Anyone have any idea about GameGuard error code 114?

I know it's not technically PSO2 but the game uses it. GameGuard downloads everything, goes to authenticate, dies. On subsequent attempts at running the game it just dies. The 'advice' their help site gives, such as it is, involves restarting the computer (apparently causes other issues with PSO2, but sure, I've tried it), turning anti-virus off (bad idea, and if your game protection software is getting labelled as malware it has issues, but sure, I've tried it), nuking unused processes in task manager (stupid idea, and anyone has way too many things running after launch to really do this, either, but I've tried it with a few things it might dislike and gotten nowhere).

GameGuard's error 114 seems to be its most generic error that could have any number of causes, which is not helping me solve it.

Anyone know anything that does work?

I'm also having trouble with this for almost 12 hours now. I tried everything, even changing my antivirus and re-scanning to make sure my machine is clean. I do not have any hacking software or any other bullshit like that installed.

I've even removed other games that might have conflict with PSO2's gameguard. I am starting to get pretty pissed off at this Error 114 because it does not have a concrete reason on why it is showing up.

GG is awful. I guess the reason I forgot it exists is because Tweaker fixes all these problems itself. But anyway, I think that back when Tweaker didn't even exist we would delete the entire GameGuard folder. That would cause the game to download it all over again upon launching, which would solve some problems.

The game's installed at "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j" in case you didn't already know it. The GG folder is in there.

The WindowsApp folder is hidden and inaccessible, so first make it visible ("view" up on explorer, then at the bottom right "show hidden files" or whatever it says in English) and then go into properties, security, and change the permissions to give full control to the user account. This will allow you to actually open the folder and mess around in it.

Thanks for trying to help man, but I've already tried everything you just said. I've tried deleting and running the patcher to redownload gamguard, but it just wont work. It keeps redirecting me to gameguard's uber shitty and outdated site and it is pretty horrendous how this keeps on happening.

same here been trying for so long nothinhg helps

@FacedCamp858301 said in Anyone have any idea about GameGuard error code 114?:

Thanks for trying to help man, but I've already tried everything you just said. I've tried deleting and running the patcher to redownload gamguard, but it just wont work. It keeps redirecting me to gameguard's uber shitty and outdated site and it is pretty horrendous how this keeps on happening.

When it takes youu straight to the website, check task manager to see if PSO2 is running. Usually when that happens (it should bring up an error report window instead of opening the website straight away) it's because some process GG is associated to is still running.