Known Issues Fix - Switching XBL Accounts without reinstalling.

Based on the work-around listed here it states to uninstall and reinstall your game.

I downloaded the game on my wife's Laptop through her XBL account was able to switch to my XBL account without any issues after doing the following:

I located both folders for pso2 (one being the Mutable folder, the other being WindowsApps) and changed ownership to Users. You can achieve this by right-clicking on the parent folder, selecting properties----> Security Tab -----> Advanced. Click to change ownership and find Users, make it the owner, and select the box to apply it to all subfolders/items, then hit apply.

I did this for both folders PSO2 is located and it allows me to switch XBL accounts as much as I want, all I have to do is enter my password and authorize administrative privileges.

@GM-Deynger is it possible that the "MutableWindowsApp" folder is being created due to a logical error in the programming? I haven't seen any other WindowsApp make this folder. It is also likely to be causing the permission inheritance issues because the launcher is authorized by MS Store's permissions, but then the gams is download in two different locations.

Just a thought, but the game being in multiple locations is an indication that the installer is doing something wonky.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Known Issues Fix - Switching XBL Accounts without reinstalling.:

@GM-Deynger is it possible that the "MutableWindowsApp" folder is being created due to a logical error in the programming? I haven't seen any other WindowsApp make this folder. It is also likely to be causing the permission inheritance issues because the launcher is authorized by MS Store's permissions, but then the gams is download in two different locations.

Just a thought, but the game being in multiple locations is an indication that the installer is doing something wonky.

It's entirely possible. The dev team is working on things and I may have some information soon to put into a new thread on the forum for those who are able to DL but are having issues with the launcher.

@GM-Deynger I have faith in them!

I haven't had any issues since changing the folder ownership, can switch XBL accounts without having to reinstall, and play without being kicked.

Hopefully we can keep helping each other as a community until the official fix launches.