Disconnected due to an authentication error. Please wait a while and try again, or send an error report through our inquiry form. [No.787]

I can't login can someone help me I changed my gamertag recently if that helps.

PC here, I'm in the same boat. I think this might be our fault for doing so. I'm currently reinstalling to see if it will let me manually log in and then hopefully it'll be resolved.

Some background: Before I hit submit to create an xbox live account for PSO2, I tried to get my old gamertag attached to my windows account. Couldn't figure it out, so I left it, no big deal. Well, when I logged into the xbox live website, it had auto-generated a name for me and I didn't think anything of it. I had assumed that picking an account name in PSO2 would override it, which it didn't. I went ahead and started playing the game, but when I refreshed the page on my browser it still showed the same placeholder name, so I changed it to match PSO2.

I had to exit to mess with my graphics settings and when I tried to pick a ship I was just met with Authentication Error 787 and this was the same for all ships.

I tried redownloading the game already still nothing I think the best thing to do is submit a ticket

@Ruditate Relog on your xbox companion app

@Pikiri6405

This fixed it for me, though I did also reinstall.

That fixed it thank you.

Signing out of Xbox companion app, and signing back in didn't work. Neither did rebooting either. Even updated the Xbox Identity Provider app from the Microsoft store. Still getting this error.

Did you guys get this fixed? Having the same problem.

Literally cannot solve this.

@Ruditate This JUST worked for me since this thread didn't have a solution that worked for me. Go into your pso2 files and delete the gameguard folder as well as the Microsoftgame.config, then run the check files from launcher. I don't know which did it but the combo worked for me.

Yeah now it's telling me this on ship 2 as well and I was JUST on ship 2.

@DarkShadowRage hmm I think for some reason the server is full is the reason. Cuz I trying to another ship is normal

@Ainzhell said in Disconnected due to an authentication error. Please wait a while and try again, or send an error report through our inquiry form. [No.787]:

@DarkShadowRage hmm I think for some reason the server is full is the reason. Cuz I trying to another ship is normal

I read that someone on the forums said that there was only 10 active blocks on ship 2, I think ship 2 is completely busted.

@Pikiri6405 THANK YOU. This fixed it for me.