We told you so just doesn't seem to cut it

As I browse through the forums while the game is downloading and i see all the issues that are cropping up for PC players just trying to even get the game installed and running. I can't help but feel the phrase "we told you so" just doesn't cut it. They are dropping a relatively untested setup (downloading PSO2 through the PC windows 10 store and all the subtle differences that come with that) and lo and behold its having issues. Almost seems like a PC beta test was needed. It would have given them more data on the download and installation process that could have gotten the issue resolved before it was ever a thing and it would have given them better interested player counts to know if more ships should have been opened.

We voiced our concerns about this very thing happening way in advance, they went unacknowledged, and now come PC launch day, issues galore. I really want this game to succeed and be something we all can play for a long time to come, but before they start really hurrying to get all the content out, They really need to iron out the communication issues and be way more aware of concerns by the players or messes like this will just happen over and over.

I remember a lot of people were defending the Microsoft Store for this game. I wonder where they are now?

Honestly, I don't think its the store that is the core of the issue here, its the fact that they went into the PC launch with pretty much 0 prep and thought it would go smoothly. If they would have bothered to actually have a PC beta test, a lot of these issues could have been ironed out over the course of the beta instead of putting them under the gun and needing to solve the issues immediately.

im not even a fan of steam, but its still by far better than the crap microsoft store, that doesnt allow you to download a game, when it sees that you dont meet the requirements and obviously when something like that is possible, more bugs will go around and even if you meet all requirements, like most people do who cant download it, then thats what happens. also no fix, no tips, absolutely nothing from their side, thats somehow useful. it would also been better, if they just gave the shit launcher on their site here to download, like the jp version, but only translate it...as if that would have been a problem. anyway, its already too late and i will definitely not support such crap and stupidity...the game looks ok and would have been worth to try a bit, but thats it. it doesnt look that great, that its worth going to so much trouble. especially when the service already starts off as just terrible.

Just a classic case of what happens when developer doesn't listen to community.

-smugs- we told you so -smugs-

if we look back the last few months to how well windows 10 updates have worked out for users, i'm not one bit surprised it's all breaking down now with a single game.And all of that because they use a launcher that was never programmed to be used with the MS store but was broken before aswell.

@RynMuse said in We told you so just doesn't seem to cut it:

Honestly, I don't think its the store that is the core of the issue here, its the fact that they went into the PC launch with pretty much 0 prep and thought it would go smoothly. If they would have bothered to actually have a PC beta test, a lot of these issues could have been ironed out over the course of the beta instead of putting them under the gun and needing to solve the issues immediately.

The thing is... some of the issues have happened with other games released on the MS store.

@Ezodagrom said in We told you so just doesn't seem to cut it:

The thing is... some of the issues have happened with other games released on the MS store.

Thats even more of a reason why they should have tested things ahead of time and not just hope it works out on launch day. They could have done a beta for PC, seen something was wrong and have given themselves the time to pivot and make the changes they need. instead they gave themselves a lot of un-needed crunch cause they are going to have to figure out how to fix this right away instead of having that grace period that beta tests give a dev to fix things like this.

I've taken part in my fair share of MMO launches, and i have to say, this NA PC launch is one of the most mishandled ones i have seen on just so many levels.

@RynMuse Yeah, the whole thing has been handled terribly, not just the launch, but the announcements (or lack of) before. And of course the lack of a beta.

Even regular content announcements have been terrible, for example today they shadowdropped (released with no announcement) ultimate quests and extremely hard (mode above super hard) urgent quests.

To be brutally honest, my patience is wearing so thin with this launch, they royally screwed up on this and don't even have the decency to acknowledge it. So much for all the times they have chimed in on threads saying they were listening and relaying feedback. If they were, this shouldn't have happened.

To be brutally honest, my patience is wearing so thin with this launch, they royally screwed up on this and don't even have the decency to acknowledge it. So much for all the times they have chimed in on threads saying they were listening and relaying feedback. If they were, this shouldn't have happened.

We just put our hopes that Microsoft could roll out a decent PC game. Sega made a deal with the devil on this one.

@AyAyyRon said in We told you so just doesn't seem to cut it:

We just put our hopes that Microsoft could roll out a decent PC game. Sega made a deal with the devil on this one.

tbh. i'm not mad at microsoft getting the deal.it's probably a better publisher for a western version then most, the problem is their attempt at trying to roll it out on their storefront exclusively. they themself should know that their shit is broken, yet here we are.

@ShAdOnIc Even years.

It is ridiculous how much better 1607>= versions of Win10 perform in games than later versions.

note: Not saying that has any connection to the PSO2 launch, MMO launches are rarely smooth.

@Nersius said in We told you so just doesn't seem to cut it:

@ShAdOnIc Even years.

It is ridiculous how much better 1607>= versions of Win10 perform in games than later versions.

note: Not saying that has any connection to the PSO2 launch, MMO launches are rarely smooth.

*Fresh MMO Launches