Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat

Moderators desperately need to handle all of the players continually spamming sexual and hateful comments in general chat. Please. PLEASE.

This is a MAJOR problem in PSO2 JP and many of those players continue to bring that spirit to this version of the game.

Currently block 31 is nothing but hateful messages and sexual comments during Quna concert.

Blacklist / use the in-game report feature. That's all you can really do.

@oldColdReactive said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

That only works to a degree, given the level of lewd symbol art spamming. The other interesting part is that because PSO2 is a relatively niche game, it also tends to attract relatively niche types....including, unfortunately, active racial hate groups. I actually ran into a full squad of them once on PSO2JP server 2, and they weren't shy about their beliefs either.

@Vicodin-Villian What you're saying is exactly the issue. There are many active hate groups in PSO2JP, and just from the few days online, its become apparent that they intend to bring that level of content towards the NA release. Its not even a small problem -- its easy to see in any large lobby that has more than just a small handful of people.

These issues need to be addressed, from the get-go. Allowing it to grow will not only hurt the players, but it'll do damage to the game itself.

@MachineQueen said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

@Vicodin-Villian What you're saying is exactly the issue. There are many active hate groups in PSO2JP, and just from the few days online, its become apparent that they intend to bring that level of content towards the NA release. Its not even a small problem -- its easy to see in any large lobby that has more than just a small handful of people.

These issues need to be addressed, from the get-go. Allowing it to grow will not only hurt the players, but it'll do damage to the game itself.

I strongly agree with you; there should be an active method of taking down hateful or offensive content, up to and including account suspension upon reviews of reports. Hate should have no place in a game like PSO2, and it's only going to get worse what with VOIP being built directly into the english launch of the game.

I think this issue was largely ignored on PSO2JP because the overwhelming majority of players on PSO2JP speak Japanese and only Japanese, or have a limited understanding of the language which allows such treatment to slip by. It cannot be ignored here, however.

The irony is that back when I played PSO Blue Burst and Phantasy Star Universe between 2002 and 2010, I don't remember nearly that level of offensive or deliberately hateful content in symbol art.

Agree. Something needs to be done about this. Had a guy during concert going on and on about "little boys". And his buddies kept making sexist comments about the NPC singing. They basically ruined the concert for me. I know it's only a beta but I expect a system to be in place for full release to report these fools and have them banned/suspended.

Too be fair, I didn't really see much of this in the beta and I was playing for the full 30 hours. I may of only seen around 3 Arts that were sexual but that's really about it and didn't really bug me all that much as I'll normally just blacklist them. As @oldColdReactive Said, There is a Blacklist and report button if you feel that it's a problem.

Edit: @Vicodin-Villian The irony is that back when I played PSO Blue Burst and Phantasy Star Universe between 2002 and 2010, I don't remember nearly that level of offensive or deliberately hateful content in symbol art. Back on the Xbox 360 PSU this was a huge problem as that's all you seen on the Demo, Not as much on the full game but it was still pretty high up there.

I saw countless amounts of it and did all the reporting I could, but especially during the concert, there was so much that I couldn't enjoy it because of how much hateful fill was filling the screen. It ruined it for me too @MegaDrive-OS

Hey guys! Please report this type of behavior to our support system. (https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us) If possible please provide a screenshot, the ship name you are on, the character's name you are reporting, etc. We want to make sure this game is enjoyable for everyone!

@Vicodin-Villian said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

@oldColdReactive said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

That only works to a degree, given the level of lewd symbol art spamming. The other interesting part is that because PSO2 is a relatively niche game, it also tends to attract relatively niche types....including, unfortunately, active racial hate groups. I actually ran into a full squad of them once on PSO2JP server 2, and they weren't shy about their beliefs either.

I got targeted one time because I was french canadian in one of the lobby, back like at ep 2. Some English and French(France) told me somme stuff, so yeah, my BL got to 0 to 7.

But yeah, juste take screen shoot and BL them. When you BL them you can see their ID too.

I saw countless amounts of it and did all the reporting I could, but especially during the concert, there was so much that I couldn't enjoy it because of how much hateful fill was filling the screen. It ruined it for me too

I totally agree. I was actually excited about the concert, only to have it ruined by so many others...

@GM-Rappie said in Continuous hateful and sexual content in chat:

Hey guys! Please report this type of behavior to our support system. (https://support.pso2.com/hc/en-us) If possible please provide a screenshot, the ship name you are on, the character's name you are reporting, etc. We want to make sure this game is enjoyable for everyone!

We appreciate you chiming in GM Rappie but the problem is that even with reporting its still extremely prevalent. We know yall are doing your absolute best to keep the game safe for everyone but its so difficult to just report when the problems are so widespread. These problems can't just be solved from the user-end. That's why I'm hoping the people on the dev side can do more.

We appreciate you chiming in GM Rappie but the problem is that even with reporting its still extremely prevalent. We know yall are doing your absolute best to keep the game safe for everyone but its so difficult to just report when the problems are so widespread. These problems can't just be solved from the user-end. That's why I'm hoping the people on the dev side can do more.

Thanks for your feedback! I will go ahead and send this info to the development team to see what can be done. Thank you everyone for playing the beta and providing feedback!

Thanks for your feedback! I will go ahead and send this info to the development team to see what can be done. Thank you everyone for playing the beta and providing feedback!

Thank you, GM Rappie. That really means a lot to all us players. There's already lots of other threads popping up about players experiencing the exact same type of content, so getting a response from a GM really matters a lot.

I'm going to second @MachineQueen. Kudos to the devs for getting such a smooth beta, absent the server hiccups friday night, but ship 02 in particular seems to be a hotbed of what MachineQueen described. Not five minutes into my session this evening I saw harassment of other players. Not even necessarily obscene harrasment, but the beginnings most certainly of events that could lead to a much more toxic playerbase and community.