Wow, everyone is really mad right now

@Ninja53595 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@LilPika said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@Miraglyth I think you're living up to your icon there, mate.

The reason you didn't get in at the launch was because they wanted to test the Xbox servers in isolation. The PC version has been out 8 years. It didn't need testing for stability issues.

Well that's a failure considering how the servers are shitting themselves.

If only there was a way...to open another server.

Nono, that's just asking for to much apparently.

Everyone saying that this is like every other MMO launch. LOL I can't remember a time when an MMO was placed on a store as an exclusive for crossplay, only for the store's infrastructure to basically mess up the game itself. When I think of a terrible launch, I simply think of servers crashing and the devs needing to make more, not... this.

@GamerKillance said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

They aren't bringing back the beta items.

So... I just checked my visiphone and got the Open Beta item set. Flowen's Sword, Astral Riser and so on. I also got a second Fresh Aura along with the one from the Windows 10 launch. Did everyone else get that? 'cause if so it looks like they brought back half of the beta items.

Honestly, that really makes up for the day and getting pressured into starting on Ship 3. I'm feeling much better now. Thanks PSO2 team!

@Kofi9867 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

Everyone saying that this is like every other MMO launch. LOL I can't remember a time when an MMO was placed on a store as an exclusive for crossplay, only for the store's infrastructure to basically mess up the game itself. When I think of a terrible launch, I simply think of servers crashing and the devs needing to make more, not... this.

And this isn't even a "new" game lol It's been out for how many years? 8? I've never seen such a bad game launch in my entire gaming life.

@Miasu said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

And this isn't even a "new" game lol It's been out for how many years? 8? I've never seen such a bad game launch in my entire gaming life.

Exactly.

@Miraglyth said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@GamerKillance said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

They aren't bringing back the beta items.

So... I just checked my visiphone and got the Open Beta item set. Flowen's Sword, Astral Riser and so on. I also got a second Fresh Aura along with the one from the Windows 10 launch. Did everyone else get that? 'cause if so it looks like they brought back half of the beta items.

Honestly, that really makes up for the day and getting pressured into starting on Ship 3. I'm feeling much better now. Thanks PSO2 team!

Really? Awesome!

@Miasu said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

Exactly.

When 10000 people into a single door there will be issues. Currentlg happening right now to the servers.

@Ninja53595 Please pay attention. PC issues right now are not stability or even functionality related. They are to do almost wholly with the distribution method.

Something they didn't consider an issue due to how many apps are downloaded daily on the MS Store. This is an unforseen bug that's not the fault of PSO2 but instead of the MS Store. A totally different group of people than the ones who run this.

@Miasu Then you must be very young.

@Miasu Then you must be very young.

Please tell me what game has been worse? Any launch that was bad for me it was fixed within the day...It's been over 30hrs with nothing being said and no solution. Please tell me something that has been worse than this launch.

@Ninja53595 Please pay attention. PC issues right now are not stability or even functionality related. They are to do almost wholly with the distribution method.

Something they didn't consider an issue due to how many apps are downloaded daily on the MS Store. This is an unforseen bug that's not the fault of PSO2 but instead of the MS Store. A totally different group of people than the ones who run this.

I wouldn't say that it's an unforeseen bug, some of us have been saying that the MS store is very prone to issues for weeks

@Soulpuppet Pretty much every MMO up to about WoW.

Hell some after. Do you remember the mess that was Anthem? That got so bad it took out Origin it self. But here are some major ones I remember over the years.

• Anarchy Online litterally didn't work, you couldn't subscribe and it was laggy to the point of unplayable. The game launched on June 27 2001. It wasn't playable until July 3rd. Never recovered it's player base and became a niche little game. Still around today. Still niche.

• WoW - Had so many server issues they had to stop selling the game because they couldn't get servers up fast enough. Somehow still has issues every expansion launch.

• Vanguard - Look into this. Fecking everything went wrong and then all the staff were fired. Shuttered. One of the worst development stories in the industry.

• APB - Infamous. Rife with hacking from second one and full of exploits to the point it sank the original dev THREE weeks into launch. Now a hacking tool testing ground.

• FFXIV V1.0 - You know this one. So bad they closed the game down for years to remake it. Shuttered and replaced by a totally different game.

• SWG - So overcrowded servers wouldn't stay up and you couldn't log in for weeks. Eventually recovered but then NGE happened and killed it.

• Age of Conan - A massive bait and switch that went from a normal MMO until a sandbox at level 20. Haemorrhaged players once they hit 20. Never recovered.

• Aion - 7 hour log in queues and instant DCs when you did get in. Took about a month to fix.

If you think this is a bad launch because of a distribution method feck up (It's not even the game that's the problem) that will be fixed very very soon.... Well I wish I could go back to being so innocent and naive about this industry.

@Soulpuppet Pretty much every MMO up to about WoW.

Hell some after. Do you remember the mess that was Anthem? That got so bad it took out Origin it self. But here are some major ones I remember over the years.

• Anarchy Online litterally didn't work, you couldn't subscribe and it was laggy to the point of unplayable. The game launched on June 27 2001. It wasn't playable until July 3rd. Never recovered it's player base and became a niche little game. Still around today. Still niche.

• WoW - Had so many server issues they had to stop selling the game because they couldn't get servers up fast enough. Somehow still has issues every expansion launch.

• Vanguard - Look into this. Fecking everything went wrong and then all the staff were fired. Shuttered. One of the worst development stories in the industry.

• APB - Infamous. Rife with hacking from second one and full of exploits to the point it sank the original dev THREE weeks into launch. Now a hacking tool testing ground.

• FFXIV V1.0 - You know this one. So bad they closed the game down for years to remake it. Shuttered and replaced by a totally different game.

• SWG - So overcrowded servers wouldn't stay up and you couldn't log in for weeks. Eventually recovered but then NGE happened and killed it.

• Age of Conan - A massive bait and switch that went from a normal MMO until a sandbox at level 20. Haemorrhaged players once they hit 20. Never recovered.

• Aion - 7 hour log in queues and instant DCs when you did get in. Took about a month to fix.

If you think this is a bad launch because of a distribution method feck up (It's not even the game that's the problem) that will be fixed very very soon.... Well I wish I could go back to being so innocent and naive about this industry.

How many of those games were 8 years old and only needed a translation done? Oh right.

@AyAyyRon You've been spamming crap on these forums for two days now at least and I get the feeling you're totally missing the point here. The problems we're facing with PSO2 right now are nothing to do with the game and 100% to do with it's distribution method and the range of PC set ups people have.

The game runs fine. Assuming you get the install to stick.

At this point you probably need to crawl back under the bridge you live under because you're not following the conversation anymore.

@LilPika Damn right i'm making sure the complaints get seen.

You are comparing FRESH GAME LAUNCHES (I put it in caps so you would see it this time) to a game that was released in 2012, and now being re-relaeased in North America. I'm following the conversation just fine, your ineptitude at understanding this is obvious.