Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin

@Shirokami07 You need to change permissions on folder to do so, I followed this tutorial and finally i could delete the folder and files.

https://www.free-power-point-templates.com/articles/delete-files-protected-by-trustedinstaller-in-windows-10/

@Zulvio

5c99c942-2835-424e-acff-fef05a145b25-image.png

It's sorta not doing anything.

Also, I just found it downloaded 5 CLIENTS, NOT ONE, BUT 5 It seems that because it had no execution, modify and write permissons, it just kept downloading more and more clients.

Fucking rip my bandwidth.

@Zylon-Mx Yeah no, that doesn't work, the owner of my files is SYSTEM and any options to change the owner are blocked or greyed out. I no longer have access to any of those, with any accounts, it's on the same privilege of the OS itself. Bullshit I say.

@Shirokami07 said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

@Zylon-Mx Yeah no, that doesn't work, the owner of my files is SYSTEM and any options to change the owner are blocked or greyed out. I no longer have access to any of those, with any accounts, it's on the same privilege of the OS itself. Bullshit I say.

Well it worked for me, had the same issue, just changed permission to myself (user of the pc) and then added administrators as full control.

@Zylon-Mx Yeah, all my problems could have been solved hours ago if it was that simple, but no, Windows owns the PSO2 files as if it was System32.

Follow the tutorial dude is not that hard... i sent the link

ya sé que hablas español

@Zylon-Mx Te digo que ese tutorial ya lo hice, es más, lo que escribió ese usuario fue sacado de lo que posteé en Twitter hoy a las 9 de la mañana. YO escribí ese tutorial, el pequeño dilema es que luego de que terminó de parchearse los 60GB, de repente el sistema operativo se adueñó del privilegio de todos los archivos y no puedo ejecutarlos, eliminarlos, modificarlos, y ahora ni siquiera puedo acceder a las carpetas.

Did deleting the content permit for a reinstall? Or is it just reclaimed space with a broken install?

@Shirokami07 said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

2cfa27dc-6a80-437e-a755-5ef8d800701e-image.png

Eso no es tema de permiso, sino que está siendo ejecutado, intenta entrar en modo Seguro y elimina los archivos.

Para los permisos el tutorial que mandé funciona bien, a mi tampoco me dejaba ni entrar a la carpeta.

@Zylon-Mx

SYSTEM es el sistema operativo en sí. Voy a probar lo de modo seguro, quizá así no lo ejecute. Si el sistema operativo me ejecuta los archivos del PSO2 en modo seguro... Estoy completamente jodido.

Tried uninstalling for one last time by normal methods. Nothing happens:

4dd2af02-1da0-4122-8e59-e473dea2de31-image.png

Brb trying safe mode

Hello. I'm back.

What I'm going to say is VERY important. I didn't turn off my machine because I'm working and can't do that right now.

But...

Everything, every single game file... IS GONE, DELETED, BOOM, VANISHED. What the hell just happened? I have no idea. Most of my disc space is also back, too.

Well. What the fuck?

@Shirokami07 I do not know if you found the answer to your problem but I found a way that works for me. Basically, you press the Windows key and type "Phantasy Star Online 2" and then right click the application that pops up and press uninstall. Alternatively, you can press the Windows key and search "Add or remove programs" and then in the search bar in the page that it directs you to, you just search "Phantasy Star Online 2" and then you can just uninstall it. I was scared too, I had 1 MB of space left on my SSD but thank god I found this, MS Store is really dumb and unintuitive.

@GrimRhythm said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

To update permissions and gain ownership of the WindowsApps folder on your PC:

1. Navigate to the Program Files folder where WindowsApps folder is located
  2. Right-click WindowsApps
  3. Select properties and go to the Security tab
  4. Click advanced
  5. Near the top, where you see "Owner: " it might something like Trusted Installer. Click change next to that
  6. In select user window, in the text box below type "Users"
  7. Click Check Names to the right of the textbox
  8. Confirm remaining prompts - it may ask something about updating all sub-folder permissions too. Do this.

This should give you complete access to WindowsApps folder.

So I followed these instructions and was finally able to access the folders inside WindowsApps, but it won't let me delete anything still. 😞