Wow, everyone is really mad right now

Never a dull moment on the forums with launches.

If WoW, a game with the biggest funding for MMORPG's, has lag on their expansion launches then any MMO can have it.

It really feels like this is everyone's first MMO lol.

@GamerKillance I think you hit tha nail on the head. This is probably a lot of people's first MMO launch. I'd bet a lot of them just joined PSO2 JP after it had been going on for a while.

@GamerKillance It's one thing to have problems with lag or entering servers, it's another thing entirely having problems even installing or opening the game (or uninstalling leaving residual data that is hard to delete).

Some of the issues are not because it's a MMO launch, they're because of the MS Store (not all of the issues, of course).

@GamerKillance said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

If WoW, a game with the biggest funding for MMORPG's, has lag on their expansion launches then any MMO can have it.

See, WoW launches were fresh.

PSO2 Launch is literally copy paste, with english translations. JP already fixed the issues, but microsoft said "Let's take this already questionable launcher, and put it into our blender of an app called mIcRoSoFt sToRe". Now what you get is a broken pile of crap.

This shouldn't even be an issue, the game is 8 years old. Don't compare a fresh game launch to a copy paste launch.

@AyAyyRon Take a break, mate. We get it, you don't like the store. Spamming every thread with how much you hate it isn't changing the fact you'll have to use it for at least a little bit.

@Lorient1755 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@GamerKillance I think you hit tha nail on the head. This is probably a lot of people's first MMO launch. I'd bet a lot of them just joined PSO2 JP after it had been going on for a while.

All mmo's have bad launched therefore it's fine dont complain. Sound logic, lets all praise mediocrity. The status quo is adequate even when its failed.

@LilPika said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@Miraglyth I think you're living up to your icon there, mate.

The reason you didn't get in at the launch was because they wanted to test the Xbox servers in isolation. The PC version has been out 8 years. It didn't need testing for stability issues.

Lets go ahead and say...yes the pc version needed testing because they can't even let most people download the client...let alone even get to the start screen...PC got treated like crap...and still are.

As someone who was there for the JP launch, I can tell you it was indescribably horrendous with the endless file corruptions and redownloads. Then, they found a way to make the process a bit better, and it's not a problem on JP anymore. Then MS went and had to make the launcher a frigging app which is hanging and causing file corruption issues because the store thinks the app is gone and tries to redownload over the current install and breaks it, and because of the way the PSO2 launcher is that means you have to reinstall the ENTIRE GAME. This on top of the fact they felt they didn't need to test PC and so put it on the backburner til they were done testing XBOX, and now everything is a mess. That is if you can even get it to start or download to begin with. This is solely on Microsoft for forcing everything to be fit to their platform instead of just translating the damn game.

@Derp-Flerpens said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

As someone who was there for the JP launch, I can tell you it was indescribably horrendous with the endless file corruptions and redownloads. Then, they found a way to make the process a bit better, and it's not a problem on JP anymore. Then MS went and had to make the launcher a frigging app which is hanging and causing file corruption issues because the store thinks the app is gone and tries to redownload over the current install and breaks it, and because of the way the PSO2 launcher is that means you have to reinstall the ENTIRE GAME. This on top of the fact they felt they didn't need to test PC and so put it on the backburner til they were done testing XBOX, and now everything is a mess. That is if you can even get it to start or download to begin with. This is solely on Microsoft for forcing everything to be fit to their platform instead of just translating the damn game.

It's to bad Microsoft won't pull their head out of their butt.

@FacetedBead9628 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@Lorient1755 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

All mmo's have bad launched therefore it's fine dont complain. Sound logic, lets all praise mediocrity. The status quo is adequate even when its failed.

That's a nice strawman you have there, make sure to keep it away from fire.

Nobody said don't report errors and give constructive criticism. But most of the complaints are "THE SKY IS FALLING I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME THE SECOND IT COMES OUT". I've been fighting with issues for 5 hours without being able to launch. Am I frustrated? Yes. Will cursing the devs make my game work any faster? No.

Good! It's from a photo of an actual hat I own, and it looks slammin'.

I could capably embarrass every single sentence in your post, but let's just focus on the one that really matters.

The reason you didn't get in at the launch was because they wanted to test the Xbox servers in isolation. The PC version has been out 8 years. It didn't need testing for stability issues.

And then today happened, proving that user testing was completely necessary as we got quadruple-screwed by not being able to test, not getting rewarded for testing, having to wait for the full release, and finally getting a calamitous release whose issues would have been caught by the testing that didn't happen.

That's... quite incredible for no testing being needed, I have to say.

I'll say it again - the only appropriate compensation here would be a global distribution of all the beta items to all accounts, to signify recognition (and remedy one part) of the compounded impact of mistakenly excluding PC from testing.

@Miraglyth said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

Good! It's from a photo of an actual hat I own, and it looks slammin'.

I could capably embarrass every single sentence in your post, but let's just focus on the one that really matters.

And then today happened, proving that user testing was completely necessary as we got quadruple-screwed by not being able to test, not getting rewarded for testing, having to wait for the full release, and finally getting a calamitous release whose issues would have been caught by the testing that didn't happen.

That's... quite incredible for no testing being needed, I have to say.

I'll say it again - the only appropriate compensation here would be a global distribution of all the beta items to all accounts, to signify recognition (and remedy one part) of the compounded impact of mistakenly excluding PC from testing.

They aren't bringing back the beta items. There likely won't be a compensation either for day 1 lag. Most MMORPG's don't compensate for lag so why would sega/MS?

They aren't bringing back the beta items. There likely won't be a compensation either for day 1 lag. Most MMORPG's don't compensate for lag so why would sega/MS?

Except it's not just "day 1 lag", there's issues with downloading the game, installing the game, opening the game and even uninstalling the game (leaving residual data that is hard to delete, thanks to the MS store).

They aren't bringing back the beta items. There likely won't be a compensation either for day 1 lag.

Oh I know. To do so would mean not treating us as second-rate, after all. As a reminder they compensated Closed Beta players and that was for issues that they did expect.

Well that's a failure considering how the servers are shitting themselves.