FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART

@NoSwearOwU said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

so i installed my game i had the 106 bug and the 1813 bug aswell im outside of the US and i had just unistalled and reinstalled the game then i tried to open the game again after a couple days and it just doesn't work i have been trying to use all the tips i been seing here and nothing uninstalling reinstalling giving permission to the files reseting and repairing the game stayed there for hours and still wasn't finished i tried again still nothing tried desactivating windows defender and desactivating the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and still nothing does any one know something i could do besides this ?

Try using the NA version of PSO2 Tweaker - https://na.arks-layer.com/ This is a third party app however, so support beyond the website and discord is limited. You still may have to put in some frustrating work unfortunately, including doing some repairs through Tweaker, possibly reinstalling and having it fix your permissions, but hopefully this helps if the previously provided tips and SEGA recommendations aren't working for you.

I'm abit bummed. I installed it and everything and I played it when it finished installing. But the next day it didn't work. It would always tell me like something about the publisher before playing and I would always say yes. But I accidentally pressed no and now it wont even boot up or anything. I tried to uninstall and stuff and it wont work or it just takes forever 😞

What do you do if you can't uninstall the game?

@Meron1678 said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

What do you do if you can't uninstall the game?

not sure how you are trying to uninstall it BUT the way i ultimately did it was go into the windows app folder and delete it entirely (shift / delete) and to do this i found this site to tell me how to get permission to even open the stupid folder https://beebom.com/how-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/ by doing this i found two identical folders each 57gigs that the game / windows store / tweaker (not sure who or what did it) downloaded twice. i also went into the windows tab to add remove software and removed/uninstalled PSO2 that way as well. haven't tried reinstalling yet so i don't know if any of the things i did last night did any good or not yet but hopefully this helps you do what you are trying to do.

@TACOMADMEN said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

I'm abit bummed. I installed it and everything and I played it when it finished installing. But the next day it didn't work. It would always tell me like something about the publisher before playing and I would always say yes. But I accidentally pressed no and now it wont even boot up or anything. I tried to uninstall and stuff and it wont work or it just takes forever 😞

Unfortunately this is a re-occuring problem with the Win10 Store version. I even encounter this. Some recommendations: try to avoid restarting your PC, make sure you have spare drive space for when it forces a reinstall (it should overwrite at install location - but phantom installations can occur so pay attention to drive space),and use the Tweaker app which resolve most, but not all, of the windows store app launcher issues.

So this still isn't fixed yet?

@TACOMADMEN this has happened to me too. The fixes here don't work and there doesn't seem to be any way at all to remove the game. All we can do is hope it gets acknowledged and fixed I guess.

So windows somehow deleted the executable file from the folder, I have the complete download but no exe file, I can repair program been waiting 45 min and its still not finished, anyone got a link to just a replacement exe?

Finsihed repair to no avail attempting reset now.

@Scilin said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

So windows somehow deleted the executable file from the folder, I have the complete download but no exe file, I can repair program been waiting 45 min and its still not finished, anyone got a link to just a replacement exe?

Finsihed repair to no avail attempting reset now.

It fixed for me after doing Repair, and letting it redownload the entire game. Not happy about that.

@Scilin this wont fix the problem as the files are on still on your computer and likely Microsoft has backup files of multiple versions of your game filling up your drive. The files are hidden in a folder called mutablebackup and copies keep getting made every time the launcher fails. You will have to manually clean these files to free up your drive space as Microsoft is useless and this in itself can be a chore if your not familiar. The first step is to turn on your ribbon on your file explorer, then turn on hidden files. From there you can go to your drive and select programfiles ->windowapps(the file is different color because it was hidden). Way down toward the bottom is a file called mutablebackup. To do anything with this file you must take ownership of it and its contents through the properties and advanced security options(google how to take ownership of files if you need help with this). This is where all the files micrsoft has moved are being hidden. I haven't personally figured out how to restore them but I also haven't bothered really trying. I wont be playing anymore though till this is fixed because its not just a "launching the game in admin" issue as being reported. Anytime the launcher has an issue this is subject to occur. It also seems the file backups are of random size being anywhere from 17 gigs to 68+ gigs per file set. At anyrate, until Microsoft and Sega figure this out or start paying me to continuously fix their errors I'm done.

Just this week my PSO2 started up. I'm able to play it only once before it deletes itself. I'll play it one day, log off then get back on the next day and the app never opens or anything. I'll check the app itself and it will only show 11GB instead of the 60+gigs or w/e. I've tried repairing/reset and nothing.

So i then used the tweaker and it still didn't work. I did exactly everything the tweaker said and it still takes me to the microsoft store at the end. I ran the powershell, everything. I'll give it another shot when i get home but this is absurd.

On a side note if you're having trouble deleting the files in the mutable backups, the tweaker deletes them for you when you run the powershell.

Worth noting. My husband had the game randomly delete itself last night. I had him hit repair and we both forgot about it.

This morning the game randomly launched itself, fully repaired and working, on its own.

No idea if this helps others or Sega figure out what's going on, but that happened.

@Policroma-Sol said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

Worth noting. My husband had the game randomly delete itself last night. I had him hit repair and we both forgot about it.

This morning the game randomly launched itself, fully repaired and working, on its own.

No idea if this helps others or Sega figure out what's going on, but that happened.

Mine nuked itself last night as well. I've been playing since PC launch with minimal issues. The only issues I had previously was when I installed to my D drive and it would delete itself after system restarts. I quickly learned that installing to C prevents this.

I wonder if last nights update had anything to do with it breaking. Sadly I didn't see this thread sooner but am currently reinstalling. Good to hear that repair may fix future issues.

@Ridiant said in FIX HERE: GAME WON'T RESTART:

@TACOMADMEN this has happened to me too. The fixes here don't work and there doesn't seem to be any way at all to remove the game. All we can do is hope it gets acknowledged and fixed I guess.

https://beebom.com/how-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/ this tells you how to gain permission to open the files and to delete them. once you do that you then need to go into the windows tab/start button and go into settings once you are in settings go into the apps section (this is where you can uninstall apps and programs) once you are in the apps section just look for PSO2 and click on it and you can select uninstall. do the same thing if you have tweaker installed as well. and just to a fresh install of both if you want to try and use tweaker.

Yeah I'm curious as to what happened here myself, I wanted to rush and get the rest of the story stuff done for the campaign right now but now I'm just infuriated, I'm probably going to have to reinstall this is ridiculous. Sega and MS need to figure out how to deal with this store because it's a massive headache.

Today, I went to play PSO, realized that the icon click did nothing. Once I went back I noticed it had an updating bar on the icon. This was a bit concerning anyway, since I know the MS Store original build was like 11 gig and the full install was closer to 90 or something. Anyway, opened the store to check on the update, it wasn't even in the list of apps needed updated, it let me hit the Play button on the game in there, but it didn't work, neither did the one in the start menu.

I later rebooted, it no longer has the updating bar on it but it's not launching. I went to try tinkering and looked at the files for the game and the file structure here in here is not AT ALL the same as what it was before, it's over 94000 files mostly in tiny bits in here. Before, there were logical archive files, a couple executable files, as expected, etc etc. But this, this is just a pass of randomly named files, MS really screwed the pooch here