Now game won't launch after logging out

@Kismayaz said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

Having the same issue as described by OP. Logged off to see if I can change the text size through the launcher, and now I can't even get the launcher to start. MS Store goes from checking files, calculating download size, almost ready, then back to downloading. I'm trying the "Repair" feature that Daigoji mentioned, however it has been "repairing" with the circles moving for almost an hour now.

Like many, I have been excited for this release, and actually updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 just so I could play this game. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Sorry you're having these issues. I just exited game myself and dreading having a restart issue after dinner.

Quick question, when you updated to Win10 how recent was it? Did you fully download and install all the required updated drivers for your devices, mobo, etc. Also have you run Windows 10 Update a few times? Just want to rule out it isn't a Win10 update issue.

I also was able to login,then after the game stops loading. Looking through event viewer I seem this error repeated

"Faulting application name: pso2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ecbe8f6 Faulting module name: xgameruntime.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1870, time stamp: 0x4cf7c9be Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x00000000000f6492 Faulting process id: 0x634 Faulting application start time: 0x01d6347d1ca071d8 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\xgameruntime.dll Report Id: 3664b670-67e6-454f-95f1-3bcbb0e5c469 Faulting package full name: 100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j Faulting package-relative application ID: Game "

@Fr0sted7 said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

Faulting application name: pso2.exe,

Do you have AV software installed? Was any other error logged in the viewer? Those types of errors are usually caused by corrupted DLL issues. Hmm.

No AV installed outside of windows defender. Sadly no other error is showing either. Now when I launch the game regular or in administrator, the game does not even launch.

@Fr0sted7 Try rebooting. Do a soft-reboot from start menu. Come back and let us know if that works if you haven't done so already.

Now I am really dreading trying to restart after dinner.

I just rebooted several times,no change. When I click the icon it sits with this icon/loading bar and never actually launches. https://imgur.com/a/KB3JmP7

This is what the icon looks like in my windows menu.

Can confirm i'm seeing the same thing @Fr0sted7 is.

Trying to run repair now but it seems jammed up in an infinte loop of not actually repairing.

@TexZero Mine is doing the same thing. Just a spinning wheel of joy=no. I know this is day 1 and issues are gonna happen,its just really frustrating when I feel my PC is being borked because of it.

@Fr0sted7 said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

I just rebooted several times,no change. When I click the icon it sits with this icon/loading bar and never actually launches. https://imgur.com/a/KB3JmP7

This is what the icon looks like in my windows menu.

It looks like it is processing something... check task manager, do you see app activity?

@TexZero said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

Can confirm i'm seeing the same thing @Fr0sted7 is.

Trying to run repair now but it seems jammed up in an infinte loop of not actually repairing.

The repair takes a bit. It took like 20 minutes for me. It covertly seems like it re-downloads some stuff, but can't be too sure (e.g. like an integrity check on Steam)

@Daigoji-Gai said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

@Kismayaz said in Now game won't launch after logging out:

Having the same issue as described by OP. Logged off to see if I can change the text size through the launcher, and now I can't even get the launcher to start. MS Store goes from checking files, calculating download size, almost ready, then back to downloading. I'm trying the "Repair" feature that Daigoji mentioned, however it has been "repairing" with the circles moving for almost an hour now.

Like many, I have been excited for this release, and actually updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 just so I could play this game. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

Sorry you're having these issues. I just exited game myself and dreading having a restart issue after dinner.

Quick question, when you updated to Win10 how recent was it? Did you fully download and install all the required updated drivers for your devices, mobo, etc. Also have you run Windows 10 Update a few times? Just want to rule out it isn't a Win10 update issue.

Yesterday lol. I haven't installed any updated drivers that I know of, but I will run a driver checking program to be sure. It has updated some stuff through Windows Update, but I've restarted since, and the only other issue I've been having is after logging into Windows, I get a black screen with my cursor for a few minutes where it would usually just boot me right in to my desktop.

I am now getting the 2nd error on the IMGUR link Attached regarding the app could not open https://imgur.com/a/KB3JmP7

@Daigoji-Gai Nah it wasn't a matter of waiting. It wasn't doing anything.

Restarted my machine, loaded up windows store, forced a check of the install. Now i'm sitting at re-downloading 2 updates. These issue seem to be linked. You'll loop having an unresponsive app with updating on for the update to do absolutely nothing but corrupt the install and go back to a clean install or re-validating it.

I can't even get the darn thing to uninstall right now. considering just throwing in the towel and going to bed

Phantasy Star Online 2 can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.