I guess i should restart my computer and see if it sticks. It probably helped but dont think it solved every problem with it and i suspect its been working due to patches since more than anything i've done.

Back to downloading a fresh copy of the game. And it took 4/5 tries to get launcher to open after restarting so ...yeah, its still quite broken

EDIT: Only needed to download 3919 files rather than the usual 93,000. So improving a bit

EDIT 2: That download crashed and failed twice now, so i take the improving part back.

EDIT 3: Launcher isn't working now either, so think i'll need to uninstall and reinstall, which i dont have the patience for atm. I'll try again at a later date

@Caid02 So basically hope and pray I can get it running and then never turn my PC off, got it

@skinwalker00556 seems so yeah

I'm testing to check if the "self-delete after shutdown/restart" would also kill the first 11GB launcher download. I don't even wanna try to download the whole thing and waste half a day cuz I know shutdowns and restarts kills it.

Edit: After shutting down my laptop, checking the Mutable/Oxyna file where the launcher is located, it seems like it is still intact. Double checking it, I also check the MutableBackup and didn't find any file in there. So the launcher doesn't commit no breathe.

Edit2: Being paranoid and testing only shutdown, I also tested for restart and lo and behold, the launcher is still intact. Still in Mutable/Oxyna and nothing in the MutableBackup.

And no, I did not try to execute the launcher in both tests. Try at your own risk cuz I'm waiting for a patch.

More of the same with me. I was playing yesterday for hours, logged off for about three and found that apparently there was an error. I navigated my folders, changed the permissions, everything I had to do to get rid of it for a fresh install. Everything worked fine today, when I suddenly crashed with an unexpected error. Went to log back in, no dice. I went to delete the MutableBackup folder, but it keeps regenerating.

Edit: I was able to get rid of it finally, but the fact that it still craps the bed is still a big problem.

So tried the repair/reset fix and nada, the launcher won't even open now. Going through the ridiculous process of uninstalling/clearing this garbage from my drive. I will be going back to my Xbox with it's shit graphics...and I honestly probably wouldn't even do that if I hadn't bought the Sonic pack.

Should have done things the old way. We don't need a store app for a MMO launcher. Should have been a download from the pso2.com site. This is pathetic.