Download Locked Me Out of My Laptop

I downloaded PSO2 all night last night with a couple of resets/interruptions. After it wouldn’t let me login to my Xbox account, I reset my computer, and now I can’t even get it to boot up again. I just get this B8C1ED1D-3BF6-476C-8E46-FCACC057A0A8.jpeg

I’m completely at a loss at what I can even do to save my computer now.

Seriously can anyone give me at least something: there is legit very little options I haven’t exhausted.

@STONEFACEGREAT try that safe boot thingy?

@Threule said in Download Locked Me Out of My Laptop:

@STONEFACEGREAT try that safe boot thingy?

This. Try a Win10 safe boot to repair... need to do it at BIOS as Win loads up.

@Daigoji-Gai It immediately goes into auto repair so I can’t exactly do anything when it’s booting up.

@Daigoji-Gai I also directly went into the advanced options and opted to reset into safe mode but it still goes into auto repair anyway

@STONEFACEGREAT said in Download Locked Me Out of My Laptop:

@Daigoji-Gai I also directly went into the advanced options and opted to reset into safe mode but it still goes into auto repair anyway

So quick question. The game on the same drive as your OS? Did you have enough space on that drive? Getting the new BSOD is pretty serious - other than PSo2 have you installed anything else?

Yes it’s in the same drive. I never had any issues until PSO2 was finished downloading. I’m assuming this is attributed to the fact the install was interrupted like twice before it was fully installed.

It is possible your drive could have just died or something.. probably unrelated to PSO2 though. If you have a desktop or another computer you can try using either a drive dock with it or find out some way to check the SMART status (CrystalDiskInfo is a good tool to check that). If it shows as Good health then try different measures I suppose?

@Maymay1611 I’ll keep looking into it but I’m very much inclined to believe PSO2 stuff went wonky, considering this has been the only issue I’ve had with this laptop for the past 2 years

@STONEFACEGREAT If you made no other changes other than install, hard to blame another culprit. I hope you get this sorted and I'll keep an eye open for a potential solve.

@Maymay1611 On further investigation, evidence points towards HDD corruption. Ugh. I’m fairly ignorant with computers, but I can only hope it was a bad coincidence and the already messy release for PC isnt to blame.

@STONEFACEGREAT sucks that happened, hopefully you can get a replacement drive soon enough. i'd limit your drive activity on the corrupted one until you have another drive to recover anything important off of it first, then i'd do a full format (not quick) then either try to milk it for more usage out of it or junk it. if you do junk it, i'd do a full format several times to be safe... or.. you know... use the hammer. lol

Reason I say Full Format is because Windows usually marks corrupted sectors off as it erases everything, plus Quick doesn't actually delete anything.. it just flags the area to be overwritten by new data.