Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat

@Vicodin-Villian said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

I'm going to second @MachineQueen. Kudos to the devs for getting such a smooth beta, absent the server hiccups friday night, but ship 02 in particular seems to be a hotbed of what MachineQueen described. Not five minutes into my session this evening I saw harassment of other players. Not even necessarily obscene harrasment, but the beginnings most certainly of events that could lead to a much more toxic playerbase and community.

Yeah, I think I will just switch ship. I saw some stuff and make me wish to go to ship 1 instead...

@GM-Rappie said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

Hey guys! Please report this type of behavior to our support system. (https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us) If possible please provide a screenshot, the ship name you are on, the character's name you are reporting, etc. We want to make sure this game is enjoyable for everyone!

Some games have introduced systems to where you have to wait for any kind of user generated content to be approved. The approval typically takes 2-4 hours and keeps everyone safe by allowing a moderator to manually look over 10 different images at one time to approve them.

Do you think that might be something that the development team could benefit from? The users? All you would have to do is wait for it to be approved and then you can use the symbol art anywhere.

@Rzarcasm said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

Hey guys! Please report this type of behavior to our support system. (https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us) If possible please provide a screenshot, the ship name you are on, the character's name you are reporting, etc. We want to make sure this game is enjoyable for everyone!

Some games have introduced systems to where you have to wait for any kind of user generated content to be approved. The approval typically takes 2-4 hours and keeps everyone safe by allowing a moderator to manually look over 10 different images at one time to approve them.

Do you think that might be something that the development team could benefit from? The users? All you would have to do is wait for it to be approved and then you can use the symbol art anywhere.

Good idea. If I remember correctly Warframe already does something like that.

I'm not one that agrees with what's going on but again in the Pso2 JP the game was rated C - 15+ meaning most of what's Said Above wasn't allowed but due to it being in NA it's Rated M - 17+ meaning "Mature - Games marked M are for people 17 and older. They usually have very violent or gory content, strong language and possible nudity. Adults Only - Games with the AO mark are not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. They may contain graphic violence, language or sex.", You can find the Rating on Pso2 Home Page at the bottom and Strong Language, Possible nudity and Language is allowed. So this post really doesn't make much sense as the Developers have rated the game M and people are agreeing to play the game under those Ratings and terms. In the long run, The Developers really don't need to do anything about this issue as it is allowed due to the rating and they have added a way to report the issue if it's that bad.

Again, I don't agree with the matter as yes people are normally younger that play this game but it is rated M and this is the risk you take when playing the game, Sometimes people forget these ratings are a thing around the world still. If they want to fix the problem then they can change the Rating to T - 13+ "Rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language."

@Zone said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

I'm not one that agrees with what's going on but again in the Pso2 JP the game was rated C - 15+ meaning most of what's Said Above wasn't allowed but due to it being in NA it's Rated M - 17+ meaning "Mature - Games marked M are for people 17 and older. They usually have very violent or gory content, strong language and possible nudity. Adults Only - Games with the AO mark are not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. They may contain graphic violence, language or sex.", You can find the Rating on Pso2 Home Page at the bottom and Strong Language, Possible nudity and Language is allowed. So this post really doesn't make much sense as the Developers have rated the game M and people are agreeing to play the game under those Ratings and terms. In the long run, The Developers really don't need to do anything about this issue as it is allowed due to the rating and they have added a way to report the issue if it's that bad.

Again, I don't agree with the matter as yes people are normally younger that play this game but it is rated M and this is the risk you take when playing the game, Sometimes people forget these ratings are a thing around the world still. If they want to fix the problem then they can change the Rating to T - 13+ "Rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language."

lol, no. The ESRB does not rate online play. When you boot up an online game the ESRB warning usually says "Game Experience May Change During Online Play". Which means... what gamers say and do in online is NOT rated by the ESRB. These trolls are clearly breaking the TOS. Sega HAS a TOS in place which must be followed.

@MegaDrive-OS said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

@Zone said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

lol, no. The ESRB does not rate online play. When you boot up an online game the ESRB warning usually says "Game Experience May Change During Online Play". Which means... what gamers say and do in online is NOT rated by the ESRB. These trolls are clearly breaking the TOS. Sega HAS a TOS in place which must be followed.

My bad, I guess you are right about that. I did look at the TOS and it does seem like it's noted that Hateful / Sexual Content isn't allowed. Thanks for pointing that out.

@Rzarcasm said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

This is SUCH a great idea! @GM-Rappie

User generated content that needs to be manually approved...

Sure it would "deffinitely"* stop one specific feature abuse, but it would also make a gigantic tedious system for the PSO2 team to manange - not to mention limit how much SA's can be created. At that point may as well make it a feature only paying premium membership players can use.

I've said this idea in another thread, but simply say play time gating(not AFK activities) SA would significantly reduce abuse(if needed) - best of all that does not add a gigantic system for the PSO2 team to manage. For example needing one very high level character or the like, which would take a while to do. (used leveling as just an example, I'm not actually sure just how long would take to get to say 70 etc)

Trying to eliminate abuses 100% in my opinion is just impractical, and for this case would limit people making SA's. Not that I know anything about available resource's/manpower - that the PSO2 team has or don't have lol.

*funny thing about "deffinitely", there would highly likely still be approved things that someone will have an issue with - so even more stress for the PSO2 team. (as a little side note "keep everyone safe"... whenever you're "online", there is always a possibility of being "unsafe". Not an excuse for any inaction, but just saying)

As far as I've noticed, the JP server "bans" Symbol Arts, I don't know how they do it, and it's not perfect, but I guess people reporting them makes them banned, I've tried some time to send an explicit Symbol from my history to a friend and it would not display (then I edited it and saved it as a new one and sent it anyway).

I saw plenty of lewd symbol arts on server 1, so it's definitely not a server 1 vs. server 2 issue thing. I don't know about manually approving individual symbols, that would take too long and keep the GMs busy with tons of nothing and/or cause the annoyances to move on to ascii art. If you ban the player they'll just create a new account. Your best best is to just block the character if they annoy you and minimize it.

Aside from that...

In the PSU days I remember many long days of grinding where (for example) a couple of black guys would join my solo run and call each other the "n" word (and various other rude things) until the end before they moved on to another area. The proper reaction is to shrug. It may be "rude", but their comments were neither aimed at me nor intended to hurt me (or each other). Most people like this would be courteous when addressing me regardless of how they addressed or treated each other. What are you going to do, ban them for disrespecting themselves? Learn to be the adult and let it go. You'll be much happier if you stop believing the world is out to make you uncomfortable.

I'm all for respect, but let's not turn the game into an SJW ban-war.

I feel like I was in a bubble all weekend after reading these post. Played almost all weekend and only seen 2 symbol art on ship 2 and one Alliances with art.

There is no room for harassment and talk of pedophilia IMO.

I think the best thing would be active GM in Chat policing this stuff then have to have it approved on top of reporting systems. I think LoL does something like that were if someone is reported there chat is reviewed to see what they say. this way player can have all the quick chat picture art they want between friends but if they take it outside there bubble that were they should be hit and hit hard "reported"

@Policroma-Sol said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

I'm all for respect, but let's not turn the game into an SJW ban-war.

The latter is easy to avoid if people just report instead of getting righteous indignation as if they are on twitter. And believe me all the delusional hero complex and unconstructive irony has crippled discussion among modern day internet users.

The problem is not the game, but its the users trying to bring their posting habits from horrible social media sites. Its pretty cringeworthy to see the same angry and idiotic posts from people who are not funny and just seeking attention because of a personality deficiency. The same goes for people who get angry at reportworthy posts for far longer than it can be considered healthy. Anyways we're all pso players, not a bunch of bitter people from decaying social media sites.

Have fun guys, don't allow any negative experiences turn you like embittered old people, when there is so much to enjoy in this game. Until ultra hard hits and we all cry about it.😁

I don't see what the big deal is, it's obviously a few bad people as opposed to a mass problem. Just report and blacklist then move along, there's no reason to impose stricter rules when there's so many options to hide in-game chat, Symbol Arts, and blacklist people.

Since I'm just waiting for PC, weren't able to see much myself - in terms of if this is even a huge problem.

But yeah I'll chime in as well, in making clear I don't want to see stricter rules/systems being put in place either - if they aren't actually needed. Also I would hope people are able to just make use of that "report" and "block" buttons etc...

@MachineQueen

@MachineQueen said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

These issues need to be addressed, from the get-go. Allowing it to grow will not only hurt the players, but it'll do damage to the game itself.

That only happens because the mods are japanese on the JP version. The rules here are enforced by English speaking mods.

also for anyone else that is new here this is a tip that is often forgotten now from a time before twitter. Limit how much you tell others of your personal details, people were too trusting on the jp version and had their personal life details snitched out to people who wanted to harass them. Letting people know personal details of you without them earning it, just allows them to judge you without them knowing you, or just treading nervously when they try to make conversation. which defeats the purpose of playing a social game because its all about the game and the fun. My Friends both English and japanese back in pso2jp were happy to have friends who just know their playing styles and often ignored bad blocks. They made the best of it. We often did unorthodox builds we all came from different places but loved playing emergency quests and having bizzare costume rappy parades with 20+ people from different guilds because they are pretty dead over there.