FIXED error 1813 / Launcher Update Loop

@Nei said in FIXED error 1813 / Launcher Update Loop:

Sorry for my english language in advance. I reinstall the game twice and it works for me twice. This is what I did :

I opened the PowerShell as Administrator (in start menu, type Powershell, right clic on it to open as admin).

Copy this line in it :

cd "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin" or cd "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j"

It depend where your files are installed (for me, I used the second line only). My game is installed on C and D... If your game is install on other place or other folder, change it of course.

Next, when you are in the folder on PowerShell, you copy/past this :

Get-Acl pso2launcher.exe | Set-Acl pso2.exe Get-Acl edition.txt | Set-Acl otp_notice_na.rtf

No errors messages ? it's done, rights are changed.

Return back on the launcher, launch the game. Update starts again but this time, no error message anymore. And the game starts

It works for me and for my friends, so I hope it works for all 🙂

Wait are you the french Nei? The one from I think PSU Odyssey forum? You where playing a lot of PSU?

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in FIXED error 1813 / Launcher Update Loop:

Wait are you the french Nei? The one from I think PSU Odyssey forum? You where playing a lot of PSU?

Yes it's me (I'm not french, but yes)^^ I'm on ship 3

I hope the tip works.

@Tecro2466 i did that but i still have the same problem + now the pop up of the laucher is in Japanese wtf rly

Game busted for me, spent half day just to spent another half hour to delete this trash from disk... If game can't properly install itself, how you can expect players to play it? O_O Biggest wrong -> selected microsoft shop i guess?

@Arianoth Its not the fault of the microsoft store. its the failed launcher they use. pso2 has permission problems with their launcher since 2012.

thats why so many people used custom launchers.

see this post from 2013: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?206464-Access-denied-to-open-quot-pso2updater-quot-and-quot-pso2-quot-files.

and many many more

i see a pattern.

Sorry for my english language in advance. I reinstall the game twice and it works for me twice. This is what I did :

I opened the PowerShell as Administrator (in start menu, type Powershell, right clic on it to open as admin).

Copy this line in it :

cd "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin"

or

cd "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j"

It depend where your files are installed (for me, I used the second line only). My game is installed on C and D... If your game is install on other place or other folder, change it of course.

Get-Acl pso2launcher.exe | Set-Acl pso2.exe

Get-Acl edition.txt | Set-Acl otp_notice_na.rtf

Return back on the launcher, launch the game. Update starts again but this time, no error message anymore. And the game starts

i got the same problem/error and i try what u said and it fixed x3 many kisses thank u so very much

I did it step by step, and the laucher didn't open! So I had the idea to download Tweaker PSO2, (https://arks-layer.com) I used it as an alternative laucher, so he could update the game files. And right after the whole wine-making and updating process, which by the way takes a long time, I joined the game on my own and it worked! I believe that this workaround should work for many here.

Note: Remembering that I did the procedure to download TakeOwnership to access the WindowsApps folder

Hey it seems they finally fixed it I could finally install it without problems ! Going to play finally !

I am having startup issue where I launch the app followed by below error. Anyone with a solution? I can't seem to find good solutions navigating through internet.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j\pso2startup

use the arks-tweaker and every problem is solved.

@HoDKenji said in FIXED error 1813 / Launcher Update Loop:

use the arks-tweaker and every problem is solved.

I tried to install that tweaker on Windows 10. Double click installer, an error message pops up with not much info on it. Without what error it is, I can't try to find a solution via internet. So close to giving up on this game.

@Danorua did you use the guide? is your os on developer mode?

@HoDKenji

I read about the developer mode and i thought of it as after installation. Thank you for clearing that out for me!

Copy this line in it :

cd "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin"

or

cd "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j"

Get-Acl pso2launcher.exe | Set-Acl pso2.exe

Get-Acl edition.txt | Set-Acl otp_notice_na.rtf

This man is a GOD. It worked and I had a problem with the .rtf.pat file. ILY

This post is deleted!