I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.

It's definitely to be expected that new/unfamiliar players feel overwhelmed but... Isn't that a good thing in a way? If I was new I would much rather prefer to come into something that has a lot of content right away than something where you're grinding boomas for 8 hours.

The only issue I saw with the New player VS vetaeran Jp server players was , the sheer amount of people who are unaware Of party Boost mecahanics , The reason The JP vets lvled so fast was using the boosts and party bonus , and doing CO , But when explaining this to some one who asked how i hit so High a lvl ina few Hrs all i got as replies were " Solo Player for life"

@VaricBreem said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

The only issue I saw with the New player VS vetaeran Jp server players was , the sheer amount of people who are unaware Of party Boost mecahanics , The reason The JP vets lvled so fast was using the boosts and party bonus , and doing CO , But when explaining this to some one who asked how i hit so High a lvl ina few Hrs all i got as replies were " Solo Player for life"

They've been playing the JP server for years and know the In and Out of the game. So don't be discourage by it. They're some Vets Jp players that will help and tell you straight up how to level up fast or how to do stuff. There will be times when some of them will be unfriendly toward new players. Never hurt to ask for help or info about something.

Im also a JP player myself but don't have an Xbox counsel for the beta. I don't have to play the beta to know whats going on. Plus i like helping New Players. Even on the JP server. When it releases to the PC I'm power level to max in 2-4 days for one class.

It honestly wasn't that bad. Client orders helped a lot of newer people level super fast. The ark missions even help you find your way on what to do and introduce that fairly early.

I mean its a 8 year old game going on close to 9. They are simply trying to get us up to speed as fast as they can. As hopefully the game will be around a bit longer before they start to think of pso3 in jp.

@Meta77 said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

I mean its a 8 year old game going on close to 9. They are simply trying to get us up to speed as fast as they can. As hopefully the game will be around a bit longer before they start to think of pso3 in jp.

If that game ever happens it will be on the new gen consoles. No point making it for old since they're almost outdated now.

Don't feel bad, failure is the best teacher and new players will learn. There is plenty of videos and great streamers to learn from. I started two weeks ago on the Japanese server. I hit well over level 30 and was out doing most people in urgent missions, smashing most mob groups before others could get a hit on hard.

@GamerKillance said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@Meta77 said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

If that game ever happens it will be on the new gen consoles. No point making it for old since they're almost outdated now.

Oh of course. pso3 if ever made will be next gen console wise. pc im sure would just bit a graphics boost with new model structure.

@GamerKillance said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

Oh of course. pso3 if ever made will be next gen console wise. pc im sure would just bit a graphics boost with new model structure.

We really talking about a PSO3 already? :sadelf:

I honestly don't know how Sega's going to one-up the formula they already have. It's like...mm...how do I want to say it. They don't have anything that's leading up to the case or need for a sequel.

+==+

Obselete graphics? Man, this game sat through a whole console generation and still doesn't look terrible. Even Universe doesn't look too bad for its age, you just can't play it online officially anymore.

The low-poly, low-tex look of the original PSO? Necessary for their console generation. Charming at this point, but the model animations are definitely stiff, and PSO2 blows that way far away.

+==+

Another universe to take the story? Potentially, however, PSO2 feels like it's already ridden the story that the online serial can do to the hilt. The most feasible way as far as I can witness to make a PSO3 with story at this point is to quit at Episode 6 and then make a story continuation out of PSO3.

+==+

New features that the engine PSO2 is using can't do? Now this is where I believe a PSO3 is credibly more possible. It'd take some doing to add something to PSO2 that it doesn't presently have and would have difficulty incorporating. A fresh engine would make up for that, definitely.

+==+

However, at what point in that sort of discourse would we start to lose what is Phantasy Star Online? That's something that project heads and collaborating developers for Sega would need to ask whenever they do something new for PSO, whether it's the next episode in PSO2, or if it would ever lead to a PSO3.

@Geordie-P said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@Ilúvatar said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@Geordie-P said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

The jp server was shit anyway, jp players were hostile towards foreigners and tried their hardest to get non jp players banned.

None of this is true.

oh yes it is, my first account was banned after 4 days right after buying arcs cash. I then tried several years later with the translation running and it was still shit.

Judging by your post history I cannot fathom why you would be banned. Maybe it's the way you act?

@OrangeJuche said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@Ilúvatar said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

The jp server was shit anyway, jp players were hostile towards foreigners and tried their hardest to get non jp players banned.

None of this is true.

oh yes it is, my first account was banned after 4 days right after buying arcs cash. I then tried several years later with the translation running and it was still shit.

Judging by your post history I cannot fathom why you would be banned. Maybe it's the way you act?

A lot of Japanese MMO's do have sensitive communities. They'll ban over the slightest negative comment. FF14 is a great example of this even in the NA servers.

@GamerKillance nah, this guy is rabble rousing in every thread they're in, if they did it in game it's a wonder they stayed online a day. I highly doubt they'll be here long either, flying too close to the sun etc.

@OrangeJuche said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

None of this is true.

A lot of Japanese MMO's do have sensitive communities. They'll ban over the slightest negative comment. FF14 is a great example of this even in the NA servers.

Or maybe it's a culture of politeness, that has little tolerance for rudeness.

It costs very little to be polite, it can cost much to be rude.

Too many people in the US consider politeness = weak. 😞

Has noting to do with politeness. Again this is the jp servers not the us. Many times its cause they see NA players are either just bad or thinking they will mess up their game runs. If you die a lot in a party they will kick you, not push toward area 3 fast enough etc. Many are hardcore players. and if banned most likely had to do with how you were playing or something cause ive been running since 2012 and actually met some jp players as friends.

As someone who has been to Japan they aren't as polite as you think. Just like EU and US they get angry, annoyed and can be those for no reason at all.