FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART

@Peacewalker1875 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Pairamedic C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

then it should be "mutable" and "mutablebackup"

and a last one should be Onyxia or something I can't remember the name but its similar to that.

Ahhhh. Thanks. Figured it out.

Okay so it looks like Oxyna, Mutable, and Mutable backup contain the data for the game.

What is "MSIXVC" folder? It's 11GB and was last modified at the same time as Oxyna - is it part of the game as well?

@Pairamedic Its empty so i'd just leave it. Or atleast its empty for me.

You can add 'ModifiableWindowsApps' in Program Files to the list of locations for the game. Seems the current install is going there. Just a shortcut in the mutable folder atm

i tried the repair and went from having 20gig free space to 78gb letting the updater do its things and ...... will come back after and finish post when its done eta at least 3 hrs and i feel maybe 10% this will work and 90% it wont i started with 90 and if the store files take up 11 and when i first did dl had about 78 at this point will be interesting to see what happens so imo guess is like 11 gb of microsoft malware and rest is game

Based on my deletion attempts, I have 5 "oxyna" folders in my MutableBackup folder, all the file tallying as I'm trying to delete adds up to WAY more GB than my SSD can even hold, so something is REALLY wonky here.

Finally got those f'n folders deleted in MutableBackup, they were a bitch...had to drag them into the TakeOwnership thing someone mentioned earlier like 3 different times before it would let me delete everything. But for now, I finally have my SSD space back, although I'm afraid if I restart again, it'll magically disappear again...it wouldn't surprise me with the strange ass things this install has done to my rig today. I'm out until they launch a REAL PC version, and even then, I'm probably never going to bother. Good luck everyone, I hope your PCs survive this corrupted crap.

I'm having trouble deleting this folder, I gave WindowsApps Admin permissions. I was able to delete Mutable and MutableBackup, what gives?

(https://imgur.com/O4Y7Gfh)

@Pairamedic said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

I'm having trouble deleting this folder, I gave WindowsApps Admin permissions. I was able to delete Mutable and MutableBackup, what gives?

(https://imgur.com/O4Y7Gfh)

You still having this issue?

@Daigoji-Gai

Yes. Issue is still there. I gave myself permissions I don't understand what the problem is. I was able to delete the other folders.

@Pairamedic It isn't active? Did you check task manager to make sure nothing PSO2 related is running?

@Daigoji-Gai said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Pairamedic said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Ssj782 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

I can't even get the launcher to open to attempt to play the game. I downloaded it. It worked fine and I played for a few hours. Then once logged out for an hour or two, I tried opening the launcher back up. It ignores all attempts to open it. I've tried the task bar pin, the start menu, going back to the microsoft store and opening it from there... Repair didn't work, and I'm currently waiting on 'reset' to finish. I really don't want to have to reinstall the whole game again.

Same here.

Wait, you're still waiting too?

I was playing on my laptop just fine eailer today and then played on my desktop just fine too. Now im back trying to play on my laptop and the game won't launch. I don't get an error or anything just when I click "Launch" nothing happens at all.

@Pairamedic I had to re-run that TakeOwnership exe at least 3 times before I fully got ownership of all the folders and get them deleted. Such crap, good riddance. I feel bad because my daughter was looking forward to playing, too...but now they've lost both of us.

@Daigoji-Gai said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Pairamedic It isn't active? Did you check task manager to make sure nothing PSO2 related is running?

Very strange. The folder is gone now, I didn't do anything. I just went back to check and it's gone.

Just wanted to say that this fixed my problem with the game not launching anymore. Had to reset and I'm downloading the patch files now but seems good.

Thanks