Adding blocks is a fine solution.

Though an unpopular opinion, it's better to have medium/full servers with adjustable blocks vs dead servers. A fresh start server would make very very little difference on your personal experience. This isn't an open world competitive game and a new server wouldn't mean new exclusives.

It is a good solution. Until the hard limit of the server itself starts to cause server-sided lag where enemies can no longer keep up with players. This has been an issue in a few MMOs, FFXIV only recently started having this in Shadowbringers due to the overwhelming positive reception. TERA's been having server-sided lag since they added the Abyssal dynamic events.

Final Fantasy XIV has it more under control because they aggressively sync client and server data, meaning if the server starts lagging, you will start lagging as well shortly.

It certainly is a good solution for the current players. As the rest of us waiting for a fresh server will leave. Both problems solved.

when 👎 is all you need to save everyone time from explaining everything over again. there are different reasons other than lag/congestion that people wanted new ships for...

@Parallax Good solution for anyone who is an Xbox player, yeah.

@HallowFang72 said in Adding blocks is a fine solution.:

when 👎 is all you need to save everyone time from explaining everything over again. there are different reasons other than lag/congestion that people wanted new ships for...

Could you elaborate? That seems to be the main issue(s). Having an already existing market means nothing really.

It makes sense.. the first day isn't really indicative of what things will be like after a month. And being 1 month behind Console players probably isnt that huge in the grand scheme of things.

Cause fresh starts are also fun. The observation of a server from birth to stability, which is clearly not available on Ships 1-3.

@SweetChilliHeat I'm pretty sure the closed beta was like 3 months ago. Xbox players have a huge leg up and many of them already have hundreds of millions of meseta. I'm honestly floored that people don't understand why a fresh server is desired so desperately.

And most of us are pissy because of SEGA's lack of communication. They surely have time to reply to tweets about fixes and thanking people on compliments but can't make a quick announcement about whether or not new ships will be there or not. And during closed beta, SEGA had bad communication too since people didn't want 1 ship. And then SEGA just dropped ship 2 out of nowhere. See this post in the past https://forum.pso2.com/topic/142/one-server-this-is-a-pretty-lean-joke?page=1 .

personally, i would've liked to join a fresh server with my friends.but hey, they can'T play anyways thanks to the microsoft store bs.by the time they're able to play and the issues are fixed, i'm sure ship 3 will be back to being a wasteland.

Just a heads up, there are tons of people trying to download this game right now. I did the original 11g download last night at 11pm, and then went to bed. Woke up at 4 am to get ready to play, but there was another download needed once I hit play. That originally said 2 1/2 hours. It is now 6 hours later and it still says 2 hours to finish the download. My friends are in the same boat and I'm quite sure there are tons of other people who are as well. The current influx of players is probably a very small percentage of pc players that are waiting to play this.

I mean alot of us are stuck at home. ANY new MMO is gonna be flooded. I personally love PSO and way before this virus I was waiting with baited breathe to play and I have about 10 friends who want to play as well. There hasn't been this much hype from people I know for longer than PSO 2 has been out in japan.

So yeah, we are gonna need more blocks and probably more servers. There are WAY more PC players than there are Xbox ones. I almost bought an xbox just to play this, but held off (barely).

This literally happened during closed beta. People wanted more than 1 ship, SEGA wasn't responding, and then SEGA dropped new ships out of nowhere. Ship 1 was full very quickly too and people were requesting for New ships since more blocks didn't do much. The lack of communication or announcement from SEGA didn't help.

@ZeeeMeee said in Adding blocks is a fine solution.:

This literally happened during closed beta. People wanted more than 1 ship, SEGA wasn't responding, and then SEGA dropped new ships out of nowhere. Ship 1 was full very quickly too and people were requesting for New ships since more blocks didn't do much. The lack of communication or announcement from SEGA didn't help.

And the funnyt hing about that was it took SEGA 28 mintues (less than a few hours) to open new ships. The immediate response comapred to this is like night and day.