FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART

@Daigoji-Gai said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Pairamedic Use the Add / Remove Programs from Control Panel.

I'm having the click on the game and nothing even happens issue too. I'm basically done with this shit. This is what happens when they don't do a REAL PC launch, and don't test anything. This is just an XBOX emulator version.

ANYWAY...just wanted to say, nope, it doesn't even show up on the Control Panel's list of programs.

@Reo said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

I'm having the click on the game and nothing even happens issue too. I'm basically done with this shit. This is what happens when they don't do a REAL PC launch, and don't test anything. This is just an XBOX emulator version.

ANYWAY...just wanted to say, nope, it doesn't even show up on the Control Panel's list of programs.

I feel your pain, and you're not wrong. Really darn sloppy. Does it show up if you search for it in the task bar search (next to start menu)? If so, you can try to uninstall from there.

@Reo said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

I feel your pain, and you're not wrong. Really darn sloppy. Does it show up if you search for it in the task bar search (next to start menu)? If so, you can try to uninstall from there.

All this seems to result in, is the ramping up of my CPU with the wsappx process, and the uninstall never actually happens. This is the same thing that was happening when clicking on the game to run. Game never opens, just ramps up the CPU with the wsappx process.

It appears to have finally uninstalled, but barely put a dent in the amount of storage space the game was taking up on my SSD.

@Reo Exactly. And my SSD is already small. Now it has a 50gig chyunk missing even after I deleted the files. This is such bs.

@Ssj782 Hmm, curious if a drive check and defrag will reclaim those lost sectors?

Restarted and I have EVEN LESS storage space now!

Anti Virus seems to be nuking my installs after restarting. Got in initially but when restarting it was flagged as a virus and seemed to currupt most of the .exe's. Putting it in exceptions afterwards didn't help. On 3rd reinstall now, have disabled anti virus, will add everything to exceptions before turning it back on and see how that works.

@Caid02 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

Anti Virus seems to be nuking my installs after restarting. Got in initially but when restarting it was flagged as a virus and seemed to currupt most of the .exe's. Putting it in exceptions afterwards didn't help. On 3rd reinstall now, have disabled anti virus, will add everything to exceptions before turning it back on and see how that works.

Hmm, fascinating. So my hunch is right. Some AV software does not like this app. At all.

For those trying to delete the game

Your going to need to download a 3rd party regedit called "Takeownership"

Should be C Drive > Program Files > WindowsApps

fixed the space problem....

EDIT: You'll also need to use the program to take ownership of the windowsapp folder then all subsequent PSO2 folders to delete them. Just cleared 150 GBs which was roughly 2 fresh installs of the damn game

Something happened and now my launcher is opening and attempting to reinstall the game after a Reset, but the files are hiding somewhere on my C drive. I don't have room for a 2nd install, but the pso2_bin folder is 11GB.

@Pairamedic Follow my above advice. I'm sorry but your gonna need to reinstall as far as I know. The 11GB is the W10 store files not the client files that get installed which those probably got deleted because the game is buggy.

@Peacewalker1875 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@Pairamedic Follow my above advice. I'm sorry but your gonna need to reinstall as far as I know. The 11GB is the W10 store files not the client files that get installed which those probably got deleted because the game is buggy.

Yeah I figured as much, but where's the location of the game that's taken up 70GB?

@Pairamedic C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

then it should be "mutable" and "mutablebackup"

and a last one should be Onyxia or something I can't remember the name but its similar to that.

Finally got the space back. Could they have possibly done the pc version in a dumber way?