Wow, everyone is really mad right now

It's a bad launch people, relax. We'll get through this; it's not like they just made subscriptions mandatory or something. Yes, they should've prepared for this more, and the lack of communication is a little disappointing, but things will get fixed. We can wait a day or two for these issues to be addressed.

Not sure why so many people are threatening to quit over this anyways because we all know most of you aren't going anywhere. If people dealt with the Fallout 76 launch to play...whatever Fallout 76 was, I think we can deal with a sloppy launch.

Happens every single MMO launch I think I've ever seen tbh.

If it was just a bad launch that needed a little patience before everything's fine and we'll all have forgotten two weeks from now, I'd be in full agreement and encouraging patience for 2-3 days to get things right.

But for some of us this is going to have depressing lasting effects. I hated that this entire experience since January has treated me as a non-US PC player as third class. And I hated that four of the cosmetics I still want the most out of every PSO2 item I have ever seen were limited to a region-locked platform-locked closed beta. But if we'd gotten a new ship, I could have at least avoided the misery of seeing other people with them.

NOPE.

And to top if off, some of my group want to go to Ship 3 just for the almost nonexistent chance of being able to afford unspecified expired AC scratch items that'll probably come back one day, for hundreds of millions of meseta that they will be overcharged for by players who got them just for logging in, who can abuse their ridiculous power position of not being the ugly stepchild. So to avoid either upsetting real people I know or splitting our group up, I'm likely to have to consign myself to that misery even if they do add Ship 4 late.

Why. Why did it have to be this way. Why did equal ARKS have to be treated so differently. Why did they and the more favoured ARKS keep insisting that no PC beta was necessary, screw us out of participation rewards for that beta, land us with a prolonged wait to play and then a botched launch that a beta would have caught, and probably ultimately not even properly compensate us for that botched launch we waited so patiently for.

Real compensation would be a global distribution of the beta items we should have got in the beta that it is now painfully clear we should have had. Does anybody believe it'll happen? I wish I did, but I'm running out of faith already. But it would reduce my suffering as a have-not who'll have to see the freely-distributed trade-locked shiny things I'll never get to enjoy, not just for two weeks while the launch is ironed out, but for however long the game lasts.

I love Phantasy Star. I played it before Online was made. This is... indescribably upsetting.

I dunno man, for me it's been simple: It's been 8 years. What's a few more months? This isn't some grand conspiracy, microsoft ain't out to get you or treat PC players different or second rate or anything insane like that. Items have no value outside the game and everything comes around again and again via season rewards of the Fresh Finds shop. If you want items, they'll come up again.

They tested the Xbox in a vacuumed live environment for two months and then released it. It's getting hammered now and it's causing hiccups. This isn't anything new with MMOs.

Well, hopefully those cosmetics that were locked as beta-exclusive items don't stay exclusive. If they're THAT much better than the normal cosmetics, maybe us PC players can make a petition on the forums or something to have a special event for some of us to earn them.

As for your overpricing issues on ship 3, there's probably going to be a massive amount of people joining all servers, so no handful of players can hold the market hostage. I've been told that usually cosmetics being sold by players aren't too expensive due to the sheer amount of them, so hopefully you don't run into that issue.

@Miraglyth said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

If it was just a bad launch that needed a little patience before everything's fine and we'll all have forgotten two weeks from now, I'd be in full agreement and encouraging patience for 2-3 days to get things right.

But for some of us this is going to have depressing lasting effects. I hated that this entire experience since January has treated me as a non-US PC player as third class. And I hated that four of the cosmetics I still want the most out of every PSO2 item I have ever seen were limited to a region-locked platform-locked closed beta. But if we'd gotten a new ship, I could have at least avoided the misery of seeing other people with them.

NOPE.

And to top if off, some of my group want to go to Ship 3 just for the almost nonexistent chance of being able to afford unspecified expired AC scratch items that'll probably come back one day, for hundreds of millions of meseta that they will be overcharged for by players who got them just for logging in, who can abuse their ridiculous power position of not being the ugly stepchild. So to avoid either upsetting real people I know or splitting our group up, I'm likely to have to consign myself to that misery even if they do add Ship 4 late.

Why. Why did it have to be this way. Why did equal ARKS have to be treated so differently. Why did they and the more favoured ARKS keep insisting that no PC beta was necessary, screw us out of participation rewards for that beta, land us with a prolonged wait to play and then a botched launch that a beta would have caught, and probably ultimately not even properly compensate us for that botched launch we waited so patiently for.

Real compensation would be a global distribution of the beta items we should have got in the beta that it is now painfully clear we should have had. Does anybody believe it'll happen? I wish I did, but I'm running out of faith already. But it would reduce my suffering as a have-not who'll have to see the freely-distributed trade-locked shiny things I'll never get to enjoy, not just for two weeks while the launch is ironed out, but for however long the game lasts.

I love Phantasy Star. I played it before Online was made. This is... indescribably upsetting.

100% this.

@LilPika said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

This isn't some grand conspiracy, microsoft ain't out to get you or treat PC players different or second rate or anything insane like that.

The only way that is possible is if they did one of three things.

1. Let all players take part in the betas and launch equally.
  2. Never give any time-limited unique content before PC launch.
  3. Simply declare that all pre-PC stuff will definitely return.

The first two didn't happen, the third one almost certainly won't.

We ARE second-rate. That is immutable fact.

@Wusscake said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

As for your overpricing issues on ship 3, there's probably going to be a massive amount of people joining all servers, so no handful of players can hold the market hostage.

What that means is there will be high demand for a low supply whose suppliers will know and seek to exploit that. Basic economics says these cosmetics - especially the popular ones - will become incredibly valuable very quickly.

@Miraglyth I think you're living up to your icon there, mate.

The reason you didn't get in at the launch was because they wanted to test the Xbox servers in isolation. The PC version has been out 8 years. It didn't need testing for stability issues.

Again, items carry no weight outside the game and they will come up again. There is no big deal here.

Sounds to me like you're REALLY complaining that you can't get rich quick because you have to enter a matured marketplace already.

This is not a normal bad Launch like all the other MMOs have. This Game is not even working for most of us.

The Win10 Store is a broken Mess for YEARS. PSO2 is not downloading or Instaling right because the Win10Store is SHIT! The Folder for this Game is Hidden and you cant repair this Folder lol... and sometimes its in totaly random Folders lol. You cant even delete this Game in some cases and it will just make a new Folder (60Gb Trash on the PC that you cant find lol)

The Game is not the Problem because this Works for 8 Years in Japan but the Win10 Store is just FUCKING TRASH!!! This dumb fucking Store is not working and never will work.

If this Game wer on Steam we only had 1 problem... FULL FUCKING SERVERS and this is a nice problem. But that we cant even downloade or Instaling this trash is a joke

@Dritoku Space Monger can see the file. A tool you should already be using these days. You're welcome.

@LilPika i never heard of this App lol xD I never had a problem to find and delete Games... now i need a extra App for it? xD

This makes it even worse

@Dritoku You've never heard of Space Monger? In 2020?

God damn man, I hope you don't install a lot of Steam Workshop stuff.

No i never install User Made trash. If the Game is trash in Vanilla then i dont need to play it lol

@Dritoku said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

No i never install User Made trash. If the Game is trash in Vanilla then i dont need to play it lol

I could never be like this. There are so many games that are just infinitely better modded. The first thing I do when I get a new game now is see if I can put mods into it.

@Lorient1755 said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

@Dritoku said in Wow, everyone is really mad right now:

I could never be like this. There are so many games that are just infinitely better modded. The first thing I do when I get a new game now is see if I can put mods into it.

If this game had workshop, we wouldn't be in such a big mess since players could fix the crap they refuse to. HELL, if it was on steam every server would be full.