Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin

ya know im getting tired of hearing "thank you we will pass it on to our support staff." and much rather here ."hey guys games fixed sorry we know we had 10 years to fix this and we were slacking. we know we promised pso2 in na along time ago. and we know we fucked up. but we are sorry heres compensation and 100 ac scratchers to make up for our mess."

I suppose I was too hopeful or only had a very temporary workaround with not having MS account logged in through WIndows 10.

My game crashed and froze my computer while playing Tundras....after rebooting computer I am back to PSO2 not responding to starting program and with some funky permission thing on mutables/whatever else. x_x

@GrimRhythm Doing this on the ps02_bin folder made me able to access the launcher

hmmm deleting file and the size stay the same... is it possible of hard link files ?

Welp. I tried everything. I changed the permission on the folders to delete it, but it give me an error (Unknown?!) and then says I need permission from myself to delete it. I tried using an elevated CMD to force delete it to no avail too.

As pissed as I am, we should all note that this is mainly the Microsoft portion fucking up and not PSO2. The devs did a great job with the game and I love it. If only their launcher wasn't so ass.

https://beebom.com/how-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

didnt check every page kuz just saw this before heading out the door for work so ill post this link... it tells you how to get permission to open and edit that stupid windows app folder. it will take a while depending on your system but one it finishes you can then go in there and delete the multiple files.. i had two identical folders each 57gigs

@Cybertronlaser Dude...THIS!! After screwing around with all the stupid app permissions crap and it not working..I tried this and BOOM...uninstalled. Thank you so much

@apudgypanda2835 what file is it called?

I finally found my 60gb missing. they were at "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackup"

Game has not worked all day and to have a chance of fixing it I need to remove all files from my PC but I cant...

@ZeeHero9271 said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

Game has not worked all day and to have a chance of fixing it I need to remove all files from my PC but I cant...

https://beebom.com/how-access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

also go into the add remove programs and uninstall PSO2 and if you have Tweaker do the same with that as well. then start fresh install.

Bumping because this is still an issue. PC NA version sucks on so many levels.

I have been spending the past 2 hours trying to delete these damned files from my computer. This is completely unacceptable that they still haven't released an official patch to fix THEIR issue. Original intent was to delete extra files, redownload a clean copy, but now i am getting rid of this POS and going to find something else. Use STEAM or EPIC next time if you dont want to fix your own launchers issues.

@JayAre0248 said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

I have been spending the past 2 hours trying to delete these damned files from my computer. This is completely unacceptable that they still haven't released an official patch to fix THEIR issue. Original intent was to delete extra files, redownload a clean copy, but now i am getting rid of this POS and going to find something else. Use STEAM or EPIC next time if you dont want to fix your own launchers issues.

Ya I would recommend steam next week. MS store is the worst.

There is two methods to try and delete all of the Phantasy Star Online 2 Installations.

Method 1: Built-in Windows Cleanup

This is the safest method, and the steps are as follows...

• Open up the Settings Application for Windows 10. This is the Gear Icon that appears in the Start menu.
  • Navigate to System
  • Navigate to Storage.
  • Click on the "Temporary Files"
  • Make sure that "Delivery Optimization Files" is checked.
  • Click on "Remove Files", and wait. This can take a while since there may be more than 50gb of files involved.

Method 2: use command prompt

Warning: This method is intended for Advanced users only. Do not attempt this method unless you are familiar with working in command line environments.

• Open up an administrative command prompt.
  • Navigate to the Windows Store Automated Backup folder ( The default location is c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MutableBackups ).
  • List the directories in the path. The old folders for Phantasy Star Online 2 should start with "100B7A24.oxyna".
  • use the takeown command to recursively take ownership of each folder one by one.
  • use the rmdir command to recursively erase each folder one by one.