Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE

While dont want to jump in on hysteria side of things, multiple reinstalls of game managed to corrupt some work files i needed today, but i luckily keep the entire drive backed up, so was able to restore corrupted files

To the people having an error message display when launching the game please download the xbox app so it will launch ps2 with zero issues. I have had this happen to multiple games through the microsoft store. If you don't have the app downloaded with a microsoft account you will continue to have this issue. I hope this helps, if not I'll keep digging.

@Eguzky said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

@Nezia1599 said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

@LilPika said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

Have you considered being less dramatic and instead learning how to use the PC you're sat in front of? The problem isn't by any means unique to you, but there are far more people having this work without any problems whatsoever than those who are sadly hitting snags. The problem is most likely with your set up.

If you want to uninstall the game, take ownership of the files first. Use something like spacemonger to force the deletion. Or actually fix the problem stopping you from launching the game.

Yeesh. You're embarrassing.

Can you even read?

Which file exactly do you want me to uinstall? All the files are GONE yet it's eating space on my PC.

Why the fuck do I have to download other programs only to get rid of a software I downloaded? Did I download this game from piratebay and wasn't paying attention by any chance?

Yes, my PC was DAMAGED by a shitty product and I demand it get repaired. Never had any trouble even close to this with any other product, and yet here is the little white knight white knighting. Anyways guess every single company needs its own group of retards to defend them.

Oh grow TF up. Your PC was not 'damaged' simply because you have some hidden files taking up space. Grow a brain and learn how to fix the problem. ..Or continue to run around, screaming like a toddler and insulting people and claiming 'mean people are being white knights!' simply because they know facts you don't.

Maybe, if you'd asked like a normal adult, someone here would have helped you by now.

Or keep insulting people. Sure. Let's see how throwing a temper tantrum fixes your PC.

I'd reply to this but... I won't.

People are free to act like clowns all they want.

I'm with Nezia. The onus is not on "a normal grown TF up adult with a brain" to fix Microsoft/SEGA's mistake. Navigating permissions errors for hours also doubles the negative impact of this launch.

@Eguzky said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

@Nezia1599 said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

@LilPika said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

Have you considered being less dramatic and instead learning how to use the PC you're sat in front of? The problem isn't by any means unique to you, but there are far more people having this work without any problems whatsoever than those who are sadly hitting snags. The problem is most likely with your set up.

If you want to uninstall the game, take ownership of the files first. Use something like spacemonger to force the deletion. Or actually fix the problem stopping you from launching the game.

Yeesh. You're embarrassing.

Can you even read?

Which file exactly do you want me to uinstall? All the files are GONE yet it's eating space on my PC.

Why the fuck do I have to download other programs only to get rid of a software I downloaded? Did I download this game from piratebay and wasn't paying attention by any chance?

Yes, my PC was DAMAGED by a shitty product and I demand it get repaired. Never had any trouble even close to this with any other product, and yet here is the little white knight white knighting. Anyways guess every single company needs its own group of retards to defend them.

Oh grow TF up. Your PC was not 'damaged' simply because you have some hidden files taking up space. Grow a brain and learn how to fix the problem. ..Or continue to run around, screaming like a toddler and insulting people and claiming 'mean people are being white knights!' simply because they know facts you don't.

Maybe, if you'd asked like a normal adult, someone here would have helped you by now.

Or keep insulting people. Sure. Let's see how throwing a temper tantrum fixes your PC.

You just insulted him. What makes you any better?

@Kemigumi said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

I'm with Nezia. The onus is not on "a normal grown TF up adult with a brain" to fix Microsoft/SEGA's mistake. Navigating permissions errors for hours also doubles the negative impact of this launch.

Regardless of Microsoft/SEGA's mistake, it does not warrant an overreaction such as Nezia's. Insulting people who are trying to help and give the solution, calling the program "malware" because they didn't know there was another place to look for the hidden data, or giving general hell over the issue does not fix the issue at hand, nor does it make him/her look "professional" or better than anyone else here that they are insulting. The point is, Nezia had an issue, and the only way they "addressed" said issue was by insulting and lashing at everyone, even people trying to help them. That's far from an "adult" way of handling the problem.
If I were to point out my thoughts, I'd say Nezia's just trolling, or just hate-mongering because it's SEGA/Microsoft. Far be it from me to say anything good about either company, with SEGA leaving us in the dark for what.. 8 years now, let alone Microsoft's countless blunders and crap-tastic customer support service, but hate-mongering does not bring results, nor has it ever in the past from any game company.

I'll be among the last of people to defend Microsoft for anything, especially given my past experience with them over "Games for Windows Live" (you want real malware, that was real malware), but Nezia if you want help from anyone with your issue, you might could try a little more honey and a little less salt.. demands for retribution won't fix a thing for you, it'll for the most part just get you ignore, and probably locked out of the forums by mods or something..

@KayliMoon said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

@Kemigumi said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

Regardless of Microsoft/SEGA's mistake, it does not warrant an overreaction such as Nezia's. Insulting people who are trying to help and give the solution, calling the program "malware" because they didn't know there was another place to look for the hidden data, or giving general hell over the issue does not fix the issue at hand, nor does it make him/her look "professional" or better than anyone else here that they are insulting. The point is, Nezia had an issue, and the only way they "addressed" said issue was by insulting and lashing at everyone, even people trying to help them. That's far from an "adult" way of handling the problem.
If I were to point out my thoughts, I'd say Nezia's just trolling, or just hate-mongering because it's SEGA/Microsoft. Far be it from me to say anything good about either company, with SEGA leaving us in the dark for what.. 8 years now, let alone Microsoft's countless blunders and crap-tastic customer support service, but hate-mongering does not bring results, nor has it ever in the past from any game company.

I'll be among the last of people to defend Microsoft for anything, especially given my past experience with them over "Games for Windows Live" (you want real malware, that was real malware), but Nezia if you want help from anyone with your issue, you might could try a little more honey and a little less salt.. demands for retribution won't fix a thing for you, it'll for the most part just get you ignore, and probably locked out of the forums by mods or something..

• 2 clowns trying to sound smart while giving advice that wasn't even close to the root of the problem is not 'everyone';

• Until today I had literaly nothing against Microsft nor Sega, never had to use Microsoft store for anything, but now I'm sure I won't be using it again.

• Not for even a second did this software act like a game, from second one all it did was disrupt my PC and cause me troubles without allowing me to remove it normally, that's a malware.

• And finally, after a lot of troubleshooting and thanks to @Jamesmor, @GamerKillance and @Damesis advices I was finally able to delete the malware for good from my PC, thanks for that. Now I'll just be leaving the NA version of this game behind. Maybe I'll try the JP version later someday.

Please, do your part and continue to reviewbomb this game on the MS Store. Look at all those 1 Stars, baby! Keep them coming. This is a complete and utter failure.

It's called bloatware, OP. It's software that gets installed to where you don't want it and it won't even work half the time! It also keeps installing new launchers that take up all your storage!

The claims you are making about the files being invisible and that you can't delete them don't even make sense on a file-system level. Here are where the files are installed for me, all 68GB of them;

alt text

They are not hidden at all and you can absolutely delete them. If it complains about permissions, take ownership. This is not a new advanced concept, you can easily look up how.

@Dissent said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

The claims you are making don't even make sense on a file-system level. Here are where the files are installed for me, all 68GB of them;

alt text

They are not hidden at all and you can absolutely delete them.

What they are referring to is a second directory that Microsoft Store always stores files downloaded from their store. in a backup if something goes wrong with an installation or by ironic twist an uninstallation. When you unhide the "hidden" files and folders in a folder, you'll find another folder in the Program Files folder called "WindowsApps". If that happens you'll find a backup folder that is the same size of the game. It has been happening to a lot of people since launch, but not everyone. So I understand why people are getting upset, I just don't understand why they need to have a conniption over something that's come to be expected of Microsoft as well as many other MMOs lol.

I´m from Germany and I had this too. Yesterday I made 3 Installs/Re/Un-Installs. After many errors I got it to work and wanted to Play today. No is my Launcher in Japanese and I got the next error Code. I give up. over 100GB of Space are missing. I found it in the ProgramFiles Windows Apps Mutable Backup Folder that was hidden, so anybody who has this problem you need to change your Folder Options so it shows you hidden Folders/Files. And I needed to change the Permission of the MutableBackup Folder after that I could finally delete everything. Over 200000 Files with 107GB of Space. Never had such a problem with a game.

Just play JP version with PSO2 Tweaker A lot of other people are having issues with their harddrive space too.

In the JP server, you don't have issues like Lag, Login Freezing, Connection Crashes, bad game balancing, Harddrive bricking,

@Dissent Then explain to me why there is a "mutable" folder in my WindowsApps folder on my C : drive with 11 GB of PSO2 crap. That's not where I installed my game.

@Dissent

@Dissent said in Thanks for tricking me into downloading a MALWARE:

The claims you are making about the files being invisible and that you can't delete them don't even make sense on a file-system level. Here are where the files are installed for me, all 68GB of them;

alt text

They are not hidden at all and you can absolutely delete them. If it complains about permissions, take ownership. This is not a new advanced concept, you can easily look up how.

Man you don't know what I'd give to have my ModifiableWindowsApp folder look that lol. After I logged out the game after playing for 2 hours because I had to do something IRL, i was never able to log in again. The only thing I have in that folder is a data folder and 3 .dll files. All the rest of the files just up and disappeared...