Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat

@Tarkus said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

@Policroma-Sol said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

I'm all for respect, but let's not turn the game into an SJW ban-war.

The latter is easy to avoid if people just report instead of getting righteous indignation as if they are on twitter. And believe me all the delusional hero complex and unconstructive irony has crippled discussion among modern day internet users.

The problem is not the game, but its the users trying to bring their posting habits from horrible social media sites. Its pretty cringeworthy to see the same angry and idiotic posts from people who are not funny and just seeking attention because of a personality deficiency. The same goes for people who get angry at reportworthy posts for far longer than it can be considered healthy. Anyways we're all pso players, not a bunch of bitter people from decaying social media sites.

Have fun guys, don't allow any negative experiences turn you like embittered old people, when there is so much to enjoy in this game. Until ultra hard hits and we all cry about it.😁

Darnit, now this forum really does need a "like" button. 😞

Block, report, move on. People will always find something to take offense with. The harder you try to stop spammers like that then the harder they will do this stuff. If we started making the developers have to take care of people's feelings all the time it will never end and resources get wasted with nothing to show for it.

I for one got a bad case of PSO2 withdrawal and can't wait to play the game again--cringy comments included.

@ everyone who just keeps saying "block move on and stop caring"

Yes, I do care. The moderators care. The devs care.

Please, knock off these comments. If you don't care, that's great. But this conversation isn't for you. Its about those of us who care.

@MachineQueen I guess I'll just block and move on then ツ

Really though, the only novel idea is SAs going through a vetting process but I can only see that eating up GM time and resources when it truly is just easier and more effective to block and report offending players.

@MachineQueen The best thing you can do is send a report in-game, blacklist them, and also report them in "Submit a request", choose "Report a malicious player" and then send the evidence in. Unfortunately though, knowing the kind of people that exist and will just edit screenshots, probably just best to report them in-game.

@Lynn-F said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

@MachineQueen The best thing you can do is send a report in-game, blacklist them, and also report them in "Submit a request", choose "Report a malicious player" and then send the evidence in. Unfortunately though, knowing the kind of people that exist and will just edit screenshots, probably just best to report them in-game.

Modifying reports will most definitely get the player submitting the report banned, but I think that this could happen too. Good thing there is a log for everything and logs for symbol art used as well.

@MachineQueen Gm's do care because its already against the rules. its not like you're on twitter or facebook, these companies you use just give people lip service so that victims or idealogs with righteous indignation are placated. You are also allowing a bunch of idiots to hurt you by getting angry at things that are out of your control. You cannot bring a topdown change to the community without making enemies of others. You have to have patience to turn around opinion and report outright malicious people, because they don't know you and you don't know them. Being angry just makes the situation worse, because it will never be good enough for people who are on a crusade.

Wanting extra rules for things that are already covered is redundant, and something of a sign from decaying social media sites, they're dying because people want to get even.

Pso2 is a game, just report instead of allowing others to make you feel uncomfortable.

Personally I think that applying a verification process to the Symbol art system is a terrible idea.

"Hey someone posted this nice Symbol Art that vaguely looks like my character! Lets adjust some colors... save and... oops gotta wait for god knows how long before i can use it"

Whats next? A verification process for the chat so that it can become as much of a useless feature? The social aspects of PSO2 are some of the best in any MMO's. Socializing with Randoms never been as much fun as when i was leveling up my first character in PSO2JP. If those messages & Symbols really upset you then there is no other way to deal with it other than to block and report. I dunno what else to tell you. Every other solution would either kill the workload of the moderation team or kill the fun for everyone, even innocent people. Not to mention what you might perceive as a hateful group might not be one if looked at from a different point of view. Almost every time when I see this accusation being thrown around it's people crying wolf because they misunderstood a harmless joke.

I agree with others that manual verification for the symbol chat sounds bad for reasons already stated. Considering this game is near 8 years old I'd have to imagine SEGA Japan has a good process in place for dealing with people who break the Terms of Service using Symbol Chat. Just because we don't know of such a process doesn't mean they don't already have a process in place.

@Photon_Cat said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

I agree with others that manual verification for the symbol chat sounds bad for reasons already stated. Considering this game is near 8 years old I'd have to imagine SEGA Japan has a good process in place for dealing with people who break the Terms of Service using Symbol Chat. Just because we don't know of such a process doesn't mean they don't already have a process in place.

There are most definitely already processes in place, I was just suggesting what other games currently do. With the amount of staff that these games have, it doesn't take them long to approve images for use.

We have these kind of players on JP as well and I'm gonna bet that part if not all of them are the same people. The good thing is that they usually stick to a single block so they're easy to avoid.

Yeah I heard B7 on Ship 2 is very bad about that kind of stuff. Never played on ship 2 so it's only hear say.

@Everyone! Lets wait for the game to be released before you start trying to change it. PLEASE? I am thinking most of this is just a few people anyways, an remember these people do need XBox live right? Which means they can't just keep making new accounts for free as they get in trouble i think. So i am sure they will be dealt with(if it even is as bad as i keep hearing) i played for 21+ hours an saw none of this, an did plenty of chatting to. I really did like the pictures too, an don't want it taken away just because it's to much of hassle.

@The-Question I don't know where B7 was, but i didn't see any of this... I wouldn't mind either though. I would probably switch to that block just to see what they really are saying, lol.

@ AnyoneWithKids if you have kids don't let them on facebook, twitter, instagram... well the whole internet, lol. ESPECIALLY something that has chat.

I agree this is horrible we should have a way to report these terrorists to their local police department. According to the Patriot act, we need to arrest these terrorists and detain the indefinitely until we help their sick brains not be racist anymore, this sickens me. Amen, OP, AMEN.