Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin

What do I do? Did I just permanently lose 100GB of my SSD to THIS?

lol same happend to me. This is why microsoft store is fucking dumb.

I think I'll have to do a full format of my SSD, Holy shit, fuck Microsoft what the hell why are they always so damn shady? It even broke my PSO2 JP game client LOL.

@Shirokami07 I don't think you need to format it, you can just jump back to a system recovery point

@Blood-Truce I've never done such thing

fbc1665c-0520-4a5d-a2d3-953a271ae998-image.png

It's fucked.

Microsoft now owns my drive lol 686e6e0f-fca5-4324-ab6f-71968150c076-image.png

yeah I've like 100 GB allocated to nothing there are no folders or anything

I don't get what is happening

Something has this folder open

45ddb076-2f4b-4dd5-a109-995926248b25-image.png

Same here. The game doesn't start, repair, reset and uninstall is not working. This is ridiculous.

@Zulvio said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

Same here. The game doesn't start, repair, reset and uninstall is not working. This is ridiculous.

I'm having the exact same problem. Whether I attempt to launch, repair, reset, or uninstall, nothing happens. If I do it from the Start Menu, it doesn't even close. If I do it from Add & Remove Programs, it doesn't even remember that I was trying to uninstall it if I close and reopen the window. This started when I accidentally clicked "no" on the "Allow this program to make changes to your computer?" prompt.

@ParadingElephan said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

@Zulvio said in Can't Uninstall/Delete - SYSTEM owns the files and won't let me even as admin:

I'm having the exact same problem. Whether I attempt to launch, repair, reset, or uninstall, nothing happens. If I do it from the Start Menu, it doesn't even close. If I do it from Add & Remove Programs, it doesn't even remember that I was trying to uninstall it if I close and reopen the window. This started when I accidentally clicked "no" on the "Allow this program to make changes to your computer?" prompt.

My Microsoft Store never had an uninstall/repair/blahblah options. From Control Panel, the game isn't even shown as installed. Now I managed to force delete the pso2_bin 60GB folder, but it's recreating itself and I can't even delete these.

79503513-f143-4158-94f0-6ec1fbf630a4-image.png

God damn privilege escalating worm malware lol.

I can't even access the windowsapp folder

00e372ff-b2a5-418f-8305-36c728652eb0-image.png

d74ef8b1-7177-4cd0-9806-35986c117b0b-image.png

Microsoft hacked me!

It doesn't show in control panel. Go to Settings>Apps & features in windows.

It doesn't show in control panel. Go to Settings>Apps & features in windows.

Uninstalling from there doesn't work either. If you try, a progress bar appears, but nothing happens and if you go back to Apps & Features it's gone.

To update permissions and gain ownership of the WindowsApps folder on your PC:

1. Navigate to the Program Files folder where WindowsApps folder is located
  2. Right-click WindowsApps
  3. Select properties and go to the Security tab
  4. Click advanced
  5. Near the top, where you see "Owner: " it might something like Trusted Installer. Click change next to that
  6. In select user window, in the text box below type "Users"
  7. Click Check Names to the right of the textbox
  8. Confirm remaining prompts - it may ask something about updating all sub-folder permissions too. Do this.

This should give you complete access to WindowsApps folder.