Cancelled startup of pso2updater.exe. The file will not be updated.

Unfortunately, I can't get the game's launcher to work. I installed the game from the store, then as soon as I managed to see the main launcher screen, I got error 1813. After following the instructions in this post, I managed to get past error 1813, but now I'm getting this error:

alt text

My Windows 10 is updated to the latest version, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Microsoft Store, as well as all the Xbox apps, I've already tried restarting my PC, my GPU drivers are up-to-date, but nothing works.

same here.... may just this game suck

same here, that sucks. cant solve it

I found an solution for this prob. There was a "mutablebackup" folder under the mutable folder in windowsapp. I deleted all that was inside except "win32" ( somehow couldnt delete it, tried hard ) and then uninstalled again and re downloaded again. Now the error didnt occur and the launcher is open and im patching. Now I went to the mutable folder and clicked on every new data that came into the folder with "take ownership" ( with that one app ) and that seems to work.

how can I unistall this?

OMFG about a day trying to install and play an now works with that!!! Dude I love u 😃

@Majosami Your instructions did get me into the game and to character creation, so thank you very much! It remains to be seen if everything else will work fine, but things are looking promising, and the fact that I'm past that error at least makes me so relieved.

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall and re install the game without having to manually delete the folders, since if I do that afterwards when I try to re download it gives some MS error. Also could you explain in a little more details what did you exactly do?

Thanks

Guys i've had this error a couple times, it's anoying to uninstall and re install almost every week to play the game :C they should fix this. I think it happens whenever they update/patch the game

i have this problem too and i am on steam, does anyone have a solution for this ?

since yesterday i'm having the same problem through steam, if someone figure it out please send some help

same problem here like pocastrancas i can't even start trough steam can someone help or know when they gonna fix it i started play this game couple days ago and im realy REALY started to love it but now i can't even start my game ps. im sry my english is bad

My fellow steam users. I also had the same problem. Fixed by doing the following:

1 - Start PSO2 by steam as usual. On the screen that says "Back", just prior to the error window, do not click "Back". Leave the window open and the program running.

2 - Locate your PSO2 installation folder. Generally, it'd be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM".

3 - Right click on the pso2_bin folder, go to the "Security" tab, "Advanced" options.

4 - On the window that opens, check the box at the very bottom, "Substitute all permission entries of objects" or something. Click apply.

5 - Wait for it to end. It might take a while, it's a big folder. You might have to click "continue" on the following windows several times. Don't worry, it happened for me. It won't impact the game.

6 - After it's done, you're halfway through. Close the PSO2 game you had open. Don't open it again until later, you'll have to do the same steps from 4 one more time, now with the game not running in the background.

7 - After it's done for the second time, open the game through steam again. Did it and it's working like magic. Don't ask me why. I can't understand why the heck it works like this. But it worked for me and others. A thank you to Faith Games for doing a youtube tutorial on the issue (it's in portuguese). I'm playing now thanks to him.

@Wild-Yoshi dude.....you are the best ! thanks a lot, mate !

@Wild-Yoshi My Man!

Thank's a lot Mate, this should be upvoted a ton.

Cheers!