Wow, everyone is really mad right now

@LilPika ARKS layer? wtf is that?

It's a mmo.

This always happens.

Fix your PC.

Mine works fine.

Just buy an Xbawx

What other things do apologists say everyone? Lets make a list of the pathetic excuses folks come up with!

@FacetedBead9628 You don't know what Arks Layer is? Have you not seen the front page of the forums today or something? Go look. It's a fan patcher that was originally used to play the JP version and grab the english patched. They now offer support for the NA players with broken stores or permissions.

It's a work around for those who are having problems with the game. Stop getting angry over a F2P game man, it's a real bad look. You'll be able to play really, really soon and you'll be embarrassed by how you acted, assuming you have a shred of self-awareness.

@LilPika That ARKS Layer sounds like a dodgey solution to an already unstable installation. But i guess i'll take a look and see if i can find what you're talking about.

f2p game? I've got 6 and a 1/2 grand in my bank account currently. Most of it's for the new threadripper, but the rest of it is for anyone that earns it.

I'm not going to be embarrassed about anything, you think anything would get done if no-one complained? Nonsense.

If people never had Tweaker and Arks Layer team never made one, people would never say JP launcher is much better than NA

@LilPika said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@FacetedBead9628 Hold up. Are you actually stupid? The guy is giving me shit and has been giving everyone shit across the whole forum and hijacks threads unrelated to his problem. I'm giving him a dismissive post because he's not contributing and failing to bait people into his little rant.

So yeah, call me self centred if you like I guess. I just don't have patience for ignorant cucks who act like a video game is their god damned identity. You'll BOTH be back in a matter of hours downloading it via the Arks Layer updater or the store when it's fixed and you won't even think of this again. Don't worry, you'll get your video game.

Get over yourself.

@Shrynne Pump your breaks, take a deep breathe and relax. It's a video game. It's a bad launch. You'll forget all about this in a matter of days\weeks. If you really can't wait, you can download the Arks Layer tweaker if you're having problems as it now supports the NA version. Either way, this is now a big fat non-issue.

Mate, a bad launch usually does not threaten my computer drive...... Also, this is bad launch by lazy or "don't care" attitude: 90% of the problems you find them by TRYING TO OPEN THE GAME.
Have they ever tested this before telling people is ok to download it? wtf....

The Tweaker solves some issues but there are others that remain, like, even with tweaker, the game can still nuke itself after computer reboot. Mate, this is nuts.

I'll wait until they fixed everything, if they don't i guess i wont play. And its a shame because i was really looking for it.

Lets see. Should I have any issues with a PRODUCT from the maker of an operating system... on a clean install of said os? No. But just hitting install in the microsoft store gave me an error, one that was like "well good luck it could be anything!", had to reboot and it worked. Now I have to hope the game will even work.

My guess is the sole reason for the delay of the pc version was due to trying to make it work with gfwl 1.5 here.

@DistortedAura1 Steam had an issue like that time ago:

They pulled out the game the first day, gave back all the money and tell the company of the product "to fix the game or it won't be back on steam".

For me the guilty part of this mess are both PSO2 company and microsoft.

The first for not testing and the second for not caring at all.

@LapisWave actually the normal launcher for the game is not 10gb, it's just a small exe that downloads the game. That would have worked just fine on steam, as do many other games on steam. it's changing it to a 10GB app that's causing new headaches as well as the same old ones from the first launch.

@FacetedBead9628 omg 6 and a half grand, can you introduce me to Bill Gates?

@Derp-Flerpens Can't pay if you can't play.

@Derp-Flerpens said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@LapisWave actually the normal launcher for the game is not 10gb, it's just a small exe that downloads the game. That would have worked just fine on steam, as do many other games on steam. it's changing it to a 10GB app that's causing new headaches as well as the same old ones from the first launch.

I am saying is, JP Launcher was pretty bad too when it came down on installing files from them without Tweaker. I am aware of the WindowsApp/ModifiedWindowsApp folder messing it for everyone atm.

@FacetedBead9628 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@BigBigu If you waited 2920 days already, what's a few more? It ain't going anywhere. It's shit mind, but it ain't going anywhere.

@AyAyyRon Shame that mate, I've been having loads of fun with it. Hope you fix your PC soon.

This self centered asshole. Very high IQ takes. Not at all flaming.

You have no idea.

The thing with All those other MMOs that are listed with crappy launches, is that they all share one thing in common: They're all disc based installations.

So unless you didn't meet the requirements or something, the game installed, and booted up. Now you may not have been able to connect to the server, maybe due to server overload or some graphical glitches, but how many of those disc based MMO installs gave you error codes saying that its missing a file? or uninstalled itself after you installed it? or (in my case) didn't bring up the launcher at all after the 11gb portion downloaded? None of them, because they're all older disc based games you installed onto your HDD from a disc.

This is defiantly one of the worst launches for an online game i've seen, as it feels like it wasn't tested and just placed on the store with the idea that it works on a console, should work on a PC. I remember Age of Conan being a PITA, but at least it was installed on the PC fine and launched, just ran at a solid 10fps haha.

Another example of a bad online launch was the original launch for Hellgate: London (anyone remember that?) Once again, at least it was able to be installed.

I've already tried PSO2 when they had the Asian servers with the English patch already in the game for like a week before the forgot to region lock it haha, and while I only got a week to play the game, I had ZERO issues downloading and installing it, and that was on their launch day. It's a bummer, it'll get fixed. I'm just more confused than anything on how something like this went unchecked or unnoticed.

Oh well, I still have GW2 to play until they get everything fixed.

same here i am also mad, i can't eat lolis* today lol

@Shrynne

You forgot to mention that folks that made an alternate and faster installation process has done this for 8 years supporting the game, and has recently supported the NA player base with that very same tweaker, helping them get in, in less than a day than what Microsoft/SEGA was able to do.