FIXED error 1813 / Launcher Update Loop

I see that this is a pinned topic, is it really 100% working? I had to reinstall Windows 10 yesterday because of a broken installation and I am afraid to download the game again at this point.

The fixes that have been posted here did get my game running.

totally wrong. no reason to go to windowsapp folder.

the issue is created by (the pcname)\user (not your admin account the user for everything) dont have access on the files in C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

download the 11 gb in the ms store start the game it starts the verify process when it reaches 2/2

go to the ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin folder. right click it. properties security tab> change owner to yourself. click the button to share this with every other file and folder ... click ok.

rightclick ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin again and change the rights for the user to everything. click the little box under the list and click ok again. it will copy it to every file ... it will say file xy wont exist click continue ... do this again to be sure at file 92k .

finished.

i need a solution for getting the 11gb from the store <.< since today if i klick on install, i can´t choose the drive and it is trying to install it. instant error. I need the alternative install for solving this fucking shit of MS.

with external laucher install there is no problems in install the launcher...update the game but you can´t log-in cause of you can´t set up your account.

@Ragnador-GER Well the fixes on this post arent totally wrong since many have gotten the game work thanks to them.

lol now if i doble click the psolauncher is in chinese, what a broken shitty game im totally mad

Ty for ur solutions u did more than sega and microsoft

Sorry, i use this tutorial in Spanish and works for me.

https://pso2guias.com/pso2-na-error-1813/

Nothing works still lacking the power

Well, looks like this worked for solving error 1813 issue but now it's a completely different error I got.

I resolved it as follows:

1- Run Powershell in administrator mode. (((If typing commands in Powershell immediately causes an error, go to the control panel and log into a local account, log out of the Microsoft account.)))

2- Type this in the Powershell: set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned (Enter)

3- Select YES to ALL (Select the specific letter for this action, depending on your language.) (Enter)

4- Type it: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} (Enter)

(The process takes a while, just wait.) ... ... ...

5- When finished, open the game and wait even longer for it to scan all files that have already been downloaded, and then you will download another 35684 in section 2/2. And that's it.

P.S. The powershell is found by pressing on the magnifying glass in the lower left corner, next to "Start". (Type Powershell) Then choose the option (Run as administrator) and do the above processes.

Why do we even have to do all this shit.....Why is this a thing after so long. It's not worth the time. I give up on installing this game.

The sad part is that I played the japenese Version about a year ago, on the same system and the game and the fan created japenese translation program worked without any problems at all at first try. And with the US Version, I spent hours to get it finallly working.

checked all the solutions in 2 differents pc, and all worked, you cant find the C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin because its hidden , to unhid all folders go to the file explorer your main yellow folder , on the top left select view and to the right side of the bar check the hidden items options if you decide to download take ownership ** 3 sec donload time and its safe be sure to have winrar to descompress the program *only double click on it, that will allow you to take ownership from the previous folder..pso2_bin by right clicking will appear a new option with a windows shield that says take ownership, then follow ragnador instructions totally wrong. no reason to go to windowsapp folder.

the issue is created by (the pcname)\user (not your admin account the user for everything) dont have access on the files in C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin

download the 11 gb in the ms store start the game it starts the verify process when it reaches 2/2

go to the ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin folder. right click it. properties security tab> change owner to yourself. click the button to share this with every other file and folder ... click ok.

rightclick ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin again and change the rights for the user to everything. click the little box under the list and click ok again. it will copy it to every file ... it will say file xy wont exist click continue ... do this again to be sure at file 92k .

finished. Iron bannana solution its also vialble,

Sorry, i use this tutorial in Spanish and works for me.

https://pso2guias.com/pso2-na-error-1813/ *use google traductor. i spent 2 hours checking both im sure you can use 15 min of your time to fix it.

@IronBananaCL Hell yeah, that worked for me thank you sir.

Sorry for my english language in advance. I reinstall the game twice and it works for me twice. This is what I did :

I opened the PowerShell as Administrator (in start menu, type Powershell, right clic on it to open as admin).

Copy this line in it :

cd "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\pso2_bin"

or

cd "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Mutable\100B7A24.oxyna_1.0.7.0_x64__wyfsmff9ynw7j"

It depend where your files are installed (for me, I used the second line only). My game is installed on C and D... If your game is install on other place or other folder, change it of course.

Next, when you are in the folder on PowerShell, you copy/past this :

Get-Acl pso2launcher.exe | Set-Acl pso2.exe

Get-Acl edition.txt | Set-Acl otp_notice_na.rtf

No errors messages ? it's done, rights are changed.

Return back on the launcher, launch the game. Update starts again but this time, no error message anymore. And the game starts

It works for me and for my friends, so I hope it works for all 🙂