[SUGGESTION] Bring 4K larger UIs to PC version when it's released.

They're not available in the Japanese PSO2 PC version and I'm definitely enjoying the 4K larger UIs in the Xbox One X version.

I'm requesting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, who would love for you guys to add the larger UIs to the PC version when it's released here!

We would definitely would love to take advantage of them! 🙂

Thanks!

Have u tried editing the config file ?

Here is a comparison between 0x vs 2x scaling via "user.pso2" config edit. x0 scale: 0x scale .jpg x2 scale: 2x scale.jpg

Tis is the part you are looking for in user.pso2 ( C:\Users\ "YOUR PC USER NAME" \Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 )

Screen = {

InterfaceSize = 2,                <------ Max 2  Higher =  bigger  UI
        MaxScale = 1,
        PreferredScale = 1.4,
        ReferenceResolution = {
            Y = 720,
            X = 1280,                     <------ Lowest this can go  is 720x1280,   Higher resolution = smaller UI
        }, 

}

@Nimble-Banana said in [SUGGESTION] Bring 4K larger UIs to PC version when it's released.:

They're not available in the Japanese PSO2 PC version and I'm definitely enjoying the 4K larger UIs in the Xbox One X version.

I'm requesting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, who would love for you guys to add the larger UIs to the PC version when it's released here!

We would definitely would love to take advantage of them! 🙂

Thanks!

There is a selection at the start (before ship selection) for changing text size/options which supposedly also changes UI element sizes.

If any of you played the PC version at 4K and NOT 1440p or 1080p or anything like that, you'd know editing the configuration file has limits. I've been there, done that. Even AnonMarc's pic is just 1440p.

The UI cannot be brought to any decent size when running 3840x2160. It's crazy small no matter what you put.

The Xbox One X PSO2 CBT is the very first time a true 4K scaling option has been available for PSO2.

@Nimble-Banana I forgot to include that my screenshot was 1440p (lack of edit sucks). Would have tried it on a 4k monitor but im not in possession of one atm. I hoped that the game was doing something derpy to the UI resolution on the config file, but looks like i was wrong there. Ty for the info.

Hopefully they were already planning on doing that, if not - then I join in with surely countless others who would like this. I have an 1080p monitor, but I like using 4K DSR - especially on "low" spec games.

As a side note(kinda related), hopefully that in-game voice(party what not) chat isn't exclusive to Xbox One either... since cross-play. Would be annoying if it was. >.>

@RocKiee-Kyrosu From what i been told Voice chat was added to JP some time ago so we should see it on NA PC also.

@AnonMarc Oh cool, hopefully that's one thing not to worry about lol.

@AnonMarc said in [SUGGESTION] Bring 4K larger UIs to PC version when it's released.:

@RocKiee-Kyrosu From what i been told Voice chat was added to JP some time ago so we should see it on NA PC also.

You're probably thinking of GROUP chat. Voice chat is only on NA for the moment. Probably integrated via Xbox Live, which JP of course doesn't use.

@Nimble-Banana You might be misunderstanding the way PSO2's UI works or I might be a bit confused with your suggestion. On a 1920x1080 display, in terms of 'physical size', JP's "1.5" scale option is the same as "4K - Large" on Xbox One on a 4K display which is the same as the "Middle" option if you were playing the Xbox One version on a plain-old HD display.

Are you saying if the PC version is set to 4K, additional scale options are still unavailable past the initial three and you can't scale the UI to its max amount?

Still related, I actually tried to SHRINK the UI scaling (not the text size from the main menu) of the Xbox version and the smallest I could take it was 100% - I typically like to play at around 80% UI scaling size so that most of the screen is clear.

From the looks of the config file mentions, it sounds easier to manipulate it on PC than Xbox. Regardless, being able to shrink the UI scale smaller than 100% would be nice. And apologies if it's already in there and I was hitting the wrong buttons - am pretty sure enlarging it was the only option presented.

@Leonkh99 said in [SUGGESTION] Bring 4K larger UIs to PC version when it's released.:

@Nimble-Banana You might be misunderstanding the way PSO2's UI works or I might be a bit confused with your suggestion. On a 1920x1080 display, in terms of 'physical size', JP's "1.5" scale option is the same as "4K - Large" on Xbox One on a 4K display which is the same as the "Middle" option if you were playing the Xbox One version on a plain-old HD display.

Are you saying if the PC version is set to 4K, additional scale options are still unavailable past the initial three and you can't scale the UI to its max amount?

I'm misunderstanding NOTHING and YES that is exactly what I am saying.

The PC version actually DOESN'T EVEN HAVE NATIVE 4K support. You can set the resolution manually and it works, but the scaling options for the UI do not allow setting anything that can scale as high as the XB1 version. Even if you try to set something manually using the configuration file, the game will ignore that.

@Nimble-Banana I see, apologies for that then just saw quite a couple of misconceptions regarding the UI Scaling Options (though quite different from your suggestions).

Yeah in your case, I do think its definitely agree and its a good suggestion. Hopefully their native 4K support is not Xbox One exclusive and they can get this on PC.

Well I for one hope they add it for PC. When I dont feel like playing on my 35 inch 3440x1440p monitor at 100fps, I would love to play on my recliner on my 70 inch 4k samsung T.V at 120 fps.