[GUIDE] PSO2NA PC ERROR COMPENDIUM

@Damesis I can understand that. Since Microsoft can't give us support on their side we users try to make things better. Since JP PSO2 community was a kind one and makes some of us don't lose hope on fixing this.

Update bump.

@Anaviell yes, by far the worst mmo launch ever. which could have been prevented in so many ways or fixed much faster. but no service whatsoever, its like they threw it out in the microsoft garbage store and went to sleep. so many ridiculous problems here, that dont even make any sense. like "you need to update windows", why do they care about what windows version we have, we just want to play a game and a 8 year old one at that. yes, saw that the microsoft store always made trouble letting people download games, just showing how bad they are. but still stupid of the pso2 team to release it through there, especially without testing anything.

as for my problem, i cant even download shit, every single advice didnt help. nothing happens when i click on install, when i choose "install on my device", it says no proper device found, even if i added a proper device. did everything yesterday, but its over, no game is worth so much trouble. and pso2 doesnt even look like something so great, it was good to waste some time, thats it. so its just another mmo for the trash bin...

@Kizaru84 Have you tried changing your region to download the game?

@DariusThorne the very first thing i did...as i said, i tried absolutely everything i found, even on the other threads about the older microsoft store problems and nothing helped.

@Kizaru84 And tried to run "wsreset.exe" as admin?

@Anaviell said in [GUIDE] PSO2NA PC ERROR COMPENDIUM:

It's quite incredible how messed up of a launch this has been - probably the actual worst an MMO have seen in a long while. The funniest part is the issues aren't even server related or from PSO2 itself. It's the stupid MICROSOFT GAME STORE. It's outstanding how bad it is and the actual damage it's doing to the game when the game itself is actually fine.

Agreed, I've seen games where you have server issues, the game itself is bad or P2W.. but at least it works and it's playable.

With this MS Store, people can't even play the game, because the game either keeps deleting itself or it gets corrupted as it has been in my case.

I really want to play, but I don't want to go through all the trouble of redownloading 80 GB only to have it corrupt a few hours later out of the blue, then the game can't get Unisntalled or Reinstalled, because the stupid MS Store is garbage and those UWP apps, like the new Settings app is the same garbage so pressing Uninstall on it too does absolutely nothing. I have to delete the files manually and deal with permissions and ownership... even though I installed it on the D:\ drive.

@Aurack wish it would delete my install, i'm stuck with a broken game i can not launch or uninstall

I'm so dissapointed!

I have no issues downloading the game what so ever. My issue is being able to stay logged into the game for more than 5-15 minutes at a time. Ive been in the middle of missions and get kicked out and have to restart the mission. Also, It's gotten to the point where my game wont even load up after clicking it. Ive had to uninstall and reinstall. I have no more energy to try and play a game for hours on end to constantly experience all of these issues.

I was finally able to get in last night around 11:30. I created my characters and rebooted my PC to update Windows before going to sleep. I decided to check it just now and the game will no longer launch. PSO2_bin is now inaccessible and the game is showing as having no size in the app list.

@Lord-Papers Hi, I had the same problem.

Download lObit and unlock the folder of pso2_bin, then you'll be able to delete it. After that just click on unistall once again and it'll dissapear. If you need more help send me a DM.

This was the only solution I found because I couldn't delete the folder neither the game.

@Aurack said in [GUIDE] PSO2NA PC ERROR COMPENDIUM:

Download lObit and unlock the folder of pso2_bin, then you'll be able to delete it. After that just click on unistall once again and it'll dissapear. If you need more help send me a DM.

This was the only solution I found because I couldn't delete the folder neither the game.

i managed to finally delete everything after changing permissions, not i am getting Code: 0x80070003 when i try to redownload

@Lord-Papers Search in the URL I put in the first post, there's a fix for that

@Aurack Thanks man, did what you told and i could finnaly play. You are a life saver.

@Aurack said in [GUIDE] PSO2NA PC ERROR COMPENDIUM:

That would've been useful to me if it allowed me to install it on my D drive. The first time I tried to install the game yesterday it gave me an option to choose between C and D, but today it just straight up installs on C without asking me, and my C is a 128 GB SSD with only 50 GB free, I can install the first 11GBs, but I don't have space to install the rest of the game. Also trying to move the game from Settings from C to D results in an error code 0x800073d0d, which upon investigation, seem to be related to system-restricted files...

This whole launch and the stupid piece of garbage MS CrappStore is just too unbearable.