I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.

@Ilúvatar said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

It probably was not that. People (even Japanese players) use English words/phrases in chat without issue.

It could have also been a troll English player who banned them for it too. Griefing, one would say.

In my experience, many (most?) players who got "banned" got it as an automatic security measure resulting from changing both IP address and account email within a few days/weeks of one another. The account system for PSO2 JP flags this as suspicious and automatically locks the account (for safety), but you could only get it restored by contacting their support team...in Japanese.

@Ilúvatar said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

In my experience, many (most?) players who got "banned" got it as an automatic security measure resulting from changing both IP address and account email within a few days/weeks of one another. The account system for PSO2 JP flags this as suspicious and automatically locks the account (for safety), but you could only get it restored by contacting their support team...in Japanese.

Oh, that would've been problematic for me and my Cable ISP. Since Charter/Spectrum changes IP regularly (At least every month or two.) It can change more often if there are outages or network troubles and the modem has to be reset by the ISP.

The trick was to never change your account email.

@DHG-MumfordsSon said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

They throw EVERYTHING at you right away. For one, they give you far too many client quests and they are still poorly managed on where to go to find what etc. As a veteran player of course it’s all easy to figure out but if you’ve never played it, it’s cumbersome. The tutorials cut off too soon and require a lot of reading. Which of course you should read to find out the information but it’s still right in your face at the start. New players need to shift through 3 expansions worth of content immediately to figure out exactly what’s going on.

I myself made a brand new account to remember everything I had to do at the start in the JP version. It had been a couple years since I’d played but they shove a lot of information at you right from the get go. I can’t tell you how many groups I’d been In with no mag or even how to get one. It seemed after each quest 5 areas opened up 9 people have new client orders and they aren’t all that organized to begin with. Even a veteran player since the beginning of PSO 2 in Japan I was still confused a few times trying to figure out which client quests pertained to which area I was going to.

In any event it was a blast to play. Now it’s off to work and the real world begins. Here’s to hoping we get a roadmap of what’s next and not weeks of waiting in silence.

Anyways just my take.

Yeah, the difference between new players and the veterans of the Japanese client is obvious. I'd honestly say that the ratio between JP Server veterans to New players is about 50/50 right now, and the behavior is obvious because the veterans know exactly what they're doing, even with an unfamiliar control scheme, and they're leveling much faster, too.

My one concern, looking toward my experience with the Japanese servers, is player burnout due to the lack of any real endgame content. Yes, there are ultimate quests and such, but the reality is that once you hit around level 50 or so the content focus turns from character progression to farming as much meseta as possible as fast as possible via the Marathon quests (called running maneuvers on the NA client). This is so that players can participate in the actual endgame: Phashion Star Online 2; welcome to the ultimate form of loot hoarding, where the average price of a single costume component in a 5 piece set for female characters ranges from 2.5 million meseta all the way up to 40 million meseta (and now regularly exceeds 100 million meseta for specialty components). For comparison, a dedicated player can farm roughly 2-6 million meseta a week, per character.

I hope that microsoft and SEGA US implement preventative measures in that regard, so that the focus can be on developing further endgame content as opposed to simply shuttling out the next set of anime and game collaborations every month as the JP server does.

@Vicodin-Villian said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

My one concern, looking toward my experience with the Japanese servers, is player burnout due to the lack of any real endgame content. Yes, there are ultimate quests and such, but the reality is that once you hit around level 50 or so the content focus turns from character progression to farming as much meseta as possible as fast as possible via the Marathon quests (called running maneuvers on the NA client). This is so that players can participate in the actual endgame: Phashion Star Online 2; welcome to the ultimate form of loot hoarding, where the average price of a single costume component in a 5 piece set for female characters ranges from 2.5 million meseta all the way up to 40 million meseta (and now regularly exceeds 100 million meseta for specialty components). For comparison, a dedicated player can farm roughly 2-6 million meseta a week, per character.

I hope that microsoft and SEGA US implement preventative measures in that regard, so that the focus can be on developing further endgame content as opposed to simply shuttling out the next set of anime and game collaborations every month as the JP server does.

It could very well be possible that type of stuff might not be as popular in the West but who knows for sure.

I don't know what the end-game in PSO2 is like since I already have more time invested in this beta than my JP account. But from past Phantasy Star titles, there was plenty of meseta to be earned by grinding for the best gear and using the market. Unless they have made this irrelevant, I'd welcome fashion items that show your in-game success.

I'm a new player. You don't necessarily need to feel bad for some of us. I dislike it when games hold my hand and treat me like I'm an idiot. I played know that there's going to be a ton of information that I need to learn, but I took my time. I make sure I read things that have to do with features like how to add photon arts and techniques to your sub-palette. I did a lot of research before starting the game. I took the time to learn about my class, mag, units, skill tree etc. When I do need help PSO2 discord is a click away from me. I focused on tutorials first by speaking to Afin doing the ARKS Missions, and quests from your class instructor. There are a lot of quests , but I find guides that tell me which client orders are worth doing for example.

@Harriet said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

I'm a new player. You don't necessarily need to feel bad for some of us. I dislike it when games hold my hand and treat me like I'm an idiot. I played know that there's going to be a ton of information that I need to learn, but I took my time. I make sure I read things that have to do with features like how to add photon arts and techniques to your sub-palette. I did a lot of research before starting the game. I took the time to learn about my class, mag, units, skill tree etc. When I do need help PSO2 discord is a click away from me. I focused on tutorials first by speaking to Afin doing the ARKS Missions, and quests from your class instructor. There are a lot of quests , but I find guides that tell me which client orders are worth doing for example.

Great attitude to have. Not everything has to be rushed for new people.

@Harriet Atleast some is doing their research on the game and wants to get ahead.

@ChainLis said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@Harriet Atleast some is doing their research on the game and wants to get ahead.

I myself only had a few hours clocked on the JP version, I didn't even get past chapter 1, let alone past the Lava/Heat Zone. At that time we didn't even have Summoner (probably not bouncer either), and the captcha was still alphanumeric.

@oldColdReactive said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

@ChainLis said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

I myself only had a few hours clocked on the JP version, I didn't even get past chapter 1, let alone past the Lava/Heat Zone. At that time we didn't even have Summoner (probably not bouncer either), and the captcha was still alphanumeric.

I know what you mean. When I join back in 2014 Braver Class was the newest addition to the game. I didnt know what i was doing back then. But I researched the Fansite and Jp Fansite for info on how to progress through game. Truth be told, Fansites are your best source of information. If you don't know something Look it up or ask in-game and hope that someone replies back.

I was going to add more to my post, but realized I couldn't edit my post here. But yeah, I have to research for the NA release as a result of me not playing much. Which is why I asked about Techer being a good subclass for Summoner or not. Turns out Fighter/Braver/Phantom are: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/101/is-techer-a-good-sub-class-or-perhaps-bouncer/

@oldColdReactive said in I feel a little bad for brand new players who didn’t play the JP version.:

I was going to add more to my post, but realized I couldn't edit my post here. But yeah, I have to research for the NA release as a result of me not playing much. Which is why I asked about Techer being a good subclass for Summoner or not. Turns out Fighter/Braver/Phantom are: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/101/is-techer-a-good-sub-class-or-perhaps-bouncer/

They're good for subbing Summoner but it all depends on your play style. Meaning one Sub-Class is gonna going to fit right for you or seems like its messing something. If you know what I mean.

I feel like the Ark Main Missons actually do a pretty good job at kinda pushing you towards content to kinda keep a new player guided on the new things they can do atleast thats the way it seems early on from the beta. I have played pso 2 jp so it is possible that im more comfortable with it then i realize though.