"an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014

What needs to happen is the servers need to be shutdown for maintenance for maybe a day or even a few hours to address these issues but we know thats never going to happen

@EeryHealer8871

That would be meaningless, as this isn't an issue with the servers or the client.

The issue lies with the gameguard program and false flags, which is why turning off the correct process can often fix many of these errors. The staff behind gameguard is entirely separate from the people running PSO2, which is why contacting them directly has been mentioned.

Damn i had everything solved. Had the patch installed the lobby was fixed the NP1014 error stopped showing up and everything. I finally gain the spirit to update my windows 10 since ive been putting it off for a week now and low and behold my pso2 game start with the NP1014 error code again so i can't get passed the enter screen. i restart my computer now i can't even get them game to load for some reason it keeps opening the microsoft store... Why universe why do you do this to me. literal about to give up and put the game down maybe come back to it next year. if i can't fix it today it's just going to the trash

Ok i think i found a solution for my error 1013 pop up and getting crashed to my desktop so i donwnloaded the beta xbox companion app for window 10 and i hit play through the app so far i was able to play for almoat 1 hour without a crash and that was enough to get me through 1 quest and to watch a concert so i think i fixed my problem but it will need further testing with quests if the error comes up again I'll put in an update later on this week.

@EeryHealer8871 is it what i use to trying to play at the game but i am unable to make it work and i did try doing every things the admins told to do . and even re installed the game entirely many time , my win 10 in up to date also . i am not interested to get the tweaker , i prefer to get a real solution or a fix being done .

@DemriasAmaranth said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

@EeryHealer8871 is it what i use to trying to play at the game but i am unable to make it work and i did try doing every things the admins told to do . and even re installed the game entirely many time , my win 10 in up to date also . i am not interested to get the tweaker , i prefer to get a real solution or a fix being done .

I feel your pain but i can only do so much as a casual the only thing I've found that seems to be working is me using this on my pc https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-console-companion-beta/9nblggh1j27h?activetab=pivot:overviewtab again this may or may not work and fix my problem and i still need time to test it but so far after i did a quest and hung out in the main gate area and me play for about 45-60 mins so far I've had no issues but again my fix may not work for everyone so all i can say is try it if it doesn't work well i tried to find a solution to make the game work.

@EeryHealer8871 my brother suggest me to uninstall and forgot the game , i really wish to play it , so i would be patient and wait until to see if they release a real fix for these issue , no matter the time it would take for this .

@DemriasAmaranth said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

@EeryHealer8871 my brother suggest me to uninstall and forgot the game , i really wish to play it , so i would be patient and wait until to see if they release a real fix for these issue , no matter the time it would take for this .

Ok so there's 3 ways to help uninstall it theres the free uninstall software just select windows apps and search for the game on this software https://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php option 2 is to go through your windows 10 settings as if you were going to update but when menu comes up just select the apps tile and search for the game there once it populates the apps option 3 is to find the pso2 bin and delete as admin entirely just make sure those files are set to full control through the windows permissions or option for is to look for it in the control panel and uninstall it from there anyway a reboot of your pc is needed to erase the files entirely but afterwards you should be able to reinstall the game and be able to play it.

@BoltonSquad @SuccubusAlice Thanks for your replies.

I sent in my .ERL files, and got the same unhelpful response back from the GameGuard tech support about terminating all of the processes that weren't crucial to running the computer and PSO2, but they did suggest a couple processes I hadn't tried yet. That's gotten my issue down to at least the predictable stage, where my game will crash with an NP1014 error exactly 58 minutes and 35 seconds from the moment I press "Yes" to the administrator access prompt. I've gotten it down so exact that I can bring one of my roommates in and have them watch the crash happen precisely when my timer hits zero.

While that's a fun trick, I would just rather be able to play without interruptions, so I've sent in my next batch of .ERL files for another review; hopefully once they see that only Windows processes and PSO2 are running, they'll have something more meaningful for me.

I did notice that this PSOWorld post from 2016 mentioned something about the every-hour crash having to do with the GPU requesting additional resources, but my GPU drivers are current and the NP1014 code supposedly means it is a GameGuard error. If anyone can help with that correlation, I'd appreciate it.

@Chance-the-Dragon

Since your error shares the "hourly" time frame me and a few others had, I can probably help narrow down the exact files if you feel like listing them. Although there is a chance it could be different for us, it is worth a shot.

Am I the only person this "happy" little side-effect reaches to?

So here's what happens to me in steps:

Playing game, doing my thing - suddenly! An unexpected error occurred. and the game is gone

Try to reload the game, no more controls, fun times! gotta ALT+F4 and reboot

But wait, since the game crashed, restart and shut down don't work anymore, Windows hangs on those screens and has to be forcibly de-powered!

What in the actual flaming dolphin stunt jump-hoops of hell is that final step!? why does a GameGuard crash cause Windows to be unable to shut down or restart on its own?

@King-Of-Red said in "an unexpected error occured" error code NP1014:

Am I the only person this "happy" little side-effect reaches to?

So here's what happens to me in steps:

Playing game, doing my thing - suddenly! An unexpected error occurred. and the game is gone

Try to reload the game, no more controls, fun times! gotta ALT+F4 and reboot

But wait, since the game crashed, restart and shut down don't work anymore, Windows hangs on those screens and has to be forcibly de-powered!

What in the actual flaming dolphin stunt jump-hoops of hell is that final step!? why does a GameGuard crash cause Windows to be unable to shut down or restart on its own?

well it sounds like your pc is getting hung on the app when it crashes for me it was just a straight crash to my desktop and well i haven't had this error come back ever since using the xbox beta app for me the games runs smoothly with no issues or errors now and well i didn't have to turn off any software on my pc as people talked about in past posts on here anyway so far my fix has been using the xbox beta app to fix my issue and it's still running smoothly with no issues and so far the only issue i've had so far are my files getting corrupted and the game deleting its self entirely from my pc and then i have to re download it other than that i've had no further issues

Hey guys, I was having the same issue for a couple of weeks. I would get a random NP1014 error ~35 mins into running the game. I tried every possible fix, as well as terminating all the possibly problematic processes to no avail.

Today, I stumbled across this thread on another PSO2 forum.

As suggested in the thread, I installed Sophos and ran a scan. It found a couple of tracking cookies, and I removed those. PSO2 has now been running for more than an hour without crashing. If you've tried everything and nothing works for you, maybe give this a shot!

I'm still completely baffled as to why GameGuard would be bothered by those cookies...