Can't uninstall, Can't Redownload, Game is practically just useless data sitting on my computer.

What the actual hell kind of launch is this? The game worked once, only to get me in a constant loop at the title screen. When that didn't work, it just straight up stopped responding. I can't launch it from the desktop, the Store, and it's refusing to uninstall. It's just sitting there, doing nothing.

I'm impressed that all this time was spent getting the PC version "ready" and it ends up...like this. At the very least I'd like a way to get rid of the damn thing if it isn't going to work.

I got to uninstall my game by right clicking PSO2 on my toolbar/start menu and hitting uninstall. Pretty sad port, I rather just play the JP version honestly

I have two versions of it on my SSD and tried uninstalling but its still taking up space lol. Already did the uninstall option and I no longer see it but the actual data looks like its still sitting there.

I've tried that. It doesn't give me an option to uninstall or do anything. But the Store is still attempting to download something which means it's probably just eating my harddrive.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grim8e/troubleshooting_if_your_launcher_does_nothing_or/

Good luck. Uninstalling it entirely is a massive hassle because permission settings are obnoxious.

@HeroFrostie said in Can't uninstall, Can't Redownload, Game is practically just useless data sitting on my computer.:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/grim8e/troubleshooting_if_your_launcher_does_nothing_or/

Good luck. Uninstalling it entirely is a massive hassle because permission settings are obnoxious.

Going through this now, hopefully I did everything right to get this shite off my machine.

What did it for me was shutting off my computer and then turning it back on. Rebooting didn't solve the problem. You gotta wait until the icon stops blinking after you hit "uninstall." If you have it fixed to the start menu, it'll stay there even after it uninstalls but if you look for it in the list to the left, you won't find it. To confirm that it's been uninstalled, look it up on the store. If it says "install" instead of "play," then it's no longer in your system. Or it shouldn't be anyway.

The store just has the play button...AND is trying to install the game again. Nothing I've tried actually gets the damn thing to stop either so I'm worried my efforts to delete it will be in vain as the will just put itself back.

Ok, after following the reddit threat and manually deleting those incredibly stupid backups, the game finally stopped downloading itself on repeat....to try and install itself on my C drive. Thankfully this time I was able to just cancel it and now I am officially done with PSO2.

Thank you Microsoft and Sega. After all this waiting, this installation process was so backass stupid I'd rather just continue playing XIV.