How Does Pet Switching Work?

So I'm a smidge confused: When I have a pet equipped, I can equip it twice in the last 2 skill slots, right? I had assumed I could equip two separate pets in those last 2 skill slots, but they have to be the same pet. What is the point of equipping the same pet twice? This also means I'm equipping different pets into different sub-weapon bars. Does that mean switching 'weapons' is how I switch pets? I ask because some pets grant abilities if they switch, to the next pet, so I want to be sure I'm switching properly.

Anyone? Anyone know more about the Summer & can let me know if I'm doing it proper?

Each Weapon slot is for a different Pet, and you switch Pets by switching between Weapon slots. Adding a Pet to Photon Art (PA) slots on a Weapon just makes that slot the Pet's normal attack; as you level up your Pet, eventually it will have enough PAs to fill all of the PA Slots (ie. It will have one normal attack and five special attacks).

@AndrlCh said in How Does Pet Switching Work?:

Each Weapon slot is for a different Pet, and you switch Pets by switching between Weapon slots. Adding a Pet to Photon Art (PA) slots on a Weapon just makes that slot the Pet's normal attack; as you level up your Pet, eventually it will have enough PAs to fill all of the PA Slots (ie. It will have one normal attack and five special attacks).

Thank you 🙂 I'm finding Summoners to be fun but..I have about 10 weapon skins, and I've found many, MANY weapons..but never a stronger Synthisizer. I guess Summoners don't get better weapons or a single weapon skin? Just a silly lil baton?

@Eguzky Most Harmonizers are 13☆+, so based on the content we have, there are maybe two other ones beside the default one, and they only drop from the new end-game content. That said, the main strength of a Summoner comes from leveling your Pets, increasing their ☆ Rarity, and filling out their Candy Boxes, with Harmonizers just giving slight boosts based on their Potential.

@AndrlCh New end game content? Current content? I just assumed the whole game was translated and ported. Are they really making new stuff for us?

@Eguzky The NA version is slowly releasing content that the JPN server has had. Currently the JPN server is near the end of Episode 6 and has 15☆ weapons and a level 95 level cap, while the NA server just got late-Episode 3 content added with today's update, with the current "new" end-game content being Ultimate Quests which unlock at lv70.

@AndrlCh Oh, damn, nice. I was worried there was only 3 episodes for awhile! XD I'll keep playing my Summoner, because I just got the 'prinny' monster; I can throw it and it explodes. 😄