Wow, everyone is really mad right now

@AyAyyRon No matie. Come on, keep up here. Let me lay this out for in child speak. This is not a new game but it IS a fresh distribution method. Essentially a "new" launch.

The game (that's PSO2) isn't the problem. The GAME (Again, that's PSO2) runs just fine, and that's because it's been running since 2012 or whenever it was. The GAME is fine.

Right you got that? Now this is the hard bit, pay attention now:

The distribution method (That's the STORE! The Microsoft Store!) however is not. The GAME (PSO2) has NEVER EVER been distributed via this method (The MS Store) and this is creating new, unique issues no one expected at a professional level. Do you follow now? These are NEW bugs because of the distribution method. Not the game.

Now did you understand it that time? Yeesh.

@LilPika said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@AyAyyRon No matie. Come on, keep up here. Let me lay this out for in child speak. This is not a new game but it IS a fresh distribution method. Essentially a "new" launch.

The game (that's PSO2) isn't the problem. The GAME (Again, that's PSO2) runs just fine, and that's because it's been running since 2012 or whenever it was. The GAME is fine.

Right you got that? Now this is the hard bit, pay attention now:

The distribution method (That's the STORE! The Microsoft Store!) however is not. The GAME (PSO2) has NEVER EVER been distributed via this method (The MS Store) and this is creating new, unique issues no one expected at a professional level. Do you follow now? These are NEW bugs because of the distribution method. Not the game.

Now did you understand it that time? Yeesh.

What you fail to understand is it's on both parties. JP launcher was ALREADY questionable, but again you don't know anything. When you put a ALREADY questionable launcher into a shitty store you get problems.

You know what would alleviate a lot of issues? Opening a ship!

You didn't know that either. It's okay to be wrong.

@Soulpuppet Pretty much every MMO up to about WoW.

Hell some after. Do you remember the mess that was Anthem? That got so bad it took out Origin it self. But here are some major ones I remember over the years.

• Anarchy Online litterally didn't work, you couldn't subscribe and it was laggy to the point of unplayable. The game launched on June 27 2001. It wasn't playable until July 3rd. Never recovered it's player base and became a niche little game. Still around today. Still niche.

• WoW - Had so many server issues they had to stop selling the game because they couldn't get servers up fast enough. Somehow still has issues every expansion launch.

• Vanguard - Look into this. Fecking everything went wrong and then all the staff were fired. Shuttered. One of the worst development stories in the industry.

• APB - Infamous. Rife with hacking from second one and full of exploits to the point it sank the original dev THREE weeks into launch. Now a hacking tool testing ground.

• FFXIV V1.0 - You know this one. So bad they closed the game down for years to remake it. Shuttered and replaced by a totally different game.

• SWG - So overcrowded servers wouldn't stay up and you couldn't log in for weeks. Eventually recovered but then NGE happened and killed it.

• Age of Conan - A massive bait and switch that went from a normal MMO until a sandbox at level 20. Haemorrhaged players once they hit 20. Never recovered.

• Aion - 7 hour log in queues and instant DCs when you did get in. Took about a month to fix.

If you think this is a bad launch because of a distribution method feck up (It's not even the game that's the problem) that will be fixed very very soon.... Well I wish I could go back to being so innocent and naive about this industry.

The difference between those launches and this one, is that most of these games has their own separate launcher and didn't have to go through third party store launchers with terrible infrastructures to the point of breaking their games,

@Wusscake yeah ok bad launch happen all the time in online games and im fine with it, BUT this game is totally not optimize for PC and it fucked up a lot of people PC...MS is big garbage.

@Kofi9867 Annnnd that makes it okay because?

As I said to the simpleton above you, the issues here are because of the distribution method. But this is hardly the worst MMO launch, which was my original point. There have been many more considerably worse launches than an issue that'll be fixed in very short order I imagine.

Those who get the game installed have no problems. The people with problems are having them at the distribution point.

My point is, again, this is hardly "the worst launch" and if you think it is, like I said, I wish I could go back to that.

@AyAyyRon Put the goalposts down and go take a breather mate, you're embarrassing yourself now. The problem is the store, the game is fine. I don't know how many more ways I can type that until you understand it.

Address the points made or don't respond.

@LilPika When you put it into perspective of it being an 8 YEAR OLD GAME, yeah this launch is terrible. There is no second chance, no do over. Have you seen the ratings for this game? So much bad press about it, and they still won't say shit.

The silence of Sega is really bad tho, if they were at least telling something the fire would be smaller

@AyAyyRon Put the goalposts down and go take a breather mate, you're embarrassing yourself now. The problem is the store, the game is fine. I don't know how many more ways I can type that until you understand it.

Address the points made or don't respond.

Game issue: Not enough space for players

Do you see the Game Issue? Right above this?

Store issue: It's MS store, what the hell did you expect?

That's a Store issue, see how it's labeled Store issue?

@BigBigu While it's a bit poopy they're not responding, it's a free to play game and they don't really owe anyone anything. Though that's not me excusing them, the reality is the problem sits with MS's store, not SEGA. And even if they did speak to us it'd be nothing but the following: "Yeah it's crap isn't it. We're aware of the problem and we're working on a fix. Please continue to be patient while we fix it."

And tbh they may as well say nothing at all at that point and just fix it.

People who think MS Store is the problem:

Steam would have been the same because you download 11 GB of launcher and then you go right to PSO2 official launcher which downloads 60 GB then uninstalls it because PSO2 Launcher says piss off.

what this NA launch needed was Closed Beta and Open Beta, before this launch, and SEGA of Japan didn't want to call for that. That is SEGA's end. Period.

@Kofi9867 Annnnd that makes it okay because?

As I said to the simpleton above you, the issues here are because of the distribution method. But this is hardly the worst MMO launch, which was my original point. There have been many more considerably worse launches than an issue that'll be fixed in very short order I imagine.

Those who get the game installed have no problems. The people with problems are having them at the distribution point.

My point is, again, this is hardly "the worst launch" and if you think it is, like I said, I wish I could go back to that.

Duh. And it is the worst launch for a game. When your players can't access a game because the distribution partner and the devs can't get their priorities straight, then the game hasn't "launched" it flopped, and it flopped hard.

At least there was communication for the other MMORPGs you've listed, some didn't succeed, and others made haste to correct themselves and pull themselves out of trouble. And at LEAST people could get into the games, despite whatever flaws the games themselves had. PSO2 though, happens to stop you just before you get to the gate! SEGA/Microsoft though are once again, pulling a PSU/Halo move with this game.

@LapisWave "11GB of launcher"

Jesus H. I don't even know how to dignify that with a response. I am dumbfounded you actually believe that. The reason the launcher is wiping it is well know. It's because of a permissions screw up and the MS Store attempts to remove it and reinstall from a backup it doesn't have.

Feck me. Eleven Gig of patcher. God DAMN.

@Kofi9867 I assume you skimmed over Anthem taking down Origin for a day and Anarchy being unplayable for 4-5 days there, in that one.

I love cherry picked arguments. And no it stops YOU from getting in the game. Not everyone. It will be fixed and you'll be back and this will all be a long forgotten memory in a matter of weeks. And if that's NOT the case, why are you still here? You're basically shouting into the void right now.

@LilPika yeah wait couple more weeks for a game we already waited 8 years, feels bad man -_-'